Sunday, September 27, 2020

Boss Orchestrates Their Own Downfall


The biggest kicker in this ridiculous scenario is that a competent boss who was actually pulling their weight would've said just this, but then nothing would've happened because the competent boss was fulfilling the duties of their job. Unfortunately, this boss was not doing their job. So, after the employee complied the boss was exposed for not doing their job. If they'd never said anything, they would've been a whole lot better off. 

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance + Join u/more-input • 22h Boss tells me l'm not a manager so I stopped doing her job M For background: I work in mental health and substance use services I have worked in my job for a long time now. My boss is never available for help and hardly on site. Recently she has got a new manager who is not impressed with her work ethic, but then lock down happened and he had to shield, she has gone straight back to her old ways. Boss will often ask me to do her work for her

2.

Text - I had a meeting with my boss after an incident at work where someone tried to assault me , I told my boss I didn't feel supported by her after it had happened as she wasn't present and didn't manage it well afterwards. In the middle of the meeting boss says perhaps you want to consider some easier work in a different department? Me: what, why? Boss: Well you do take on a lot of extra work that you don't need to a lot of this work is managers jobs. Maybe you need to learn to say no to taki

3.

Text - Boss: Oh OP can you induct new starters on their first day? Me: Sorry boss, that's a managers job Boss: Can you complete Fire risk assessment? Me: Sorry boss that's a managers job. After a while she stops asking me things, then one day she's working from home, l'm pretty sure she has been telling her manager she's on site throughout lock down but mostly isn't Huge incident kicks off with residents, emergency services are called etc. I call boss and explain to her what happened Boss: OP ca

4.

Text - manage the incident, turned out she was visiting a friend who lived at the coast whilst she was meant to be on site! Someone accidentally let slip to her manager when he called in the incident and there was no one to manage, he asked me to deal with the incident. I explained I couldn't and that boss had reported me as taking on to much work to OH. A full investigation has been launched into her conduct and ability to do her job. Manager now talks to me directly and supervises me, he is he

5.

Text - Edit again to answer people who ask why I would do bosses work in the first place? The residents still deserve support and to be given the best chances, if I can make that easier for them by taking on extra work I will. There is enough going on for people who come to us they don't need things being messed up because others don't want to do their jobs. 1 8 9 1 11 27.4k , 443 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment