Saturday, August 22, 2020

Tenant Refuses To Pay Rent, Parents Take Tenant To Court


Freeloaders are swinging way outside of their weight class when they try to take on the hard working people of this world. These folks clearly had some grit, and were not going to get pushed around by a tenant who was just trying to squat on their property for as long as she could milk it. Fortunately, the court system provided a smooth resolution to the infuriating predicament. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/MrTyroneTheCat • 2y Should've just paid the rent So this is a story about my parents around 7 or 8 years ago when I was barely leaving elementary school. I was really young and my parents kept my sister and I in the dark at the time but they later told me the gist of what happened. First thing first, my parents owned two houses. They decided to keep the old house when they bought a new one so they could rent it out. The old house was in a decent area but on the edge

2.

Text - After the horror story of the first tenant (used a dumb loop hole in our state in order to live there for almost 6 months rent free) my parents found a single woman with temporary foster kids who was interested, lets call her Bad Tenant (BT). She seemed really nice at first, housing kids who needed a home and selling homemade tacos from her taco cart. My parents did a background check and see that her income from the state for the kids should cover the rent and figure her side hustle woul

3.

Text - 1. Not required since the house was in perfect condition when she moved in and was not due to anything on my parents part. (We planned on moving back after my sis finished high school so we replaced anything we thought would break and repainted it) 2. Caused by the way too many kids in the house. This pissed off BT and she stopped paying her rent. Just some backstory, my dad is a fair reasonable guy and I've never seen him give attitude to anyone let alone yell, my mother however is your

4.

Text - BT was dead serous about this and my parents had to take her to court. I later learned she only did this in order to stay at the house a little longer without having to pay rent. My parents were pissed, this was the second time a tenant had gotten away without paying rent. At this point I need to say I truly love my dad but my mom is the most dedicated person I know, if she wants something she will find some way to get it. She was born and raised in Central America, traveled all the way t

5.

Text - The first thing she did was head to child services with photos of the house condition, courtesy of my father who always took photos of the house when he went over for the maintenance. They looked over and thanked my profusely for the evidence and told them they would look into it. Next my parents got a lawyer who collected all the photos we took before she moved in to prove the house's condition before she moved in. Now I wasn't in the court room but from what my dad told me it was the mo

6.

Text - Now my parents knew that they were not going to see a dime from the lady given that she no longer could house kids. Whoops. It also turns out she was using her mother's name in order to house even more kids which explains why they were given to her to the start, so she was going to answer to that too. Double whoops. lastly, just to put the cherry on the cake, my parents but a lien on her taco cart so she couldn't make money that way either. Fucking triple whoops. This might not be enough

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment