Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Petty Injustices that People are Still Salty About


As an adult, you have to deal with some pretty disappointing garbage, but for some reason the real stuff that keeps you up at night, seething with rage, is the thought that in 4th grade you got pinned with calling another kid a butthead when in fact it was actually Dylan. We all just have stuff we're still salty about.

1.

Text - BZUKAjoe 2.7k points · 1 day ago S I found a bongo next to the trash at my old apartment and it was a perfect time capsule of the 90's. it had grateful dead stickers, a smiley face holographic sticker, a pot leaf sticker, and alien. i'm telling you if someone made this as a prop for a movie about the 90's, I would have told them that it's too on the nose. When i came home from work the first thing my GFs friend said was "You're welcome" and I was like "What?". She had peeled off ALL of th

2.

Text - guitarkow 55.2k points · 1 day ago · edited 18 hours ago ¡2 e & 9 More In elementary school, there was a pencil machine in the front lobby where you could get pencils for 25 cents. There were also "special" pencils that had stars on them. If you got one of these special pencils, you could take it into the office and get a prize. One day, I decided to get a pencil. I put in my quarter and out popped TWO pencils. And one of them was a special pencil! I went into the office and told the lady

3.

Text - MadamNerd 45.7k points · 1 day ago · edited 20 hours ago The fact that I spelled "mayonnaise" correctly in my fourth grade class spelling bee, but the teacher claimed I didn't and dismissed me. I had won in the third grade, and proceeded to win in the fifth and sixth grades as well. The unfair disqualification in fourth grade ruined what would have been a four year streak.

4.

Text - Ben-Dough-Ver 40.6k points · 1 day ago 2 & 7 More My sister got a brand new car for her 16th birthday...I got $20.

5.

Text - JustOurThings 34.5k points · 1 day ago G 8 That my 6th grade teacher refused to believe I had no idea the dude sitting behind me was copying my answers on the test

6.

Text - Randomcomment23 22.7k points · 1 day ago Coming second in a school trivia competition 21 years ago. I had the correct answers on 2 questions that would have sent us to the national champs and was vetoed by the other 3 shitheads on my team.

7.

Text - forgetful-giraffe 21.0k points · 1 day ago edited 16 hours ago I was at a house party in college and we had to take off our shoes. Some bitch walked home in my leather knee high boots and I've never gotten over it.

8.

Text - Redwood_soft_boy 20.5k points · 1 day ago When I had to get photos printed for a university project so I went to a printer shop and they charged me £2 extra for a DVD with my photos on even though I told them I didn't want the DVD so I didn't get it but they still charged me anyways and threw away my receipt before I could look at it. So with my new photos I went to hand in my project, only to be told that we were doing a peer review of them.. no-one in my group did the project and couldn

9.

Text - Gloomy_CowPlant 20.4k points · 1 day ago · edited 18 hours ago G S On a fourth grade math test we had to make a shape that had only four sides, one set of parallel lines, and only ONE right angle (there were probably more requirements but I cant remember) I remember almost crying at my desk and spending 20 minutes on that one question while constantly telling my teacher that it wasnt possible but according to her it was. And the next day we went over the answer key, and the answer had two

10.

Text - Portarossa 20.4k points · 1 day ago 2 I've mentioned this before, but when I was about eight or nine, we had a big project in school which ended with us writing a story. I spent fuckin' hours on this thing. It was going to be the best book ever. It was only a matter of time before it was snapped up by some publisher and then it would be the talk of the Scholastic Book Fair, no doubt in my mind. It absolutely had to be in by the time school finished for Christmas, so my teacher could mark

11.

Text - whatnofood 18.6k points · 1 day ago A child in my child's class at school told their teacher that their mom was taking them out of school for the day of their birthday and so they would be absent on that day. The teacher admonished the child and told them that if they weren't present the following day that there would be hell to pay. The child was rightly upset and decided to go into school, they hadn't taken down their homework properly and so did three different pages of work. It was th

12.

Text - justsomeguynbd 18.1k points 1 day ago Twenty years ago I had three friends show up at my house and when they left my wallet with $80 in it was missing. One of the guys felt bad and gave me $20 back. Three years after that we are in the BK drive thru and he whipped out my wallet. Still salty. His FB friend request has just been sitting there for like two years.

13.

Text - TZH85 17.2k points · 1 day ago · edited 22 hours ago I'm 35 now. When I was 14 or 15, my mom stormed into my room one evening and accused me of smashing a glass and getting rid of the evidence. It was one of these retro coke glasses. I swore I didn't break any glass - and if I did, why would I hide such a small accident? But my mom didn't believe me. She was so mad and accused me of lying. She wouldn't even say why I was her prime suspect. Somehow it just had to be me. Anyway, I got into

14.

Text - scottevil110 16.7k points · 1 day ago When I was 10, I (the goody two-shoes nerd) was sat in the back of the bus, next to the class trouble- maker, because we had assigned seats (thanks to him). He took apart someone's science fair project that was being kept back there, and threw a piece out the window. When someone tattled on him, he blamed it on me, and since the teacher couldn't prove one way or another, they just punished both of us, despite 15 kids coming to my defense. Fuck schools

15.

Text - PMmeYOURtitsFORmemes 16.1k points · 1 day ago · edited 14 hours ago I once returned a wallet to a police station like 15 years ago. They laughed cause there was money in it still. They then asked for my address so they could mail me a little something to commemorate the good deed. Never got anything. :(I just wanted to hang it on my fridge.

16.

Text - Bells87 15.1k points · 1 day ago That my managers wouldn't let me have a weekend off for what would have essentially been my honeymoon because "It's small business Saturday and you need to be here." I gave them over a month's notice and Small Business Saturday lasted all of an hour. Thank God, I don't work there anymore.

17.

Text - pinkmonocle47 13.4k points · 1 day ago My brother eating the remainder of my birthday cake behind my back a couple of years ago. After the celebrations I put what was left in the freezer to have some other time as a nice treat (birthday cake being a novelty). The fucker demolished every last bit of it. This wasn't just a little slice of cake leftover, at least half of the cake remained until he got his mitts on it. Was absolutely fuming.

18.

Text - AtheistCreationist 12.3k points ·1 day ago · edited 21 hours ago Came second in food tech competition. Made a lovely main course then Langues du chat biscuits with lemon posset for dessert. I made this dessert because the judges prior to this day told us "don't make a cake for dessert" Guess what won first place? A fucking cake.

19.

Text - brc_pb 11.0k points · 1 day ago my mum ate a candy I saved for after school. it happened 20 years ago

20.

Text - Mekisteus 10.9k points · 1 day ago · edited 22 hours ago The question in second grade math: "Joe read two-fifths of his book and Sue read one quarter of her book. Who read more pages?" "It depends on how big their books are" is absolutely the correct answer and shouldn't have been marked wrong. And you fucking know it, don't you, Mrs. Kay? Don't you?!

21.

Text - tres_chill 9.7k points · 1 day ago In a 5th grade science test the question was, "Are there any stars in the solar system." I answered, "Yes". Teacher marked it wrong. I went up afterwards and said, "What about the Sun?" He said, he meant that all the other stars are not in our solar system and kept it marked wrong. Although I am harboring this for 50 years now, he was all-around one of the best teachers I ever had and just passed away a week or so ago. But damn, that should have been mar

22.

Text - Davran 8.9k points · 1 day ago I worked at McDonald's in high school. I trained maybe half a dozen other people who started there after I did and was never promoted to crew trainer for that sweet $0.15 an hour raise. I wouldn't really be salty about it if they hadn't promoted TWO people I trained to crew trainer, and one of them again to manager.

23.

Text - mario_almada 7.3k points · 1 day ago When my son was in Cub Scouts and it was our first time going to the Pinewood Derby. My son worked hard on his car and for a 7 year old, it was decent. We show up and not a single kid built those cars, it was pretty much a "dad competition". My son came in dead last and I was sad for him because his friends literally said that their dads all built their cars. So for the next 4 years my son picked the design and color scheme, and I built them while at w

24.

Text - kuroishi_x 5.2k points · 1 day ago · edited 18 hours ago a In fourth grade English class (EU) I've used the word "gross" in a random sentence we had to write. The teacher argued that it isn't a real word, I said that it is, that I saw it a few times in video games and movies and she said that they aren't a reliable source. I said to her that I'm gonna show it in the dictionary, but she instead grabbed me by the arm and took me out of the classroom and locked the door. To this day I am sti

25.

Text - gspi1005 3.0k points · 1 day ago Avatar, the giant international blockbuster, used the papyrus font as it's logo.

26.

Text - disgruntled_joe 2.8k points · 1 day ago Skittles changing green from lime to apple

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment