Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Couple Leaves Windows Open, Bats Invade Home


As far as nightmarish situations involving creepy crawlers and other animals getting into one's home while they're away, this scenario takes the cake. The poor guy's heart must've leapt outside of his chest when he realized that he was not dealing with birds, but instead an army of bats. Kudos to the landlord for tackling that terrifying situation with fearless gusto. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/TheAyJay • 15h TIFU by cracking open a few windows of our third floor apartment before leaving on a week long vacation M My wife and I moved from the U.S. to Germany earlier this year. We left our cat behind thinking we'd pop back over for him once we got settled (a pre-COVID thought). COVID messed that up so this past week I went back to get him finally.

2.

Text - My wife was going to be gone while I was in the U.S. and normally we leave the tops of our windows cracked for airflow (we were told we need to air apartments regularly). These are 6 foot tall tilt-and-turn windows notorious in Germany. I returned yesterday and it's where the fuck-up unfolds. Traveling internationally with a cat and during COVID is stressful enough, so after lugging my cat and luggage home, I was ready to unwind and fall asleep. However, life likes to teach me lessons the

3.

Text - Given that I only had a small broom to deal with the bats and it was Sunday night (nothing is open on Sundays), I frantically called my landlord for assistance. He hurried over with a 10 pool cleaning net and we got to work. We found bats in all the curtains and behind all of the canvases, posters, and mirrors. If there was a place off the ground with room for a bat, you can bet there was one there. My landlord described us as the Spartans from 300 fighting off the 125 bats (last nights e

4.

Text - Today, I caught about 30 more that apparently started to nest in one of the walls (our apartment is over 100 years old and not in the best shape). I think I got all of them, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. 0/10 would not recommend. TL;DR Wife and I left a few windows cracked while we were gone for a week and came back to 150+ bats in our apartment. They shit on everything in every room.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment