Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Coworker Steals Waiter's Tip, Waiter Takes Calculated Revenge


Anyone who has ever worked in the industry (or even not) understands the grueling nature of just getting through shifts with as little drama as possible. Whether it's fielding a toxic wave of Karens that have a bone to pick with anyone in their near vicinity, or just trying to collect enough tips from customers to make ends meet; the job is not easy. Well, the job is made a whole lot worse by nasty coworkers like this one who have a knack for staging dramatic breakdowns over the most trivial of things. This waiter handled their coworker though. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Restaurantthrowaway9 • 3y The time a coworker stole my tip. [Xpost from r/Talesfromyourserver] The coworker in question was a pain in the ass, but she was a decent server and she did her sidework, so what evs. So this girl wanted to leave early one night. She had one table left and asked me to take them because they would be camping out for a while. I too had one table left that was just finishing up. So I said l'd take them if she didn't cash them out first. I wasn'

2.

Text - Now I don't know why she transferred them because she stayed the whole time they were there. She walked around the whole restaurant and bar, trashing me to anyone who would listen. When it came time to cash them out she went to the table and said something to them while I was running their cards and making change. Fuckin A. I handed them their slips, and cash to the one guy who paid in cash. Someone at the table said, "I don't know what you did to that girl, but she told us not to tip you

3.

Text - Now, everyone at the table left me a 20%-ish tip... except for the cash guy, who left me nothing... on a $20 dollar check... 20% X $20 = $4. It was at this point that I lost my shit. I asked her if she took money off of my table. I'd like to say I was calm and collected, but l'm sure that I wasn't. %3D She runs screaming to the manager that I accused her of stealing. I explain the whole situation to the manager, who I'm sure will see reason. He opts to check the security footage, but no,

4.

Text - Now here comes the really fucked up part. My next shift the regional manager comes in to talk to me about the whole situation. She acknowledges that she believes me, but there's nothing she can do about it. And then she instructs me to apologize to the girl! Ha! Fat chance! I agreed to do it but obviously never did. Well it was around that point that I moved to the bar full time. I had several weapons of revenge at my disposal, but the best one in my arsenal, by far, was that I now knew t

5.

Text - One time I said her name quietly, under my breath, so only she could hear it. Then I pretended like I didn't say anything. Instant meltdown. Run screaming to the manager. The real key was to wait for a night when she was already in a bad mood, then do it 2 or 3 times in a row, then wait a few weeks to do it again. That way it looked like she was just being a child and taking it out on me since she already had beef with me. It worked like a charm. She got shittier shifts, shittier sections

6.

Text - Eventually she got fired for threatening to have her boyfriend beat me up... within earshot of a manager. Fired on the spot. Check and mate bitch. The whole process took about 5 months. Was it petty? Yes. Was it childish and passive aggressive? Absolutely. Was it all over $4? Yup. Was it satisfying? Oh... it was so, so satisfying. TL;DR: Hooker steals my tip. I systematically, yet covertly, antagonize her until she gets herself fired. 6.2k 141 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment