Saturday, August 15, 2020

Entitled Mom Demands to Speak to Elevator Tech's Supervisor, It's Him


If there's one person to not rush or piss off, it's anyone who's repairing an elevator. In this case he leveraged the situation in order to make the whole thing even more frustrating. For some reason some folks don't get that sometimes elevators need to be safely repaired, like this time an elevator technician took revenge on an entitled woman.

1.

Text - O r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/Longshot79 11 hours ago EK gets us "suspended" for a week oc M Ok, I work on elevators, and was, at this time an apprentice working on service jobs with a mechanic. We'll call him "Rick". Now Rick was a really nice guy, we got along really well, but he had a bit of a short fuse. Thrown tools were fairly normal if he got frustrated. Anyways, we were working on an elevator with the machinery in the basement, and some of it was only accessible from the e

2.

Text - Entitled Mom (never found out her name) now comes into play. I'm working in the elevator pit, and I hear the elevator doors open, and then hear the mon step in, and the loud noise of the buttons in the cab being hammered. This quickly turned into her banging, and then kicking the doors and screaming for help. This progression took less time than it would have taken for me to get a word in edgewise. I, being the nice guy I am, yelled up to her to press the door open button, but, as the sig

3.

Text - The mom storms down the stairs (pretty fast I'll admit) and starts pounding on the bottom door where we've barricaded off our area. So she's already inside a barrier that's very much there for her safety, and she's screaming at me that I trapped her in the elevator and I need to turn it on now because her baby was on the fourth floor in her stroller and needed to come downstairs to go to an appointment. Now, Rick and I are, as I've said, pretty nice guys and if she'd come and asked polite

4.

Text - I stayed where I was because, frankly, she can't get to me so she can have her tantrum. Then Rick arrived. She saw him, in his elevator company shirt, and went off that I had trapped her, and the elevator fell, and her baby was in the hallway and needed to come down right now so we better get the elevator turned on right now. Now Rick is also very smart, and has been doing service for many years. He calmly tells her we can't just turn it on, we have to complete the repairs for safety reas

5.

Text - Of course she calls him, tells a story that almost resembles what actually happened, which is the last straw for Rick. Don't fucking lie to Rick. So he maintains his composure, and tells her that our behaviour was unacceptable, and that he would be suspending us for a week without pay. After a few minutes he came in, knocked on the door where I was waiting, so I opened it up, he leaned down and whispered "pack up and act angry" so I played along, packed up the tools and carried them to th

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment