Saturday, June 13, 2020

Wholesome Mechanic Helps Woman Who Got a BS Quote


Usually if you hear a retail story it's gonna be about how horribly entitled a customer is. However, this time it's about a customer who seriously needed help and found exactly the right person in a mechanic on a slow day. For more wholesome stories, here's one about a senior who mistook a guy's car for a taxi or this lazy genius school project story.

1.

Text - r/TalesFromRetail - Posted by u/FatalScroll 3 days ago Guy said her car was only worth $2,000 because of a squeaking door! Medium Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster! I used to manage a oil change shop. I was actually working by myself that day as I had the slowest store in the company. I had an older Chinese lady (probably mid to late 60s) pull into my parking lot in a decent looking car. She spoke some English but you could tell it wasn't her first language. She seemed upset

2.

Text - Now this happened at least like 8 or 9 years ago so I don't remember specifically what was said but this is roughly how it went down. Me: Hi, how are you? Lady: Can you help me? Me: Sure, what can i do for you? Lady: Guy said car is junk, and will give me $2,000 for it and idk what to do...

3.

Text - So I take a gander outside and see her car. It was a 5 or 6 year old VW Jetta. Not new by any means but looks worth more that 2k. Me: Whats wrong with it? Lady: Its running rough, and the door squeaks. So I take a look under the hood and the Mass Air Flow Sensor was unplugged. Plugged it back in and applied some WD40 to the hinges. Start it back up and it runs perfect.

4.

Text - I went back inside and told her I fixed it but I wanted to blue book her car for her so she knew what it was worth. Car came up and as being worth about $7,500. I told her that guy was trying to rip you off and not to trust him. She told me that a guy she brought it to told her that the engine was junk and was only going to get worse, and that her door was about to fall off! Whoever this was clearly saw she knew nothing about her car and would be easy to manipulate, and tried to flip her

5.

Text - Psjthekid 1.0k points · 3 days ago Nice wholesome retail story. Though I'm now wondering if the guy she brought it to before unplugged that sensor to make it run rough to 'justify' the crap price he quoted her. Mr_Redstoner 353 points · 3 days ago My thoughts as well, it seems just a tad too suspicious, plus I doubt someone who knows nothing about cars would mess around with their engine, and AFAIK plugs used in cars don't tend to disconnect themselves very often as they have some kind of

6.

Text - MsBobbyJenkins 72 points · 3 days ago Thank you for this! You might not have charged her a dime but i guarantee she told all her friends about this great experience and hopefully garnered you a lot more business. Also heart warming to see people being kind to eachother FatalScroll 21 points · 3 days ago I never did see her again. I left a few months later to get a better paying job. Its just one of those stories that will stick with me!

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment