Saturday, June 13, 2020

Landlord Won't Pay For Electricity During Winter, Has To Pay Thousands


Landlord should've just done the right thing, but here we are. After the landlord skipped out on paying for electricity during the winter, the cretin had to pay thousands and lost their job. We love a good landlord revenge story here. Check out the time that a landlord refused to give a tenant their deposit, so a court revenge ensued.

1.

Text - r/NuclearRevenge u/TheAsianSquad • 1y + Join 1 S 1 Take away our heat and electricity during the winter? Enjoy losing your job and paying thousands. (Repost) NOTE:This post is owned by u/lillesdaddy TL;DR at bottom I regretfully got an apartment with what is in my opinion the worst landlord ever. This man, I will call entitled dick or ED, has the audacity to call himself a good person in court. Let me fill you in. I got an apartment shortly after being released from prison. Happy that som

2.

Text - All was well for the first few months, then winter hit and the heat went out. It took three days to get ED to even answer his phone. By that time his voicemail was full of complaints from his freezing cold tenants. He told me the law gave him reasonable time to fix it. We went two more weeks with no heat using our stoves and camping in the kitchen in our respective apartments. When ED got his electricity bill he attempted to raise the rent on the apartments. Obviously he was not allowed b

3.

Text - his apartments. This was easier due to the fact I was either friends with his tenants or had gone there to repair damages caused by frozen pipes and electrical outlets failing due to shoddy wiring and so forth. ED had pissed off all of his tenants. Every last one was pissed to the point where they wanted to testify against him in court but couldn't due to the financial hardships the living conditions we were in had been causing. I formulated a plan to get him to repair the buildings he ow

4.

Text - But ED had his own plan. January 2nd at two AM I was awoken by the smoke detectors in the whole building going off. I quickly ran to the back hall because no smoke was in my apartment yet but I was on the top floor. I opened the door and was greeted by a thick wall of smoke. I quickly ran downstairs after shouting for my GF at the time to get out of the house quick. I pounded on every door and screamed fire. I got as many people as possible to evacuate but the floor with the fire no one w

5.

Text - Two weeks later the results were released. ARSON! The tenant had used hairspray to start the fire and hid the evidence in a hole she punched into the wall. The very person who had been given money by the landlord. Ironically she was the only tenant who had paid rent in the whole building because she had started moving in two days prior. I had not known she was now a tenant and her sister and kids had moved out the day before. I looked at ED and told him "I know what he had done" and I was

6.

Text - I then began asking his tenants for their stories about their interaction with ED. This is where things got real! He had been accused of everything from ripping off employees, theft, grand theft auto, bank fraud, and so much more. I formulated a new plan. I sucked up to him and made it known I am a computer tech. ED had a few broken computers and some printer and network issues. I was in. We worked a deal on payment for back rent. I knew he was not good for his word but it was all part of

7.

Text - I contacted code enforcement with all of the violations of code for every building including the illegal electrical installation in his new office without permits or even an electrician. He was immediately investigated. That night I found a seven day notice to quit on my door. My roommate was worried but I filled him in on the plan. Remember I studied all those laws and rights? Well, we get to court and I open with your honor I have proof of a clear violation of the warranty of habitbalit

8.

Text - The next month I was given another eviction notice. Still he is losing money due to the fact I was teaching his tenants landlord tenant rights and the laws associated with it. ED kept losing his court dates and kept being told to fix stuff and was continuously fined by the courts and the code enforcement. He was sinking fast. Back to that fire, the woman living there was arrested

9.

Text - for arson and charged with two counts due to the "accidental" electrical fire on New years day turned out to be ruled intentional. So the hairspray was in reality attempt two. He was under investigation for conspiracy to arson and other charges. I wasn't done yet. We went to court again for my non payment of rent. I won again based on the landlord retaliation act because I had contacted code enforcement and can prove this blatant retaliation and the judge didn't even listen to ED.

10.

Text - Needless to say spending the winter without heat took a toll on us tenants. We bought electric heaters and informed the power company that the landlord had shut off all the power to all his building and was requiring the tenants to pay for their own power. Well apparently his illegal wiring caught up to him. He had wired apartments to run off each other and the common areas were now attached to wiring in every apartment. This put ED in a rough position as local law says it's the landlords

11.

Text - ED was panicking. He kept losing in court, people were legally withholding rent, he couldn't shut off services, and the fines were debilitating. He kept blaming his tenants and refused to repair things. One by one the buildings were condemned and ED was required to pay for relocation of his tenants by law. Well he didn't. He couldn't! He was arrested for attempting to sell three buildings the city confiscated from him and for selling one that was condemned. ED got what he deserved. He

12.

Text - lost every building he owned, got charged with all kinds of fraud and was investigated for other crimes I am still unaware of. But I wasn't done. He caused a lot of suffering. I gave his financial records to the IRS with all the internal memos and everything I got from his computers. Also I provided the local authorities and code enforcement with the same things. ED was so screwed.

13.

Text - I have since gotten a new apartment and everything he owned has been taken by the city, state, and IRS. I have not seen ED in three years and all of his properties have been bought by someone new, repaired, and have all new tenants who are happy with their new landlords. The old tenants got better places with decent landlords. And what about our wonderful entitled dick? He is serving multiple sentences for the crimes he has committed and is already not getting out anytime soon yet the inv

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment