Wednesday, June 3, 2020

TV/Movie Phrases People Never Say In Real Life


"There's no time to explain, follow me!" Yes, there is definitely time to explain. The amount of times we see this particular TV/movie scenario involving a rushed individual telling someone to follow them into situations of obvious peril, without offering an explanation, is absolutely absurd. It's like, take a second, and provide a little context, my dude. Oh well, it clearly contributes toward that stressful pacing, and keeps viewers on the edge of their seats. 

This fun AskReddit thread features a whole lot more of those moments from TV/movies that just don't hold up in real life as we know it. It'd be quite the strange world if we saw more of these phrases being used. Like going to a bar, and just ordering a "beer." 

For more fun movie content, check out these plot holes that people just couldn't look past.

1.

Text - TisBeTheFuk • 4d There's no time to explain, just follow me Reply 11.7k iamasecretthrowaway • 4d 2 Awards I can't even get a family member to come help me with something in another room without first needing to write a dissertation about what l'm trying to do and then defend my thesis against a barrage of alternative just-me solutions that I've already tried. 11.9k ...

2.

Text - minicrockpot • 4d "I have an idea. Just follow my lead." What?? I can't follow your lead if I don't know what the plan is!

3.

Text - flyingsaucerinvasion • 4d What kills me is when (especially on crime shows), the whole cast goes in a cricle explaining a situation one sentence at a time. The question, if they all know the plan well enough to jump in and say their line without missing a beat, why do they even need to say it out loud?

4.

Text - eloise_no_u • 4d "You and I both know that [insert backstory here]" %3D Reply 2.0k ...

5.

Text - prettyboy-gizmo • 4d "we have to go back!" (finally escaping an extremely psycho and cursed building or house) Reply 2.5k ...

6.

White - usualfixer • 4d "Follow that cab!" Reply 946 ...

7.

White - p4uso • 4d Hackers saying "I'm in" Reply 1.1k ...

8.

Text - bluebirdgm • 4d "Hey, (name)..." "What?" "...Thanks." Reply 5.5k ... +3

9.

White - Its Luigi_Bitch • 4d answers phone "Talk to me." Reply 5.0k ...

10.

Text - AdmiralAkbar1 • 4d "Wait, let me explain!" followed by whoever they're talking to refusing to let them explain the comical misunderstanding they got into. It then takes an hour to resolve what would otherwise take a minute of conversation. Reply 3.2k ...

11.

Text - virydian_ • 4d "How do I know I can trust you?" "You don't." Reply 2.3k ...

12.

White - ZebiKun • 4d "Hey, he is finally waking up" Reply 1.7k ...

13.

Text - NoBluekoolAid · 4d "This is highly irregular, but l'll allow it." I've never heard that in real court. Reply 5.6k ...

14.

Text - DoneFlawlesslll • 4d At a bar ordering, "I'll have a beer." Or in a gas station, let me have some smokes/ cigarettes" They never ask for a specific brand Edit: I see a lot of replies with people saying, "I'l have a beer" and the bartender just brings back what's on tap. So, there's bars that only have one beer on tap? Maybe it's just because l'm from Wisconsin, but l've never seen that. I've been to plenty of hole in the wall places and the least l've seen at a place is 4. Here, you'll al

15.

Text - madeleineruth19 • 4d I've noticed this particularly on medical shows like Grey's Anatomy. Doctor: walking away Patient's relative: "she was making pancakes!1!" Doctor: "what?" Patient's relative: "when she collapsed...she was making pancakes. She made pancakes every morning for me. I never truly appreciated them. They were just pancakes. We had them every morning. Please save her. I need to eat her pancakes again." Reply 214 ...

16.

Text - Agamemnon_the_great • 4d Enhance! Reply 1.7k ... Ninica04 • 4d That secret extra pack of pixels just waiting for you to say the word. 775 ... DoubleDenial • 4d Someone make an image format that gets higher quality when you shout "enhance" 340 ...

17.

Text - RobNobody • 4d *character says something mildly technical* "In English, please?" Reply 2.7k ...

18.

Text - dailydonuts16 • 4d Anytime the villain gets the upper hand over a good guy and starts explaining his/her entire evil plan. "Haha fool, nobody will be able stop me" Reply 945 ...

19.

Text - tinkrman • 4d "You just don't get it, do you?" I'm sick of hearing that in so many movies and shows... Reply 1.3k ...

20.

Text - free_as_in_speech • 4d "This isn't some movie, this is real life!" Reply 959 ...

21.

Text - StarfishBlubBlub • 4d I don't know if this entirely is a phrase, but kind of a situation with a phrase always said. When someone is talking or confessing something like their feelings and then gets interrupted by the person they're talking to or by friends and then once they are about to leave the person goes "oh wait, what were you going to say?" And the other person goes "oh, nothing. Don't worry about it nervous laugh" AND THE PERSON JUST LETS IT GO. I would be pestering the shit out o

22.

Text - RZainea23 • 4d You're gonna want to see this. Reply 300 ...

23.

Text - DenL4242 • 4d Jim is about to leave the room after a heartfelt talk... "Hey, Jim." "Yeah?" "Thanks."

24.

Text - raistliniltsiar •4d Person 1: "Hey!" Person 2: Turns back dramatically Person 1: pregnant pause Person 1: You be careful out there. Person 2: silently nods and walks away

25.

Text - sydneyschmidty • 4d cab drivers: "where to?" character: "take me home" Reply 268 ...

26.

Text - Legendary_Frog • 4d "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." I mean who says stuff like that? Reply 139 ...

27.

Text - Fun_Meet • 4d It's quiet, too quiet. Like seriously, who tf says that in real life? This is reality, not an anime

28.

Text - WeedWooloo • 4d Still waiting for the day time freezes around me and I hear a booming voice; "Yeah. That's me. You're probably wondering how I got here... see, it all started...."

29.

Text - citrineyoda • 4d Girls when they find out they're pregnant whispering "I'm...late".

30.

White - dickem52 • 4d Thats so fetch.

31.

White - thundersdaddy2017 • 4d You had me at hello

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment