Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Dude Makes Absurd Fake Mail to Mess with Mail Stealing Ex


Sometimes two people weren't meant to be together, hence these stupid reasons people wanted a divorce. Depending on the person, the fallout of a relationship can have some unintended consequences. Sometimes people do wild stuff to spite their ex. These moments are stressful for everyone involved, but they make really interesting stories.

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge · Posted by u/burning_spear_rtp 2 days ago a You want to steal my mail? I'll give you some mail to steal. This happened a few years back. I was going through a nasty divorce -- custody fights, crazy legal bills, having my reputation drug through the mud, etc. I'll spare you the usual details, but my wife was really into making my life hell for no reason other than not putting up with her abuse any more.

2.

Cheezburger Image 9494662656

3.

Text - I was angry and bored one night, and decided I'd REALLY give her something to really think about. I looked up the address of a law firm in my home town, and an off-shore bank in the Bahamas. I cooked up a nice letterhead in Word, and wrote myself a letter confirming that a six-figure sum had been forwarded from my parent's estate to an off-shore bank, giving details. The next time I was in that town, I dropped it in the local post box. The letter disappeared, of course, and I kind of forg

4.

Text - About a year later, when I was in court dealing with some other ridiculous bullshit, her lawyer demands that the "marital property" be re- divided, as I had fraudulently covered up some major assets. I was floored that she'd gone to all this trouble -- I figured she'd eventually catch on, but that it would majorly mess with her head, and she would start doubting what of her spying was accurate, and where I was gaslighting her. But nooooo....she spends a ton of money on a lawyer to pursue

5.

Text - the letter, such as that the bank account number was my Mother's birthday, and that I'd mentioned a law firm named "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe" (say it a couple times) in the letter, they went ballistic, and demanded the judge prosecute me for "impersonating a lawyer" (FYI: Not actually a crime) and "forgery" (on a nonsense letter I'd mailed to MYSELF?). I pointed out that while neither of those accusations would work, they in fact had submitted evidence of a crime, namely theft of US Mail

Submitted by:

Tagged: wtf , letter , lol , ex wife , divorce , story , joke , theft , mail , trick

No comments:

Post a Comment