Sunday, June 28, 2020

Son Discovers Mom Lied About Allergies to Keep Him on Strict Diet


Modern life gives us a huge amount of liberty over our diets, and some diets are definitely more healthy than others. Often parents are trying to keep their kids safe and healthy as best they can, but it seems like lying to your kid about a life-threatening allergy isn't the right way to go about it. It's kinda reminiscent of these vegans who were called fake because they feed their cat meat. Sometimes the exact opposite of this happens, like when this Tumblr user realized they actually had allergies.

1.

Text - Posted by u/TroubleInGluten 3 days ago AITA for going no-contact with my parents after learning they had lied to me about my allergies all my life? Not the A-hole Hey everyone. I am 19 years old and my parents are in their 50s. For as long as I can remember, I have been allergic to several things: Dairy • Wheat/Flour/Gluten Legumes

2.

Text - Since I was a young child, my parents have completely kept all of them out of our house. While other kids ate breakfast cereals, I ate fish and assorted pickled vegetables for breakfast. While other kids had Lunchables, I had grilled chicken or fish with, again, assorted vegetables (usually sweet potatoes). While other kids ate birthday cake at the birthday party, I had an apple. I never questioned this until a couple of months ago. I was at my aunt's house for my birthday party, and she

3.

Text - I noticed my mother had calmed her down, and then she said that we don't have to worry because she had switched the plates of brownies, and after all I had eaten the ones made with almond flour. I found this incredibly odd because, really, why would she swap the plates? That doesn't even make sense. But for the time being I let the issue rest. It didn't sit well with me for about a week and I finally went to get an allergy test. The doctor started with a skin prick test, and lo and behold

4.

Text - I was furious and called my mother. She eventually admitted that she lied to me because she wanted me to be on a paleolithic diet, and wanted me to be able to avoid all temptations. She raised me with a lie about her own health, but she keeps insisting that I try to see it from her perspective. She spams my phone with messages about how healthy I am--that I never had acne, that I have been in great shape my whole life, that I have strong teeth and bones, and even that I got onto a D1 coll

5.

Text - weewooooo0oo0 Pooperintendant [64] 24.7k points · 3 days ago NTA- You spent your entire life thinking that you could easily die because your mom wanted you on a special diet??? Allergies are incredibly serious and while you can grow out of them, to be lied to is unnecessary. What your mom did was manipulative and poor parenting. She easily could have had you on a diet like that without lying and making you fear for your life.

6.

Text - soullessginger93 9.5k points · 3 days ago - edited 3 days ago O NTA. Also, tell your aunt about your mom's lie. She should know that your mom made her put in extra effort for who knows how many times, and caused her to go into a panic about you potentially having an allergic reaction, when in reality your mom had lied about your allergies. I feel bad your aunt went through that. What your mom did was so terrible. She needs to face the consequences for her actions. Cut contact until she un

7.

Text - RollingKatamari Pooperintendant [55] 2.7k points · 3 days ago NTA-please try out cheese, you won't regret TroubleInGluten 2 3.3k points · 3 days ago Cheese is absolutely incredible. I did get the squirts after eating it for the first time, but I don't think you're supposed to eat a whole block.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment