Sunday, June 28, 2020

Roommate Stops Paying For Utilities, Petty Revenge Ensues


All kinds of unnecessary drama can arise between roommates, and so much of the drama is sourced in people refusing to practice common social decency. In this case, we have a cheap roommate who thinks they can stop paying for utilities with no consequences. Well, that's not how the world works, and they learn this lesson in the field of common sense through a nice petty revenge. 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge Join u/sonja_says • 1d My roommate stopped paying me utilities so... I got told to come here from a different sub, so here I am! My roommate stopped paying for rent and utilities so... This happened back in my college days... I moved in with a friend from university. She was nice enough but she definitely had financial issues which I didn't know about before moving in together.

2.

Text - Our apartment complex had us sign separate lease agreements because I guess they had too many situations with one person not paying, which made sense. So I was never liable for her part of the rent. But the utilities had to go in someone's name, and I was the chosen one. Think electricity, cable, internet. Things got a bit rough for her and she was "having trouble" paying me for half of the utilities... Which I was okay with and just covered it. Until one day, I hear her talking to some f

3.

Text - Then comes the TV. Parental supervision is great. I knew all the shows she liked to watch and blacklisted them. I barely watched TV anyway so I didn't care. At some point l'm talking to the apartment people and I find out she isn't paying rent either. Again, wtf. Not cool. Even though it's not my problem, I make it my problem. We had subpanels for electricity in each apartment. So I screw with her by randomly turning breakers on and off. She couldn't understand why her hair dryer would wo

4.

Text - I never saw a cent from her, but man it was worth it. ETA from other comments on the other sub: yes I did talk to her prior to being controlling. she continually could not pay me but would come home with high end clothes or bags, expensive food, makeup. 6.3k , 135 1 Share

5.

Text - ryverwytch22 • 19h I got my parents to allow a friend to move into their condo that I was renting. She promised to get a job within the first week. A month goes by, no job. She wanted me to drive her all over the city to meet guys that she had been talking to on Craigslist. I told her she needed to get a job and she didn't want to work as a CNA like she was trained to be. I was working in a hospital and making decent money so she wanted me to buy her food and alcohol. I told her to get a

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment