Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Server Defeats Karen With Theatrical Kindness


What a beautiful take on getting back at a testy customer. For whatever reason (ignorance), some customers think it's alright to turn up at establishments and stink up the atmosphere with toxicity, entitlement, and aggressive rudeness. In this scenario, Karen meets her match in a server who decided to approach Karen's unpleasant cloud of negativity with excellent customer service, and theatrical apologies to the point that Karen actually seemed to wake up. 

Check out another time that Karen lost, with this tech support employee who called Karen's bluff.

1.

Text - r/TalesFromYourServer + Join u/bad_thrower • 1y 2 3 2 Shamed a mean, shitty customer - best day of my life. Long I am no longer a server, but was one all through college... I worked at a franchise of a chain of 24-hour restaurants that is notorious for cheap breakfasts and shitty service. Big yellow sign with red letters.

2.

Text - Like all of you, I took great pride in my job and how I treated my customers. In all honesty, if I could find a server job that offered good insurance and steady tips, I would consider going back to it. I really, truly loved waiting tables and making people's lives a little more pleasant, at least while they were in my section. It sounds cheesy, but it's true. I had several 'regulars" that always sat in my section, but there were other servers that had their regulars as well. One of them

3.

Text - and his horrible, nasty wife. She was the kind of woman who got off on being a bitch and making other people's lives miserable. One particular day, I had to cover some tables in a different server's section because a server called in sick. I was warned about this couple when they came in, but had never waited on them before so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect. I was told that she had a habit of complaining endlessly about everything, demanding to speak to the manager every time they c

4.

Text - As soon as they were seated, before I could even get their drink orders, the husband got up from the booth and walked outside for a few minutes, leaving me alone with the wife. I put on my best smiley, cheerful face and greeted her. She refused to make eye contact with me and instead scowled and snarled, "You would think that, as much money as we spend here, you people would know what we like to drink! Why do we have to keep going through this? I want ICED TEA, NO LEMON!!". She didn't tel

5.

Text - I poured her an iced tea - NO LEMON!! - and brought it back to her. Before I could even set it down, she snapped, "I already know what I want to eat, and we're in a HURRY." (bear in mind that the husband is still outside). I took her order, still trying to be pleasant, and before I could walk away she snarled "and the last time you people brought the food out, it was COLD!! I do NOT want cold food! And I want EXTRA CHEESE on my scrambled eggs!! and SALSA!!". Her voice seemed to drip with

6.

Text - As I was ringing up the order, thought of a thousand things I wanted to do, then I hit up on an idea... instead of getting back at her, I was going to not only go out of my way to make her meal as perfect and delicious as possible, but I was going to embarrass her as well. I made sure everything was perfect... piping hot, lots and lots of cheese on the eggs, fresh salsa warmed up to room temperature. By the time the meal was ready, the husband had returned to the table and was happily cha

7.

Text - how badly she was treated the last time she was here, and how hard I worked to make sure the food was absolutely 100% according to her specifications, and that I felt SO BAD for how she was treated the last time she was here, that I was going to pay for her meal out of my tips and how I hoped that she would be willing to accept my apology on behalf of the whole restaurant for her miserable experience. I really laid it on as thickly and sweetly as I could. Her husband, who was happy and sm

8.

Text - just seconds ago, stared her down with a sick, horrid look, his face turning bright red. She was MORTIFIED, her face turning equally red... she hung her head and said, "ummm.... okay..". I asked her if everything was to her satisfaction this time, and if it wasn't, I would rectify it immediately. She stared at her plate, pushed it around a bit, and said, "ummmm... yeah..". The husband is staring her down, clenching his jaw. He politely ordered his meal and as I was walking away, I heard h

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment