Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Most Wholesome Things People Have Seen


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the most impressively wholesome things that people have witnessed. These might temporarily restore your faith in humanity. At the very least, it's enough shining moments of humans being genuinely awesome that the good feels flow. 

1.

Text - fenpark15 • 319d My mom is a piano teacher and was shopping in a music store. A ~10 y/o kid came in wanting to buy his first musical instrument, particularly a ukulele so the clerk showed him some where the entry level was about $65. He ran back outside to his mom waiting in the car, then came back in and asked "What is the cheapest musical instrument you have?" and the clerk started showing him a $3 kazoo. Overhearing this made my mom sad, so she went over and asked the kid if he really

2.

Text - wreck_it_rita • 319d When my youngest brother was about 8 or 9 (he's 12 now), he came home with a "student of the month" paper in his folder. He heard that the school custodian recently had come back from having back surgery, so after lunch he gathered a few of his buddies and they swept the cafeteria to give the custodian a break. He was so humble about it too, he didn't care that he got noticed. I just remember being so proud and crying a bit because although I knew he is a good nugget,

3.

Text - flowercrownrugged • 319d 3 1 Award I forgot a plate for the waffle I was making in the machine at college and I went sprinting across the dining commons to get one because the timer was about to go off and I ran straight toward the plates and this guy was standing there and his immediate gut reaction was to open his arms and hug me. I have no idea who he was and the waffle didn't burn. EDIT: we hugged. It was glorious. 4.3k ...

4.

Text - fms10 • 319d There's a couple who look like they have to be in their eighties I see almost every Saturday morning when I go to the mall to run my errands. They walk around together holding hands. 5.4k ...

5.

Text - krncrds • 319d S 2 Awards A few years ago, I was on my way to catch the bus when a middle-aged woman called me from behind a newspaper stand. She pointed to the bus stop, one block down, where a guy was standing holding something. She said he was her son, who just got out of jail after serving time for dealing drugs, and today was his first day trying to make an honest life. He had baked some traditional pastries himself and was trying to sell it on the bus stop, and she wanted to make su

6.

Text - gayer_3 • 319d 1 Award In Austin, Texas, my family and I went to a breakfast place. The food was good, the waiters and waitresses were amazing. But they messed up our order. They were short on staff, apparently. Someone had either quit or got fired, and another person had called out that day, so it was only a few people. And it also happened to be one of the busiest times of the week. So, my mother went to go to the bathroom, and when she came out, she noticed our waitress standing at the

7.

Text - fabutzio • 319d A1 Award At a concert I saw a buddy walking with his friend who was blind and also somewhat physically disabled. I overheard him telling his blind friend "oh man I was so smashed last night! I couldn't walk or see nothin. Thank god for you and your cane. You were steering us everywhere like a champ I would have been helpless without you!". It was really so heart warming and you could see how much it meant to his friend to be told how he was the helper, not the person being

8.

Text - Sunnyhunnibun • 319d 3 1 Award When I was a preschool teacher, we had one kid who was our certified cheer upper. If someone was crying, she'd get a tissue, walk over, carefully blot their eyes and make them blow their nose. All while saying, 'It's okay, You're okay'. Eventually they'd stop crying, she'd take their hand and they'd go play. She was a lil angel

9.

Text - Goyteamsix • 319d I was sitting in a bar having a beer after work when this guy comes in and orders some shots. After the first couple, he starts low key crying. A semi-regular old man sitting near him asked what was up, turns out his girlfriend split up with him and he wasn't taking it well. Old man asks to join him for a drink, new guy agrees. This old man, named Keith, always drank two beers, paid, and left. Anyways, they sat there and got absolutely shithammered drunk. They tried ever

10.

Text - shelrayray • 319d 1 Award One of the kids in my class was talking to one of our new kids. It came up in conversation that the new kids shoes didn't fit and made his feet hurt. The boys also realized that they wear the same size shoes. The next day the OG kiddo comes in with a pair of Jordans he never wears for the new kid to have and a note from his mom saying it was ok. It was one of the most precious things I've ever seen.

11.

Text - CHOWSK1 • 319d 3 1 Award A friend and I were talking and she said "shit" in front of the kid of another friend. I dismissed it by saying "Eh, she probably knows worse" We asked what was the worse word she knows. She very carefully looked around just in case her parents were around and whispered "selfish" 15.7k ...

12.

Text - tanis_ivy • 319d I gifted a used electric wheelchair to a family who couldn't afford one. The kid, maybe 14 years old, was kinda grumpy looking when he arrived, didn't say much. Once we got him in the chair and he was zooming around he was all smiles; his mother was also super happy. I heard the next day he told his sister to clear off the driveway so he could practice with it, and by the weekend he had gone to a fair. Edit: bit more background. I had a nurse doing some care at the time.

13.

Text - strokfrd • 319d S 2 Awards my oldest son, he was just getting to where he could sit up well and bend over sit back up all on his own. my wife was in the shower, i had him on the bed. i noticed he started pulling at a pillow so i pulled it over in front of him. he laid face down on it for a second. i thought "wow, he must be tired" and just before i grabbed him he sat back up and smiled the biggest gummy grin ever, then he did it again. and again! then it suddenly hit me, he's playing peek

14.

Text - S 1 Award When I was, like, 11, Dad was driving us to a gathering at my grandma's. There was a woman pulled over on the side of the road. Dad asked if they needed help. She said she'd run out of gas. Dad told her he would get some. So we go into a gas station. Dad explains the situation to the cashier and is prepared to buy a can of gas. There's this other customer that looks like a biker - big dude with tattoos and piercings - who tells Dad he has gas at his house and tells us to get in

15.

Text - earlson • 319d I always get the shivers when I see a very dedicated parent. A few months ago I was on the train on my way to work, when a mother entered with her approx. 10 year old daughter, who was in a wheelchair. The girl would do nothing but talk, ask questions and narrate everything she did, leaving almost no chance for anyone (her mother) to participate in the conversation. I felt bad for the child, because it seemed as it was impossible for her to keep a thought to herself, yet wh

16.

Text - xKratic • 319d I was at a movie theater with my family. We were in line at the concessions stand. I was about 15 at the time. Across the lobby, I see an elderly couple sitting on a bench together waiting for whatever they're waiting for. The man is a stout fellow with a large white beard. Imagine Santa Claus. His wife, also has white hair and is wearing nice clothes. Imagine Mrs. Claus. In walks a family. A mother, a father, and 2 children. A son and a daughter. Both of these children are

17.

Text - Moikepdx • 319d 3 1 Award A little boy at the airport kept trying to climb over a concrete divider that had active traffic on the other side. His mom was loaded with luggage and kept trying to stop him, but didn't have free hands. My brother in law walked up and said "Hey kid. There's a rule here. You have to keep one foot on the ground at all times. Look around. Everyone has at least one foot on the ground." The kid kept trying to climb, but with one foot firmly glued to the ground he wa

18.

Text - Toymeister • 319d I'm a record producer. On a particular song the client wanted a child's voice to open it, so the bassist's 10 year-old son came and recorded a vocal part. Once we wrapped, the singer said to the kid: "Musicians get paid." And he handed the kid a £20 note. The bassist then did the same. A small gesture maybe, but in our world making a living is hard and it was amazing to see professionals showing how it ought to be. 3.7k ...

19.

Text - snake_boy • 319d My dad and I were at a stoplight a few blocks away from a grocery store and a homeless man was sitting on the curb. I would've given him some money, but the road was pretty busy. I watched a guy with two huge bags of groceries walk up the street and give them to the homeless man :) It was such a kind gesture I almost cried right there in the car 4.2k ...

20.

Text - chiweenie99 • 319d A father leaving a restaurant with his two daughters. They walked out the door and the girls headed right while he headed left. He called them back by saying, 'Car is over here, butterflies!' Just before they get into the car one girl complained how bright the sun was and he said, without missing a beat, "Just like your futures!" 1.0k ...

21.

Text - WallyPlumstead • 319d 2 Awards I was in the local supermarket doing my shopping. I was pushing my cart in the frozen food section when i came across a young woman in her 20s, l'm estimating. Her little girl (i think around 2 years old) was sitting in the cart she was pushing. She was beautifully cooing to her little girl, "i love you. I love you", among other sweet things and sounds. Now, i never "met" this young lady. I never talked to her. Just watched her treat her daughter very sweetl

22.

Text - 1107rwf • 319d There was an older couple climbing around on this rocky beach in Hawaii. The wife starts wobbling like she's going to fall, and without even looking the husband just reaches out his hand for her to hold and steady herself. 425 ...

23.

Text - RoevishF • 320d One time I saw my elderly neighbor bring out a saucer of milk for a stray kitten! My dog was barking at it when she noticed it, so she went inside and came back with a little dish to lead it away from the sidewalk. It was all very cute and heartwarming! 1.5k ...

24.

Text - -EDGAR- • 319d This is more heard than seen, but I was spending the night at my mom's house for Christmas. Her birthday is on the 25th and we usually go to a movie for it, so it was just easier for me to spend the night so we could go out the next day. Anyway, it's about 2am and l'm outside having a cigarette, when suddenly I hear one of the neighbors yelling, "What are you doing outside? Get your ass back in." Immediately after I hear a kid yell in protest, followed by, "Dad, I just want

25.

Text - jakecraft1356• 319d So my mom is like a walking charity that can essentially do no harm. She has her flaws, but she does her best. Any-who, This is a story on how she shares things. Just this week, we were at the supermarket and she saw we had forgotten our plastic reusable bags, so I went to get them. When I came back and gave them to her, she took out two of the more expensive ones and gave them to this lady that was with her kid, and tbh, how she did it was so nice. She saw she didn't

26.

Text - Yeahlprobablydidit • 320d 3 2 Awards When I first had foster children placed with me after bedtime my pitbull would go into each room and check on the kids and then sleep in the hallway. If any woke crying in the night she would crawl into bed with them. 6.1k ...

27.

Text - DeviantPabu • 319d This happened a few years ago, while I was still working retail at Christmas. There was a mom who came into my store with her little boy and they were picking out a bunch of sci-fi books, comic books and things for the 13-17 age group. Apparently there had been a presentation at the little boys school, and he had heard about all the kids in the homeless shelter and how they wouldnt be getting anything for Christmas. His mom told me he came home from school that day and

28.

Text - luu_isa • 319d I've seen many, but l'll just let y'all know the most recent one. I'm a bartender at a busy airport, and we only accept credit/ debit cards for payment. Anyway, this lady and her kid (maybe 7/8yo) were asking if I could take apple payment or whatnot. She had lost her card and could only get it replaced when back home... I told them unfortunately I couldn't. I felt so bad for them, their flight was delayed and the boy was getting upset from being hungry... Anyway, l'd more t

29.

Text - OakWoodArt • 319d I went to go get a build a Bear with my friends because we're literal children. We had picked our bears and we were waiting in line to get them stuffed when I look behind me and see a really old lady in a wheel chair holding a pink unicorn teddy. She had the biggest smile that made my heart melted, she saw me looking and gave me a huge grin and I gave her one back. Most. Wholesome. Thing. Ever. 1 93 ...

30.

Text - penguintummy • 319d I was at the supermarket, waiting in line at the checkout. The lady at the front was trying to pay and it was pretty clear her English wasn't great and that she wasn't familiar with the money either. She had another person with her who appeared to be a support worker of some kind, and her gorgeous little baby. Myself and the lady in front of me were making faces and entertaining the baby while the mum tried to pay. she didn't have enough money and went to put things ba

31.

Text - KevinMcAlisterAtHome • 319d One Christmas season I saw a young woman (late teens or early 20s) walking through an IKEA picking up things in the huge marketplace area, taking a picture of them, putting them back, and moving on. She was obviously thinking intently about gifts but I was confused- was she making a wish list or something? An employee saw this and asked if they could help her find something. She says "Oh, no thank you. I'm helping my Dad Christmas shop. He works really hard and

32.

Text - possumsplaydead • 319d 3 1 Award My sisters bfs band is just starting to get off the ground, their first "gig" was at my graduation party not too long ago, my dad paid each of them 50 when they thought they were doing it for free. Well, they recently did their first "gig gig" at this weird basement place. While they're waiting to start, doing last minute mic checks and tuning, one of the band members (bassist) is still chilling in the audience, because he can just walk up at any time real

33.

Text - Dominator0225 • 319d Wasn't me but my Grandfather who was in the military told me a story on how his friend in Vietnam made food, toys, and helped this community from the vietcong. Pushing the community down south more and more until he was shot twice in the chest and once in the head, my grandfather took his friends dog tags to give back to his family. After his family refused them back he kept them still has them to this day. 2.1k ...

34.

Text - MadreDeMonos • 319d My son has moderate cerebral palsy and autism. When he was about to start preschool at age 3, I lost sleep over whether he would be bullied or accepted by his peers. 3 years later, I'm getting choked up thinking about every time l've had to drop him off late. Each time in each year, his classmates stop whatever they're doing, yell his name, smile at him, and usually a few will run over to give him a hug. It's the most wholesome, beautiful thing a mom could ever see. It

35.

Text - Msrigby • 319d At O'Hare airport in the restroom, a food service employee on break saw an elderly woman having trouble putting eyedrops in her eyes. She asked if she could help; the elderly woman spoke a different language and even through the language barrier, I watched these strangers trust one another easily. It was so sweet watching the employee gently tip this woman's chin up and explain what she was doing even though the recipient could not understand the verbal language. The intera

36.

Text - PricyRex • 319d Not sure how well this fits the question but here we go. Before my dad left, he was an amazing person. We were renewing our Cedar Point platinum passes one night and when we renewed them, we got a few free day passes. Since we only go to Cedar Point a couple times a year (and we just got season passes), the next day, my dad went up to random people that were in the ridiculously long lines for passes and gave them the passes. Needless to say, those people were extremely hap

37.

Text - [deleted] • 319d I saw something on Instagram where this girl found her little sister putting Skittles with her anti-depressants and when she asked why the little sister said "Skittles make me happy so l'm putting them with the thing that makes you happy to make you EXTRA happy" (it might have been a fake story but it was cute) 45

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment