Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Dude Helps Move Couch, Caterpillar Nightmare Ensues


Man, nothing worse than a good deed being met with a seriously gnarly batch of bad luck. Yes, we're talking tons of caterpillars that managed to leave their poor victim with countless itchy marks. We'd guess that next time they go to move a couch they'll be double checking that situation. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/butneverdestroyed • 1d TIFU by helping move a couch that had been sitting outdoors for a week. L Mandatory 'happened yesterday. My husband's family celebrates Father's Day by gathering at their camp and having a cookout and getting some chores out of the way that my FIL wants to get accomplished. No problem. Tlove the camp and I love chances to help my FIL.

2.

Text - The week before, my husband and I had helped to move a massive, heavy, awkwardly shaped couch out of the camp house. We'd been instructed to leave it on the lawn (we're in a drought, so no expectation of rain) and so there it had sat for the week. It still needed to be moved up a hill to a truck that would bring it to the dump. My FIL was worried it was too heavy for us and that we'd get hurt if we moved it alone. I suspect in particular he was worried I would get hurt because l'm a woman

3.

Text - So, Husband and I waited until people were busy with grill preparations and we lifted that absolute unit of a couch up and start trekking up the hill to the truck. It definitely was heavy, but nothing I didn't feel equipped to move. My only issue was that it was so weirdly shaped that I couldn't get a decent hold on it to balance the weight. I had to get creative with how to keep the stupid thing from toppling one way or another. My genius solution was to support the back of the thing wit

4.

Text - Perfecto. Peachy. Husband and I got down to fishing (I caught my first large mouth bass that was at least a pound!) Burgers were had. Good times abounded.... And then I started to itch. And not, like, a tickle; the kind of itch that makes you want to drag your body across sandpaper. The kind of itch that makes you forget how normal humans act. And I look down and realize my arms are covered with welts and bumps. T have very, very sensitive and reactive skin. I get hives from stress. If I

5.

Text - Guys, these fuckers are murder. They're these really fuzzy caterpillars. The hairs can come off and actually get to you just on the wind if you're standing in the wrong place. My sister in law pointed one out on a candle stand near where we were eating and she didn't even want to touch the candle stand for fear of getting the hairs on her. (I'd like to note that she was very kind about getting some rubbing alcohol and a cream to use on the welts, and helped apply it.) I woke up last night

6.

Text - Moral of the story: When FIL says 'wait for help', just put your ego down and wait, or you might end up looking like a Batman villain. TLDR: Today I fucked up by helping to move a cloth couch that had been sitting outside in an area with a ton of browntail caterpillars. Il am now covered with a bunch of itchy blotches. 60 3 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment