Thursday, June 11, 2020

Karen Demands to Speak to Fellow Customer's Manager


If you've ever worked retail or just exist, you've probably witnessed a frustrating entitled person going full Karen. The wild Karen's secret weapon is to demand to see a poor soul's manager, but this time, Karen's target was a fellow customer. Sometimes it doesn't work out for an overly aggressive Karen, like this tailgating Karen who got baited into a speed trap or this Karen who got humbled by a Canadian giant.

1.

Text - Posted by u/kroka4loka 14 hours ago The time one of them actually got to speak to the manager, and it was my manager. XXL This happened a couple of years ago, but I was reading an ask Reddit thread that jogged this memory to come up. Anyway, I think it was like 2016-ish and I was working as a receptionist in an office. My boss/owner of the business was actually a very good friend of mine that I had known for a really long time. Anyway, she would occasionally give her employees gift cards

2.

Text - I was in the fitting room trying on some stuff when I hear what sounds like a stern, angry bitch talking. When I come out, it is, in fact, a stern angry bitch talking. She is standing with - who I assume is her daughter - in front of a mirror that was in the hall of the dressing room areas, but not in the room itself. She's basically railing into this poor girl who can't be more than 13-14 about how if she lost weight, clothes might actually look good on her. This lady was actually pretty

3.

Text - The bitch thought the girl working the counter said it at first and started to go after her. I told her I said it because that girl didn't know me and didn't need to lose her job over me. I mean.. I'm sure you can guess what happens next: She wants to speak to my manager. I try to whole "I don't work here" thing but her rebuttal is that I obviously do, am obviously here on my day off, and should still be reprimanded for being rude about a customer to my little friend. Not that I wouldn't

4.

Text - "Yeah you can talk to my manager," I tell her, getting my phone out. "I just have to call her because she isn't here today." Entirely true - my manager was at home that day getting ready for a party I was later attending at her house. I call her, she answers, I say “Hey I have someone here at target demanding to speak to you." There is some quite obvious confusion on her end. All I hear is "ooookayyyy..?" before putting her on speaker phone (I'll be damned if a stranger is going to press

5.

Text - "Well if you ask for a random persons manager, don't be surprised that they don't work at target, you idiot." I lost it at this point, too. I apologized to the nice young lady working the rooms, put my phone to my ear so I could laugh it off with my friend/manager, and start to walk away. Of course, Bitchenstein is still yelling at me because I'm awful and I see what I assume is an actual manager coming over to the rooms. So I tell my manager I'll call her back and head back to see what l

6.

Text - Low and behold, she WAS trying to blame that girl and started yelling about that "bitch" (me this time) coming back and I should be punished too. Luckily, the manager saw me and immediately says "I have never seen her before in my life.. she doesn't work here." Angry lady says she can't deal with her lies anymore, grabs her poor, embarrassed beyond all reason daughter, and is walking away. The manager apologized to me and the employee, but it's not like I ever blamed him. He was super kin

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment