Thursday, May 7, 2020

Tumblr Thread: Joyous Barista Is Definition Of Chaotic Good


Yay, this fun little Tumblr thread involves a barista dude talking about his overwhelmingly positive antics, at the cafe. Sounds like some people get with that energetic flow, while others want nothing to do with the bubbly optimism. Either way, it sounds like this barista is completely at peace with where they are in the game of life, and thus decided to have fun with the moment as it is. Those drink nicknames are something else. 

1.

Text - kingoftheunderground I work at a coffee shop and have gotten all my co-workers to start calling lattes "hot milkybois" kingoftheunderground I also got everyone to refer to the salted caramel blended drink as "the big salty" and I consider it one of my greatest accomplishments

2.

Text - kingoftheunderground Oh yeah and any time someone orders a hazelnut latte with almond milk (which specifically is a weirdly popular drink) I say “one HOT NUT latte coming right up!" My coworkers have not latched on to this one like they did with the others for some reason. kingoftheunderground I forgot to mention I also pronounce "hot chocolate" like "hot cocklate"... because l'm awful.

3.

Text - cakesoup please give us updates kingoftheunderground Our largest drink size is affectionately referred to as "Texas Size" so sometimes when I hand it out in the drive-thru I like to say, "Here's that TEXAS SIZE [drink] for ya, YEEEEHAW!" And some people look at me as though I have just made their entire day while others look like they they could not possibly get away from me soon enough. Both reactions are equally satisfying.

4.

Text - kingoftheunderground I made this into a game except when I hand out the Texas- size drinks I say “Can I get a YEEHAW?" And the guests always look mortified but occasionally one of them will let out a terrified "yeehaw" and all my coworkers cheer and then we keep a running tally of how many yeehaws we each get on the back of a pastry bag. smallest-feeblest-boggart op will not die of natural causes that-bitch-hanzo That's the most interesting comment anyone has ever left on one of my posts

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment