Thursday, May 7, 2020

Karen Demands Spiciest Wings, Doesn't Get Refund


Anyone who has worked in retail or the service industry has had to deal with wildly entitled customers, like this Karen who lied to a restaurant owner's face. There are customers out there, who, out of some weird desire to bully people and get their way, will even demand a service that will potentially hurt them, like this Karen who demanded a "fresh" donut straight from the fryer oil.  When trying to understand how someone can be so ruthlessly rude to the people around them, it helps to get some insight from people who know Karens explaining what that's like.

1.

Text - O r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/AthanasiaStygian 4 days ago Blazin' sauce for Karen's brat, please? ос м Obligatory I'm on my phone and it makes my spelling and grammar suck sometimes. I really hope this belongs here. I used to work for a fairly well known chain of buffalo wing eateries. You know, the ones with the 27 huge screens and screaming fans of every sport? We had a family dining area and this particular Saturday night in walks Karen with her slew of kids and adults all want

2.

Text - If you know our store, you know our sauces. Blazin' was the spiciest sauce we had, so spicy that you needed gloves if you were going to have prolonged contact. I told the kid that those wings were very very hot, and maybe he'd like to try our sweet barbecue or even our hot sauce. The kid throws a fit. My manager is behind me and Karen is berating me for not giving her precious birthday boy what he wanted. My manager whispers for me to just give him what he wants, so I put in his order and

3.

Text - So I go tell him what's happened, and I do feel bad because I have a soft spot for kids (even the evil ones.) He comes out and tells Karen that he was present when I told her and the kid they were too hot, and he heard her insist that they be given to him. He pointed to the cameras and mentioned the microphones and informed her she would not be getting any money back, and the kid would not be getting a replacement. If he wanted a different flavor, she could buy it, or he could eat what he

4.

Text - Cfwydirk 2.0k points · 4 days ago My kind of manager and company. Let the customer know what they are ordering and giving an option. No? Ok our cameras and audio recording will protect us from you being stupid. Bravo!

5.

Text - worldsbestapril 801 points · 4 days ago Am I understanding correctly: she wanted her the meals of her entire group - 20 people - to be comped because her son didn't like the food he insisted upon? The entitlement is astounding. Catacombs3 605 points · 4 days ago I can't help wondering if it was purposeful. Karen encouraged child to order a meal he would not be able to eat in the hope that she could leverage his distress to get free meals for her whole party. Awful, but plausible explanati

6.

Text - UncleWinstomder 101 points ·4 days ago I have definitely been that kid. Went to a restaurant with some other cubs (type of scout before scouts) and our dads and I ordered the suicide wings. Fortunately my father is the furthest thing from a Karen so when he realised I was not enjoying them he offered to buy me something else. Unfortunately I had recently realised our family struggled to get by and I didn't want to further inconvenience my dad so I said they were fine and ate my disgusting

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment