Sunday, May 3, 2020

Business Refuses To Refund $40, Court Orders Them To Pay $230


What a fine example of a cheap business, making their lives more complicated by not just doing the right thing up front. After refusing to refund a buyer $40, they ended up being told by the court that they'd have to pay $230. In all fairness, that dog tag is kind of horrifying too. 

1. Look at that thing. It's no wonder they wanted the refund.

Electronics

2.

Text - r/ProRevenge JOIN u/samunseen• 339d 1 3 1 Business refused to refund $40. The courts order him to pay $230 Story time: Last September, my wife had planned a wonderful Father's Day present for me. (Father's Day is in September in Australia). This was to be my first ever Father's Day as a new dad. So to mark the occasion. My wife had arranged to have our daughters face laser etched onto a dog tag.

3.

Text - However, the day before Father's Day, she received the item back and it was, shall we say -Sub-Par– so she came to me and showed me my present early. Now I've had some experience with shitty retailers before and remembered to always come prepared when disputing the quality of any goods and services. So l set my phone to record all audio and approached the retailer. I explained that my wife was upset at the quality of the engraving and rightfully so. I requested a refund and was immediatel

4.

Text - My wife and I left, we straight away left a less than glowing review on their google page. This was met with accusations of us being unreasonable and threatening violence. Ours was not the only review to which they had this response. They informed us that the matter had been passed on to the local police and that a restraining order had been applied for. We immediately called all local police stations and were delighted to hear that they had never heard of the company in question. After s

5.

Text - A month or so passed and our day in the tribunal had arrived. We honestly weren't expecting the engraver to show up. But lo and behold. There he was. At a civil claims court. In camo pants and a hoodie. We met in a room with a mediator, who told us that it may not be worth chasing a 40 dollar refund from someone who is –in short- a dickhead. She warned that it may end up costing more than the service to begin with. But, as mentioned before, I am a stubborn bastard. We pushed forward, opti

6.

Text - "Oh, I'm not prepared to go to hearing today, I haven't got any of my evidence." DING DING DING! We went to a hearing that day, the registrar ruled in our favour and issued a notice of payment. The business was to pay us $40 within two weeks. Two weeks later.

7.

Text - No payment. No surprise. During this time, I had been communicating via email with the holder of the engraver's lease. Who, in response to my complaint among many others, had decided to terminate the lease, effectively kicking the engraver out of the mall. ( 7)e my man! While the engraver was organising a new venue for his business. I had filed a motion for a writ for levy of property. Meaning the local sheriff was able to enter his premises and relieve him of merchandise to the value of

8.

Text - Once the writ had been issued, the fee then increased to $225. All I had to do was wait. And wait I did. Until March 13 this year, when the sheriff finally attended his new business premises. He was offered an ultimatum. Pay the fee, or have merchandise repossessed. Ladies and gentlemen, we got him. The man paid. He was stubborn for 6+ months over a $40 refund. Only to be down $225 + $5 interest. bUt ThAtS nOt HoW tHe LaW wOrks Edit: tl;dr: Got refused $40 refund over poor laser engraving

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment