Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Guy Seasons Girlfriend's Cooking Without Permission


Backseat cooking can bring on dire consequences. Like the rage of one's significant other. It sounds like this dude got caught up in a moment of blind carelessness, and ended up seasoning his girlfriend's cooking without getting the green light first. People in the comments seem to agree that the girlfriend was not in the wrong for getting mad at the boyfriend's entitled seasoning move. 

1.

Text - r/AmltheAsshole + JOIN u/throwcovidaway • 8h AITA for getting mad at my boyfriend for seasoning my cooking without my consent? For my partner (30m) and I (24f) cooking is not a together-activity. Usually he's in charge of our meals and he's the type of person who doesn't ask for advice/ want your opinion on how he's cooking. His meals are tasty and generally fit my taste profile so l'm okay with staying out of it. I think our skill levels when it comes to cooking are quite similar.

2.

Text - Today we agreed l'd be in charge of lunch. l'm in the middle of cooking when he comes in to taste. I tell him don't yet because it's not fully seasoned. He goes in anyway, and tells me the food is bland. Well no wonder, since I just started throwing in spices!? So I tell him to just wait it out. Instead of doing so, without a word, he grabs a spice from the cupboard I wasn't even planning on using and proceeds to dump I good amount of it into my food. At this point I get so mad, I just le

3.

Text - daedalusleander • 8h • Partassipant [1] NTA that was just plain rude

4.

Text - WebbieVanderquack • 8h • Prime Ministurd [549] NTA. That's not cool. He should have waited until you were finished, and if he felt it was bland when it was served at the table, he could have added salt or Tabasco or whatever.

5.

Text - H335 • 8h • Certified Proctologist [21] NTA For some people, cooking can be a shared activity. For others, (like us and you it sounds like) cooking is a one- person in the kitchen activity. Even without that dynamic, coming in and seasoning another person's recipe tacky at best, disrespectful or demeaning at worst. It makes a statement that either the cook is incompetent or their food won't taste good 'without my help'. My wife and I are both excellent cooks, and I spent a lot of time coo

6.

Text - GalledGiatric • 8h NTA, he clearly didn't respect your abilities or the boundaries you set

7.

Text - toronto-throw-away • 8h NTA but it sounds like you guys might be going a little stir crazy from quarantine

8.

Text - Kcbaxter55 • 7h NTA my roommate used to do this to me all the time. She'd take the lid off my rice and stir it, add salt when I hadn't added taco seasoning yetn etc. Its RUDE! I finally had to tell her the next time she touched my food she wasnt gonna get any and could cook for herself.

9.

Text - sthetic • 6h • Partassipant [1] NTA. He did the easiest and flashiest part, and took credit for how delicious the meal was? How ridiculous. "This meal, which you spent 30 minutes making, only tastes delicious thanks to the 30 seconds I spent throwing paprika and garlic salt onto it! You're welcome!" It's crazy to interrupt someone's creative process when they're at Step 4 and helpfully suggest, "Why don't you do Step 5?"

10.

Text - pyromaniaclegend • 6h NTA. Trainee chef here. Even if one of my fully trained chefs came and did this l'd be furious with them. Your dish, your taste, your responsibility, your seasoning. For all he knows you've already added some and he's just buggered it.

11.

Text - Beautiful_Flower_Pot • 5h NTA - my older kids (M16 and F15) do this to my youngest (F11). Thave made a rule that they are not allowed in the kitchen when she is cooking, because she doesn't want their help. They still don't get why they are wrong. Your BF was totally out of line.

12.

Text - Schattentochter • 4h NTA. A few years ago I made a certain dish for dinner and my bf, without asking, added a spice. I took him to the side and said "Listen, when you cook your dishes, you do you. When I cook mine, I want to do it my way. I'm open to discussions and suggestions, but it's not okay to just go and do." He nodded, apologized and ever since we've had a lot of fun trying out spices together. The simple reason is that he respects me and I respect him - what your bf did, however,

13.

Text - jdd321 • 5h NTA. Bloody hell when he put the seasoning in I expected you to throw the damn dish away out of spite! That would enrage me. So disrespectful.

14.

Text - dovahshy13 · 8h • Asshole Enthusiast [9] NTA I do get him: when it comes to cooking I hate it when people meddle with my food. But I know I need to extend the same curtesy to other people when they are cooking. You didn't even asked for his opinion. He just barged in and assumed he knows best. I would be hurt as well in your position. Please don't let this slide- sit him down and tell him how he made you feel. See whether he tries to understand or if he dismisses it because he disagrees.

15.

Text - super-nova-scotian • 4h NAH. If this is your biggest problem you guys have it pretty good :)

16.

Text - TheLavenderAuthor • 7h • Certified Proctologist [22] NTA. That was plain rude. You do NOT mess with someone else's food unless they ask otherwise.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment