Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Worst Job Interviews People Ever Had


You can encounter some real wildcards on your search toward locking down your next great gig. Not all job interviews run smoothly. It'd sure be nice if they did, but some job interviews can end up being complete disasters. Maybe the person you find yourself sitting across from is tossing out all kinds of red flags about the workplace environment that you previously thought was promising. Or, maybe they decided to approach the job interview with inexcusably inappropriate behavior from the very start. Hopefully, none of these people's terrible job interview stories ring any bells for you. 

1.

Font - bibbiddybobbidyboo · 3h 2 Awards I had an interview where I knew the answers I gave were good, solid examples. I understood the technical side well. But the interviewer kept sneering, being rude and saying "really?" In a skeptical tone and I got the distinct impression he hated me. About 20 mins in, I thought about politely calling it a day and leaving but in my innocence thought it would be good practice to stay. 40 mins in, it's like a light switch goes off inside and he's the nicest gu

2.

Font - PomegranatePlanet · 3h 3 8 2 Awards Interviewer, putting candy bars on the table to open the interview: Have a candy bar. Do you want Hershey's or Snickers? Me: Neither, thanks. I: Go ahead, pick one. M: I don't want any candy now, thanks. I: Take one, Hershey's or Snickers. M: Okay, I'll take the Snickers. I: No, I want the Snickers. You take the Hershey's. M: No, thank you. Reply 1 8.7k 3 •..

3.

Font - BrutalNutritionist · 3h Realised it was a pyramid scheme half way through the interview. I was already working so didn't accept the job. Reply 1 3.2k 3 ...

4.

Font - iforgotmyfirstnameFU • 3h At an interview to be a county street sweeper, guy asks me if I have a girlfriend, proceeds to rant for 5 minutes how young people dont get married anymore. Then he asks me what I want to avoid at the job. At the time I had no idea how to answer as l'd never been asked that in an interview before. So I ask him to clarify, to which he just repeats the question, over and over until he gets super angry that I dont know how to answer that, then asks me to leave. To t

5.

Font - funkyjiveturkey · 3h Had an interview at an office supply store once. Guy told me straight up it was a high-pressure sales quota job. They're prices on computers and.peripherals were shit and that's what l'd be selling. Dude straight up said it's a lot of work for low pay, not a lot of people enjoy working there, and he finished off with the fact that he's been there for 18 years. Practically ran out of that interview screaming O Reply 4> 1.7k ...

6.

Font - FreddieGregg • 3h 2 Awards I interviewed for what was my dream job--something that I have a ton of experience in and two degrees (including one from literally the most prestigious school in my field). They liked me so much on my first few rounds of interviews that they asked me to fly across the country for the final one. So I go through easily the worst travel day of my life, arrive for my interview, and the interviewer takes one look at my resume and says "I don't know why you came all

7.

Font - paesanossbits• 3h 1 Award Video chat interview: red flag #1 the interview was with 10 interviewers (I was told it would be 1-on-1). Red flag #2: towards the end they asked if I had any questions. When I asked: "Do you all enjoy working here?" they all looked at each other nervously for about 20 seconds until someone said: "Sure. I mean, as much as you can enjoy work, I guess." Nope. Reply 5.9k ...

8.

Font - amalgamas • 3h 1 Award As the Interviewee: I told them I hated sales people when they asked why l'd left my last job, which exposed two things about me: I hadn't looked up the company I was interviewing with and that their primary line of business was sales. The mood got chilly real fast after that. Did not get the job. As the Interviewer: Had a guy ask if it was okay if he went to the restroom real fast and then never came back. His recruiter, who had come with him, was super embarrassed

9.

Font - offbeat_life · 3h I applied for an internship at a human rights law office. They gave me questions on the spot to debate with them, like 'should people accused of rape remain anonymous until convicted' and 'is bribery acceptable if it's for a good cause'. It was me versus a panel of 5 senior human rights lawyers for a whole hour, who just ripped me apart from start to finish. Everything I said, they made sound like the dumbest response with their rebuttals. By the end I was a nervous babb

10.

Rectangle - jmnolly00 · 3h I was the only person that hr was able to source for a role and I still got rejected. :( Reply 1.1k ..

11.

Font - EIToberino • 3h 3 1 Award I was interviewing for a job in Houston, and lived in Austin, about 2.5 hours away. I drove to Houston for the first round of interviews, and they said it went well and wanted to being me in for a final interview, soi drove there again. It seemed like it went well and they told me they had one more interview to conduct and would have a decision tomorrow. So the next day came and went, I emailed the manager to ask if any decision had been made, nothing, waited a c

12.

Font - scrumplic · 3h I've never had a disastrous interview, but I have had awful jobs and bad bosses. It can't be said enough: trust your gut. Anytime I didn't get a good feeling from the interview and walking through the job site/office, it turned out to be a crappy place to work. Toxic owners and managers spread the ick around to everyone there. Reply 428 ...

13.

Font - lolicraft · 3h I had a skype interview with a private practice and the lady interviewing me literally made it sound like a stern military parent. "You can NEVER be late" (mind you the job was an hour away) "Even if you have a cold you can NEVER call in sick" (idk if this was meant for pre or post-covid) "We're a small company so you won't have much of a work/life balance" "PS our pay for all this dedication is only 3 dollars more than the measely pay your getting now" Just a whole intervi

14.

Font - hardware5434· 2h Had an interview, went well. I was offering the job on the spot and accepted. The HR manager went to get the needed paperwork, came back 10 mins later and said "I must have forgot that we already filled this position. I'm sorry, but we don't have an opening. I could call you if something opens back up". I said no thank you. Reply 1 251 3 ...

15.

Font - Consistent_Parsley_6 •3h Showed up looking good in my suit with a ton of knowledge on Capital Partners. It turned out I had researched the wrong company named Capital Partners. Reply 454 ...

16.

Rectangle - LobsterNixon • 2h 3 Awards I told them I couldn't answer their questions, farted audibly out of stress and thanked them for their time. Q Reply 1 355 3 ... +

17.

Font - DarthShisno • 3h My first Interview ever was at DQ and I accidently knocked a 90 year old woman over. O Q Reply 4 446 ...

18.

Font - Cichlidsaremyjam · 3h I had an interview with EMC back in the day. I don't remember the specifics other than I was really nervous. I had a "we are sorry to inform you..." email waiting for me before I finished the 10 minute trip home. Reply 65 ...

19.

Font - AuldLangSimone · 2h She said employees got marked down one point if they came in late to work, even in a blizzard. She said it was their responsibility to check the weather the day before and prepare accordingly. Some of their employees commuted from 100 miles away, so they didn't cut anybody any slack. Usually I send a follow-up email saying thanks for the interview, l'm interested in the job, bla bla bla. But I didn't send an email that time. Reply 35 3 ... +

20.

Font - CONFETA • 2h I was recommended by a particular manager to interview for a makeup counter position. It was a really tense, awkward interview with the store manager, and I wasn't really certain why he was so hostile toward me. Turns out he was just trying to figure out if I was in on the other manager's scheme of stealing products and selling them on Craigslist, which I found out about after she was arrested the next week. It was a shock to me because she was a bit of a mentor to me and I h

21.

Font - Bubbly-Pie8698 · 3h I had an interview for a position that I practically had all the skills and experience they were asking for and it practically turnt into a guidance advise session. The employer basically asked what I enjoyed doing and that I was young and should go back to school , continue my studies and find a great job in the near future. Like lol I'm here trying to get paid not go back to school.I know they were saying it from a good place but it actually annoyed me that I went al

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment