Tuesday, February 2, 2021

People Who Sang On Kidz Bop Share Their Experiences


This fun and nostalgia packed thread has people that sang on Kidz Bop sharing their experiences. If you were a kid living throughout the 80s-2000s, then you probably have some kind of memory surrounding the multitude of covers of top 40 tracks that were performed by kids aged 8-12. We just wonder where these kids are now. Keep the nostalgia rolling with this list of nostalgic memes from the olden golden days

1.

Font - FU_ • 1y Your parents take you to a business park you've driven by on the highway a million times and you walk into this building that looks crappy from the outside, but it's awesome on the inside. Then you go into a vocal booth with with 2 or 3 other kids and put on headphones. They play the song for you with a scratch vocal so you get the melody of the song and then you try it. You sing it over and over until they're happy usually going line by line. After 2-4 hours you're done. You get

2.

Font - [deleted] • 1y My cousin was a Kidz Bop kid. It's how she got her start in the talent industry. She is now a model, reality TV star, and professional musician. 10.8k ...

3.

Font - Ridzon • 1y I'm super late to this but I was in the first commercial when I was 8 or 9. The producers randomly came to our summer camp and sent home waivers asking if we would want to be in it but offered no compensation outside of a copy of the cd and the commercial which arrived many months later. I remember hearing the lead producer saying "it's so corny, it's perfect." By the time the commercial came out, I was in 5th grade. One day, one of the class bullies came in soon after and goe

4.

Font - phillayyyyyy • 1y S 2 Awards My boyfriend did 2 live concerts with Kidz Bop! He's in IT now so it didn't make it onto his resume lol but it's a cool thing to share at parties

5.

Font - ShattereMartiniGlass • 1y This one girl from my high school won their like talent search internet series they did years ago. I knew her in middle school and she was a super nice and normal girl. But she submitted herself to the competition and ended up winning it when we were in our Freshman year. They had this celebrity dude no one knew come to an assembly and announce that she won She left the school after that and maintained a steady level of fame ever since. She was on that MTV Scream

6.

Font - [deleted] • 1y I was in 5th grade when Thrift Shop came out and it was the biggest song in the world. My friends and I sang it at the playground but said stuff like "This is really awesome" and "Walk up in the club like wuddup I'm a big jock" so we wouldn't get in trouble. I didn't even know it was the Kidz Bop version until some 20 year old overheard me singing it at a dinner party and started laughing out loud. I also remember once watching a commercial for one of those albums (like 37

7.

Font - SendHelpVeryDrunk • 1y My cousin auditioned and failed miserably.

8.

Font - Pf_Farnsworth • 1y I didn't, but my older brother was offered an audition. He was about 8 or 9 years old. He didn't want to do it because even at our really young ages we knew that it was terrible from the commercials. After he got the offer to audition in the mail and told my mom no, my mom proceeded to buy us Kidz Bop 7. And boy did 7 year old me hate listening to that in the car for an entire summer. However l'm sure my parents preferred playing Kidz Bop over Crazy Frog in the car any

9.

Font - MengTheBarbarian • 1y 3 1 Award I used to lie on my Tinder profile and say I was a celebrity. When I got matched up and they asked how I was a celebrity. l'd make them guess where they know me from and then l'd reveal I was in Kidz Bop. I got unmatched a lot. 23.3k ...

10.

Font - NEWVENGEANCE • 1y S 1 Award I remember thinking that it was something that a lot of kids did, younger me was really surprised to find out that most kids my age never took an audition. l thought it was something like going to the dentist or the doctors. 32.5k ...

11.

Font - roguediamond • 1y 3 1 Award I was part of it! T remember my middle school chorus director was super excited about the whole thing and got me to audition. We went down to the audition with my parents. I was so nervous, at least until I got into the audition itself. If you've never done one, you're in a room with three people taking notes. I sang "This Little Light of Mine" and killed it. They thanked me, and I snuck a look at the closest notepad. I still remember what the judge wrote to th

12.

Font - Destroyerv2 · 1y I was my first "job" and when I auditioned I only did it cause I thought it would be cool and didn't know you got paid to do it, I have put it on my resume but only sarcastically and it actually made me lose a job cause the employer thought I was lying even when I showed him proof | 8.7k ...

13.

Rectangle - Dynamicfresh84 • ly So I know one of the Kidz Bop uk kids. He's overall a cool guy and not really cringe at all. It's mostly the producers who ask them to do the cringe stuff. If you have any questions for me to ask him, comment bellow. 7 ...

14.

Facial expression - XToday4Ux • 1y I performed as a Kidz Bop kid for one summer at Six Flags America. We did 5-6 performances a day, singing songs like "All Star" and "Sk8er Boi". I was 10, and thought it was the coolest thing ever, mostly because we got into the park for free. 8 ...

15.

Font - missctrl 1y One of my best friends was a Kidz Bop kid from 2011 to 2013. People have a (very justified) notion that the kids in Kidz Bop don't have any actual talent and that it's all very manufactured and staged. But this man is THE most talented person l've ever come across. Songwriting is his passion. He can play nine instruments (I think he's actually taken up a few more this past year), and he wrote and produced his first EP all by himself. He did the same for his debut album, which

16.

Font - In terms of his experience with Kidz Bop, he's gone on record saying that it pretty much flipped his life upside down, and it helped him realize how much he loved performing. He did get bullied because of it, but he still considers his time with Kidz Bop to be some of his favorite memories. He became super close with the rest of the kids, and they're all still good friends today. I had a brief encounter with Elijah Johnson through him, who went on to join the boy group Mindless Behavior.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment