Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Woman's Roommate Refuses To Buy Toilet Paper, Woman Hides Toilet Paper In Her Room


Cheap and entitled roommates can be a real handful. You'll end up in unfortunate scenarios where you have roommates who think they're getting away with stealing your food, or even cases where they simply refuse to pitch in for essential things like utility bills. In this case, we have a woman dealing with a roomie who won't pitch in for toilet paper. So, seemingly naturally she decides to hide that tp from her roomie until the roommate gets the wakeup call. Some folks just need you to give it to them. 

1.

Font - 1 2 1 @ 3 AITA for hiding toilet paper in my room? | (24F) have lived with my roommate (25F) for about 6 months now. In that time, she has NEVER bought us toilet paper, tissues, or paper towels. Before moving in together, we agreed that we would each take turns buying these supplies. Every time we run out, I politely remind her that it is her turn to buy, as I have bought it every time. She always comes up with some excuse that she forgot, has no time to shop, etc. So, I begrudgingly alwa

2.

Font - I've recently started asking her to pay for half, but she declines to because apparently I don't buy "the correct brand." (I buy an off-brand, because l'm 24 and on a budget. Also, wtf.) She always says she'll just buy the better brand rather than pay me, but never does. Yesterday, we ran out again. She was home all day, and I went off to work. When I got home, I saw that she had gone grocery shopping for herself. I walk into the bathroom. Still no toilet paper. I decided to go buy some a

3.

Rectangle - She hasn't responded to me. I know this seems juvenile, but I really find the whole situation unfair. If my toilet paper isn't good enough for her, she is more than able to buy her own. 4 2.0k 199 ↑, Share

4.

Rectangle - Vought4Nought · 3h • Asshole Enthusiast [6] 3 3 Awards NTA You've tried to get her to play fair, she's created this situation, she can sort out her own shit. E 6 Reply ↑ 2.5k ...

5.

Organism - Spunkei · 3h · Partassipant [1] NTA. This post made me snort, lol. 10/10 approve of this pettiness. Sometimes the best way to learn how to grow up, is to have no other choice. ETA: Also laughable that your TP isn't "good enough" for her to help pay for, but it's good enough for her to use? Yeah, okay. G Reply 1 1.0k 3 ... +

6.

Font - Tkat113 · 3h NTA. This is often a common tactic with roommates. If they dont replace the TP on a rotational basis you keep your own stock. G Reply 1 353 •..

7.

Font - redditstrangernstuff • 3h That's the only way to do it. She's cheaping out. And lazy. With things like Amazon there is just no need for this. Let her go without. She needs to suffer for a bit to realize how ridiculous she's being. Also pls total up how much you've spent so far and give her a bill. NTA. G Reply 436 ...

8.

Handwriting - Edemamee · 3h • Partassipant [4] NTA. I think this is actually a good way to get her to realize she's going to have to get off her butt and buy some once in a while. G Reply 1 99 ...

9.

Font - NTA. After the great toilet paper shortage of 2020, I would protect my (any brand) rolls with my life! This is serious stuff! She can be personally responsible for her toilet paper, especially if she requires a specific brand. Keep your stash, and enjoy knowing that you don't have to worry about toilet paper wars anymore. G Reply 65 3 ...

10.

Smile - throwralco · 3h • Partassipant [1] NTA. She needs to learn how to be a better roommate and contribute. You have given her plenty of chances to rectify this situation. You stand your ground and hide that TP! G Reply 47 3 ...

11.

Rectangle - Elfere · 2h NTA. l'd had my tooth brush - razor, tooth paste, soap, dish soap, etc etc. When I lived with people liked this. Oh. Don't leave any towels you like around either. Or theyll wind up with brown stains on them. Cause people like that are literal dirty assholes. G Reply 1 35 ...

12.

Rectangle - lightyagamisupremacy · 3h NTA - god knows how long she would've kept this up. and the fact that she had the audacity to not pay you even half for 'buying the wrong brand' is absurd. she's more than capable of buying her own? some people are just lazy G Reply 1 8 ...

13.

Rectangle - curlyhair_browneyed · 3h NTA. You are not her caretaker. Squirrel away the toilet papers please! G Reply ...

14.

Smile - CommanderOfCheese45 · 3h · Partassipant [1] NTA. You're both adults, you should both be more than capable of handling the responsibility of buying your own damn toilet paper. G Reply 5 3 ...

15.

Font - Beneficial-Soft-3492 · 2h NTA She created this problem - now she can solve it Reply 1 3 + ...

16.

Rectangle - Sunny_sailor96• 1h • Partassipant [3] NTA. I had the same problem with my housemates senior year of college except I am terrified of any conflict so I just kept buying the toilet paper and silently stewing. Good on you for actually doing something about it. G Reply 1 2 ...

17.

Font - ScaryPearls · 43m • Partassipant [1] NTA - I had a very similar roommate situation once. She decided she was going to do some kind of "challenge" related to poverty awareness and live on less than $1 a day. Which, fine, you do you. But if you're just using food and supplies bought by other people, l'm not sure you're having the real poverty experience. I tried to no avail to explain purchasing power parity to her but ended up just keeping my toilet paper and snacks in my room. Reply Vote

18.

Font - ChangeMyMind204 · 25m NTA, frankly I wish you'd went with her approach and told her not to worry as you are going to get some that night and then just never get any. I wonder how long she'd do without before realising that you aren't buying any to share with her. PS She's probably already hoarding her own supply in her bedroom too. Reply Vote ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment