Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Wife Ignores Husband's Warning About Space Heater, Humbling Revelation Ensues


A painful number of us have insisted on being stubborn and ignoring the well founded warnings of others around us. In this case, it ends up being a wife who ignores her husband after he strongly advises that she doesn't play around with getting too close to a powerful space heater. Sometimes, it just takes making the mistake itself to actually walk away with the wisdom we'll need to not do the same thing again. 

1.

Font - r/tifu + Join u/sometimes-i-rhyme · 20h 14 O 19 3 17 32 TIFU and now I have to hide my leg from my husband for a week or more M I'm a teacher. A kindergarten teacher. And I should know better. Right now, for some reasons, Kindergarten is on Zoom. I teach from my dining room table, because it is the best space with the best light. Unfortunately, there's a big sliding glass door in my dining room and it's not one of those fancy double pane insulating ones, either. Oh, and I removed the curt

2.

Font - Now dear husband is really a dear, and I love him and he loves me. But. BUT. Sometimes he's a bit of a nag and a worrier. And the space heater lives in the garage because he hates it - always concerned that l'm going to burn the house down or the cat will set herself on fire. Still - because he loves me, he brought it in. And because he's a worrier and a nag, he reminded me this morning to keep it three feet away from furniture, upholstery, and the (currently nonexistent) curtains. And fo

3.

Font - Now this hot beast cycles on and off. It was getting me nice and toasty while we reviewed rhyming words. My feet stayed warm while we read "The Mitten" and cut out animal pictures. It shut off for a while when we were watching a Scholastic Magazine video about arctic animals, so by the time we finished my tootsies were feeling the Arctic Chill. I pulled the heater in just a little closer. The cat was into it, too. I mean, I take full responsibility but we were in this together.

4.

Font - About halfway through Measuring Length With Linking Cubes, I felt like my legs were maybe a wee bit to hot, so I tucked my feet back under my chair. We wrapped up with a Jack Hartmann video "Count to 100 and Exercise" and about an hour ago I waved the kinders off for their asynchronous work time, and got up to make myself some tea. Of COURSE I turned the heater off. I'm careful like that. Plus, the cat was sitting closer than she probably should have.

5.

Font - But as I sat down with my cuppa, I noticed a stinging sensation just below my right knee. I pulled my pant leg up and kids, I was shook. I have angry red splotches on the front of my leg, and the beginnings of a blister. It is not pretty. And now that I look at it, it kinda hurts, too. Folks, be careful with your space heaters. It was 3 feet away from anything combustible EXCEPT for me and the cat. She's fine, but l'm slightly flame-broiled.

6.

Smile - And I am NOT telling my husband. He would be kind and sympathetic and he might even resist the urge to say "I told you so" but he would never never forget. So l'll be wearing knee high socks to bed for a while until this heals. I'm an idiot.

7.

Font - TLDR: TIFU (yup, today) by broiling my limb on a heater, and now I have to hide it because I, a grown-ass woman, can't bear to see my husband's pitying look and read the reproachful "But I WARNED you!!" in his eyes. Edit: Sincere thanks to all who showed concern & gave treatment advice. It's several hours later, and the blister is about the size and shape of a large sunflower seed. I have about 6 similarly sized livid spots below it, and one a little larger. The total amount of injured sk

8.

Handwriting - peely_gonna_stealy • 20h I was reading this and in the background, coincidentally, the radio was playing "My way" by Frank Sinatra. Improved the story by 100%. G Reply 1 1.7k 3

9.

Font - PeeonTrotsky • 17h 1 Award Lol, just tell him. The sexiest thing my ex ever said to me in the 5 years we were together was, "Honey, you were right." Why go through all the hard work of deception when you can spin this into a compliment? G Reply 553

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment