Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Student's Group Project Teammates Won't Help, Pro Revenge Ensues


There's something about group projects that just effortlessly bring out the worst in people. In the case of this group project, we have a wonderful story centered on a couple students in particular that were pretty much just plain old deadweight. Once the student hit their breaking point, the pro revenge from there was swift and critically effective. Added bonus in that the teacher was more than understanding of the situation, and made sure that the actual student trying hard on the project didn't suffer as a result of their lazy, entitled teammates. 

1.

Font - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Starting TOSAV • 3h You Make Me Do All The Science Fair Project! I'll Throw You Under the (metaphorical) Bus! So this is a bit of a read, Perdóname. Also I tried posting this on PettyRevenge, but it didn't work so, please tell me if what I did was petty or Pro revenge here: Cast: • Pathological Liar Sheep Boy Amazing Teacher • Me as StartingToSAV

2.

Font - So this story happened whenI was in 7th grade. During that time the school district had all students participate in a mandatory annual Science Fair, from Elementary school up to the end of Middle school. The idea was to get students interested in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields and occupations. After participating in Science Fairs for 6 years I was used to the usual rigmarole that a science fair project entailed: I come up with some, hopefully unique, project idea

3.

Font - My class had the honor of being the first to be selected to participate in a virtual science fair. So basically we were voluntold. No one in our section of the district at that time did a virtual science fair before, so we were signed up as Guinea Pigs to test it out. If that wasn't good enough my class also had to promote healthy collaboration amongst students, so we were assigned to do projects in a group! Now I hate group work! I always got the short end of the stick in a group. Either

4.

Font - Anyways, the online science fair was pretty simple. As a group, we were assigned access to a group "Science fair board" that we could fill out with our results, figures, hypothesis, etc. We were to have certain parts of the project like the Discussion done by particular dates to get points towards our grade. The overall project was due in two months and then we were to give a presentation. Amazing Teacher was brilliant. She wanted us to record our project progress in a composition book in

5.

Font - I was paired with Pathological Liar and Sheep Boy, who I was kinda friends with. We brainstormed and settled on "testing the performance of an individual in exercise before and after they drink an energy drink". This was in part influenced by Monster energy drink just becoming popular and Sheep Boy parents getting a new home gym. I thought it was great since I was playing football at the time and wanted to work out more. Also, Pathological Liar, Sheep Boy, and I literally shared every cla

6.

Font - Oh my Gawd if you heard what came out of this boy's mouth as an excuse. While we were literally within spitting distance of my house Pathological Liar said he couldn't come over yesterday or today because his grandparents had gotten into a plane crash. I was flabbergasted and exclaimed "What?! Really? But I didn't see anything on the news about a plane crash." Pathological Liar responded indignantly "Plane crashes happen all the time StartingtoSAV! They're not all going to get reported on

7.

Font - Me: *insert surprised Pikachu face* "Omg l'm so sorry... did they die?" PL: "What? No why would they die, idiot?! Anyways I can't do the project this week! See yeah..." This little turd then ran home. After I got home and deduced that he just fed me a sack of crap, I just said whatever and filed out the preliminary sections of the project and wrote notes in the composition book to at least ensure we had something to turn in next week. I was willing to give the group a second chance, cuz m

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment