Monday, February 22, 2021

Waitress Assumes Customers Left, Eats Customer's Salad, Customers Return


At the start of this tumultuous tale it does seem as if we're about to read something very gnarly. Like, maybe some kind of stomach bug situation from a salad never meant for human consumption. But alas, things don't shake out nearly as bad as you might think. Just a panicked waitress fielding the daunting realization that she'd consumed a customer's salad, that was actually going to return. 

1.

Font - 2 1 3 2 1 TIFU by eating a salad left behind by a customer. M Obligatory this happened 4 years ago. I used to be a waitress at an Uzbek restaurant in the US. A lot of our clientele was Russian/Eastern European. I'm fluent in Russian, so I would usually service the tables that didn't speak much English.

2.

Font - Well one Saturday night, I'm working the dinner rush. This is usually 4-5 hours of constant, nonstop work. It was a small restaurant with limited staff, so on busy nights, I'd also bus the tables. About 3 hours into the shift, I get a table of about 10 young Russian thuggish intimidating men- gopniks, if you will. They sat down, I took their orders, poured their vodka shots, and moved on to my next table. Let it be known that they brought their own vodka, about 4-5 bottles. Anyways, I eve

3.

Font - keep working. About 30 minutes later, I look across the restaurant and see that the Squad has left. They didn't pay the bill, but the owner of the restaurant was Russian, so I assumed they knew the owner and had a tab (this was not entirely uncommon). I start bussing their table and notice they left a salad completely untouched. Now, anyone that has worked in the restaurant business before knows that on really busy nights where you're moving nonstop, you get hungry, and you gotta take any

4.

Font - and starving, and still had about 2 hours left in my shift. So, before busing the table, I swipe the salad, take it into the back, and quickly shovel it down my gullet before getting back out onto the floor. I'm about to go finish busing the table when a different table calls me over, and so I go and help that table. A few minutes later, I start heading back towards the Squad's table, when to my horror, I see that the Squad had returned.

5.

Font - Y'all, they went out for a smoke. Because OF COURSE THEY DID. I feel all the blood drain from my face as my heart poops it's pants. I'm panicking about what to do- I can't place an order with the kitchen for another salad just because. Will the Squad notice? What will they say? How will I explain?! I calmly walk over and pour another round of shots. I'm waiting for them to ask about the salad, trying to prepare some BS excuse in my head. But they don't ask. Because thank god, they're hamm

6.

Font - couple more hours, downing shots and taking smoke breaks. So far, so good. Now, time to bring the bill. The moment l've been dreading. They'll see the salad on the check, realize the salad at some point mysteriously disappeared, and start asking questions. Nope. They leave $500 cash for a $300 bill and stumble out of the restaurant. One of the men threw up outside the restaurant, and two more were starting a fight. The salad was the least of their concerns. As a precaution, I wait an extr

7.

Rectangle - TLDR; working as a waitress at a Slavic restaurant in the US, get a table of Russian gangsters, they leave so I eat a salad they left behind, turns out they were on a smoke break. Managed to divert their attention by pouring them shots. 758 1, Share V 73

8.

Art - jadiseoc · 6d I definitely thought this story was going to a way grosser place than it did. Thank jeebus for that. 6 Reply 1 453 ...

9.

Smile - The-Rel1c • 6d Seems like more of a win. Free salad. $200 . Sounds like a /r win to me. G Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment