Saturday, January 9, 2021

Tech Calls Customer About Internet Being Down, There's A Literal Fire


In all fairness, the tech support was just trying to be proactive in letting their customer know that the internet was down and being monitored. There was absolutely no way for them to know that said internet happened to be down because of a raging fire. Gotta love that automated response there at the end too. Check out another glory story from the tech support world with this man who insisted that he knew more about IT than IT, and then learned differently

1.

Text - r/talesfromtechsupport + Join u/Universal_Binary · 3y 1 "Your Internet link is down." "That might be because it's on fire." Short This is my all-time favorite interaction with tech support. Late one December evening a number of years ago, I got an unexpected call from my boss. He said there was a fire at the office, and I might want to come in and see what was going on. So I did. By the time I got there, the fire was on its way out, and I and a couple dozen others were standing around in

2.

Text - We had Internet service through an awesome local ISP at the time. The kind of small company that really cared about service. While I was shivering next to a fire truck, my cell phone rang. It was one of their techs, whom I had shared on office with at a different company years ago and knew well. | Me: Hello? Tech: Hi, this is $TECH from $ISP. Just wanted to let you know that our monitoring noticed your Internet link is down, and we're working on it. Me: That might be because it's on fire.

3.

Text - Me: Yeah, there was a fire in the building. I'm standing next to a fire truck right now. They aren't letting us in yet. Then, without missing a beat, $TECH said something he never said at that ISP (remember, premium service): Tech: Ah, well OK then. I'll assume the problem is on your end. click Despite the cold and the uncertainty (how badly damaged was the office, etc), I couldn't help laughing at the absurdity of it all.

4.

Text - Because $ISP was awesome, less than 5 minutes later he called back to say, "I just checked, and we have two portable generators that aren't in use right now. If you need them, just say the word, and I can have them there in 2 hours, any time, day or night. No charge." Our contract with them had nothing in it about generators. 9.0k 372 ↑, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment