Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Pettiest Reasons People Held Grudges


People's capacity for holding petty grudges is truly astounding. Sometimes you might completely unknowingly rub someone that you regularly cross paths with the wrong way, and ever since that unfortunate moment it's as if they've undertaken a lifelong personal vendetta against you. If you ever find yourself on the other end of a petty grudge it never hurts to try to smooth things over. With that being said though, sometimes folks just refuse to let things go. 

1.

Font - DadlikePowers • 20h My niece was nervous about her driver's test so I told her not to worry her mom (my sister) is a really good driver and she failed her first driver's test, if you mess up just study, practice and try again. My sister still doesn't talk to me after three years because I "embarrassed her in front of her daughter". Reply 113

2.

Font - laguna_redneck · 20h My husband lost his job a few years ago around Christmas time. I told people that we wouldn't be buying anyone gifts that year including my brother who lives in a different state. About a week before Christmas, someone anonymously left some groceries and a visa gift card on our doorstep. Because of that, I was actually able to do a little gift shopping for my young kids and made a facebook post about it, in hopes that whoever had donated to us would see how grateful w

3.

Font - littlehelppls · 20h I talked about our mutually-liked celebrity like a real person and not an infallible being Reply 52 ...

4.

Font - kojinB84 · 19h In early senior year, I bumped into a guy from high school at the beach. We exchanged numbers and talked for a week on the phone. He would pick me up and bring me over to his house and watch movies. Then we hung at my house a few times. At breaks I would hang with him and his friends. Well, one day in P.E., my friend said that some girl was jealous of me. I had zero clue who she was. Turns out it was his ex gf. I never knew he dated anyone or what his past was. Well, he jus

5.

Font - DNA_nonymous • 18h A girl threw a bowling ball at me because she couldn't spell my name Reply 21 3 ...

6.

Font - Paddles98 · 20h Someone I knew got mad at me because she thought that I tried to prank her by putting Cards Against Humanity cards in her backpack, even though we were playing it the night before and they probably just fell in (and despite the fact that that would be a horrible prank). | Reply 1 31 <3 ...

7.

Rectangle - SierraMikeHotel · 19h My wife is still angry with me over a dream she had years ago in which I cheated on her with a faceless woman. Seriously. + Reply 42 ...

8.

Font - battybatt · 19h A coworker when we both were teenagers. He was really into cars, had a huge lifted pickup truck. I drove a 12-year-old Prius. I know Prius owners can be annoying, but in my caseI literally never talk about it, and I don't think it makes me better than anyone else. He only knew because it's the first thing he asked me when we met. After that he would go out of his way to find videos of Priuses in crashes and show them to me, or make random little comments about how he would

9.

Rectangle - EwOksAmongUs • 21h O1 Award A best female friend growing up (I'm male) didn't talk to me for a week in high school because I called her a bitch in a dream. Reply 1 276 3 ...

10.

Font - Billbapawpaw · 21h I write backwards and upside down. Example: start my 2s on the bottom-right. I had a teacher who thought I was mocking them when I wrote on the board that way in grade 5. I seriously had enough problems I didn't need that weird shit to worry about in the classroom. Q Reply 1 49 ...

11.

Rectangle - Mangobunny98 · 20h I once mentioned that if a job position opened up at the job I was working I might apply. One of my coworkers overheard and held a grudge because she wanted the position. What was even stupider is the position never ended up opening and I ended up deciding to leave the job later that year and she still held the grudge. Q Reply 1 37 3 ...

12.

Font - gaveuptheghost · 21h They thought they heard me and 2 other people say their name and then laugh in some random conversation, and then decided in their head not only were we making fun of this person, but we (again in their head) had been doing this for a long time. Pretty sure all of this was an overactive imagination, since we and this person in question were never close, just acquaintances, and there would be no reason for us to talk about them for anything, let alone making fun. É QRe

13.

Font - LyriaBlossom · 21h I met a guy when I was still in university that was mad at me for taking the train to go home; he wanted me to wait for him just so I could go with him at the train station, and he even wanted me to miss my train just so he could be with me at the train station! Bro, I just wanna go home at 8pm, not at 3am! Mind you, he doesn't take the train because he had an appartment not too far away from the unversity so it's not like he had to wait for me because he was at home wh

14.

Organism - Tasia528 · 15h I called a co-worker, whose name was Barbara, Barb. She immediately started antagonizing me every chance she got. When asked why by our supervisor, she said that Barb is the French word for beard. I don't speak French, so I didn't know that. Reply 13 ...

15.

Font - |_DRINK_ANARCHY • 16h I don't think it was a very long held grudge, but years ago when I was in college, a couple of friends and I played a few games of Scrabble. I'm a big fan of the game, I'm a damn fine speller and I have a decent vocabulary. Scrabble is one of my strong points, to put it plainly. And I won...which really pissed off one of the guys I played with. Apparently he and his gf played Scrabble competitively on a regular basis, so someone "like me" shouldn't have been able to

16.

Font - honestgoing • 17h Someone was mad that I didn't vouch for them being in a location in Among Us. They were depending on my vouch to not get voted out. But here's the thing: they were imposter I didn't see them in the room they saw me because imposters have better vision than crewmates They proceeded to vote me every single round for the rest of the time we played together (2 hours) and accused me of not paying attention. Reply ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment