Tuesday, January 26, 2021

People Who Tried To Treat Themselves and Failed


Everyone's so into this whole self care thing now, it makes you think that maybe they're onto something. Maybe it is time to spend some money on underwear that has functioning elastic. Maybe it's okay to buy a nice office chair that doesn't make your back look like a candy cane. Judging by how it went for these people, it's not. On the other side of it, here are some very reckless uses of money people don't regret at all.

1.

Font - mozgw4 2 days ago 2 3 3 A 3 Thought " I've never been on a cruise. I want to go on a cruise now." So booked a 2 week Caribbean cruise, in a suite, with the wife. Who, on arrival, decided she didn't like me anymore and spent 2 weeks avoiding me, so I spent 2 weeks on my own on this bloody ship We're divorced now.

2.

Font - ElleryMiggs 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago A 2 O 5 e7 3 & 11 More I've been unemployed for over a year now, and hadn't bought anything nice for myself in months. While buying groceries, I saw some pomegranates, and I decided I deserved a treat. I found the biggest one in the pile, looked great, and bought it. When I cracked that fucker open that night, it was rotten inside, with no sign it had gone bad on the outside. I actually cried, because I felt I had wasted precious money I shouldn'

3.

Human body - hm8g10 2 days ago A pair of Louboutins. Not comfortable. The sole wears away incredibly quickly. Heels easily get scraped on grates (I lived somewhere with lots of grates)

4.

Font - HappyHarry85 2 days ago 9 S 8 All you can eat sushi bar. Did the math on how much sushi I had to eat to save money from just buying the rolls individually. I hit my goal, but at what cost. I was trying not to throw up for the whole drive home, and spent the rest of the day in bed clutching my stomach and rethinking my life.

5.

Bird - A_Bit_Drunk 3 days ago E Bought a PS3 when it came out and had to return it to pay rent.

6.

Font - FenrirIII 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago S I just passed my exams in university, so decided to treat myself to some Ben & Jerry's. I woke up covered in hives, vomiting, and burning up. Apparently I had an unknown allergy. It was the worst week of my life.

7.

Font - Icy-Medicine-495 3 days ago Bought a pair of used snowmobiles for 2000 dollars. Had them for two years. First year we both got the flu the 1 week the snowmobile trails where open so never used them. 2nd year my wife was pregnant so we decided to sell them. Ends up 1 no longer wants to start and the other one runs but now has issues. Ended up selling them for 500 dollars. Never once used them besides unloading them from the trailer when we bought them.

8.

Font - smileymn 2 days ago I bought a used bass amp on eBay. It was a little pricey but after hundreds of eBay purchases I didn't think anything could go wrong. Amp showed up broken (advertised as working condition). Took it to a shop, turns out the seller had gutted it and poorly replaced a bunch of the parts with a guitar amp (it was a bass amp), so once I spent money to fix it it was still unusable. I got into it with the eBay seller and they threatened to come to my house and fight me. All b

9.

Font - sanibelle98 2 days ago Happened the other day. I had some leftover taco meat, cheese and taco sauce but no tortillas so I decided to make myself some nachos. Problem was, I didn't have any tortilla chips either so I used Triscuits instead. I really felt my whiteness as I sat on the toilet for hours afterwards.

10.

Font - AnonyMissMe 2 days ago S I was insanely broke as a 22yr old and just landed a new job. I was so excited about it and decided to "celebrate" by buying chicken nuggets and a caramel frappe from McDonalds. The breading from the first damn chicken nugget managed to cut the inside of my throat and I couldn't speak for 2 days.

11.

Font - amalgamas 3 days ago Bought a BMW 135i when I already had a perfectly good Nissan 350Z that was paid off. I was young and dumb and had just started making serious money for the first time in my life, so when I looked at that monthly payment I said "this is fine, I can totally make this", not taking into account all of the other bills that can suddenly crop up. One of the worst decisions I ever made, easily.

12.

Font - Back2Bach 3 days ago I once bought a good quality regulation pool table (8' x 44") with all the accessories for about $4,000. But after moving to a new location, I regretted the purchase because there was no room for it (other than to give up the dining room and replace the dining room chandelier with a billiards light fixture).

13.

Font - MilwaukeeDave 2 days ago Bought a telescope. But then I needed a camera to take pics. Then I needed a camera and smaller scope to guide it. Then I needed a better, more expensive mount. Then I needed ANOTHER camera to help setup the more expensive mount. Then I needed cases and storage for this stuff. And another camera. And a star tracker. Then all of a sudden I have thousands in gear that I've used exactly never because it's freezing and cloudy most of the good viewing season anyways.

14.

Plant - luckycynic 3 days ago · edited 3 days ago S I spent around £300 on all the Talisman boardgames and a further £200 on a custom made box to keep them all in. Largely due to Covid, I've played them once.

15.

Font - baby_yaga 3 days ago I dropped $1000 on a gaming PC when I was a sophomore in college. Took out a credit card to put it on that and, uh, overestimated my ability to consistently make more than the minimum payments. Ended up finally paying it off like two years later, having paid probably an extra $300 in interest. But learned a valuable lesson, and also had a better PC than all my friends!

16.

Font - JimmyJTJ5 2 days ago Went to Vegas and spent more money than I had intended. Had a blast but flash forward a month later I had nothing to pay my car payment and in Florida if you are late one month they can repo your car. They did.

17.

Rectangle - edigold617 3 days ago Most Apple products, bought an iPad so now when I'm bored of scrolling on my phone I can go be bored scrolling on a bigger version of my phone O

18.

Font - EchoLimaOscarDelta 2 days ago · edited 2 days ago After years of wanting to experiment with my hair, I finally convinced myself that dying my long healthy brown hair purple was the best way to treat myself. I was originally given a price of $150 give or take depending on amount of dye used. Anyway, when she was done styling, I was happy and it looked pretty. I got to the counter and the total comes to $500!! Now, I'm not a confrontational person. Also, I was young and kind of stupid to no

19.

Font - bberkowitz 2 days ago Got a promotion that meant I would be driving most days to an office, after commuting by train for years. Bought myself a Tesla for the new ride. Took delivery on March 14 last year. Haven't driven to the office once. Between the down payment and the monthly payments since, I've spent about $7 a mile to own the thing.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment