Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Manager Tries To Give Customer Predatory Car Loan, Customer Doesn't Fall For It


There's nothing we love more than to see an immoral car dealership manager get his rightful comeuppance after trying to take down a customer with a predatory car loan. Suffice to say, our mohawk'ed customer wasn't playing any games. This is why it's of the utmost importance to read the fine print before going ahead and signing anything. Check out some more of the pettiest petty revenge cases over here

1.

Font - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/tapir-in-a-top-hat • 1d 3 2 8 2 The story of how I got out of a bad car loan This is the story of how I bought my car a little over a year ago. I had recently returned from working overseas and had been shopping around for about a month. I found myself at yet another used car dealership, and on a whim, I test drove a vehicle that cost more than I was hoping to spend. Being young and dumb I also let slip that I was looking to finance. I didn't really NEED to get a c

2.

Font - Well wouldn't you know it, I was in luck! They could work out the details of the loan for me right there at the dealership! And they would even include an extended warranty bundled in! (I know, I know: I'm an idiot) Being inexperienced as I was, not to mention sleep deprived - I was working nights at the time - I skipped along and signed on the dotted line. I just wanted to get out of there and get home to bed. | After a good day's rest, I picked through the paperwork more carefully. The

3.

Font - The next day I stormed back into the dealership brimming with youthful bluster born of my embarrassment. Now I'm not a big guy, but I can have a big mouth if the situation calls for it. I also had a full Mohawk at the time which probably added to the effect. I went straight to the manager and called him out on his shady business practices and general lack of moral fiber. Naturally he was very offended that I would DARE make such accusations. He was, of course, a most honest business man w

4.

Font - Manager Man was starting to get emotionally worked up too now. He was gonna prove this whiny louse wrong! Not only was he not crooked, he was SO magnanimous that he would even let me out of the loan - all I had to do was write him a check then and there for the full value of the car. Now here comes the revenge: I said "OK." His eyes got big. It was clear he wasn't expecting this answer - wasn't expecting some punk kid who had already signed up for extortionary financing to be able to pony

5.

Font - Somehow, despite having already signed my soul away, I managed to further talk my way into getting a bunch of other nonsense fees waived. They definitely didn't have to do this which leads me to believe that: A) They were sick of the yelling Mohawk guy and were just ready to be rid of me B) There was even shadier stuff than predatory lending going on, and they knew I would call them out and could put my money where my mouth was. Or (in a very distant third place) C) This other guy I was t

6.

Font - I came in a little later that day to drop off the cashier's check. Manager Man was still fuming. When I put the check on his desk and asked if everything was in order (perhaps a little too gleefully), he wouldn't even look at me. Just pursed his lips, nodded and stared blankly at his monitor. I picked up the title from the front desk lady (whom I had always been very polite to). She seemed to be sharing the schadenfreude of my getting one over on her boss and shot me a knowing smile. I kn

7. People had some of their own stories in the comments.

Font - night-otter · 22h Sounds like the Janis Joplin story of buying her Porsche. She walked into the dealership in full hippy mode, saying she wanted to buy a specific model. The saleperson basically told her to get her Hippy Ass out of his dealership. She came back the next day. The same salesman tried to kick her out again. She ignored him, went up to another salesman. "How much for that car?" Pointing at the one she wanted. "It's used, so it's only $3,500." (remember late 60s.. still a lot

8.

Facial expression - Stabbmaster· 22h When I closed on my house, it took over three hours because I refused to sign or initial any page without reading it. Ended up finding two mistakes that would have screwed me over, and got them corrected before signing. I'd say three hours well spent. Q Reply 78 ...

9.

Font - CodeOfKonami • 20h One time I bought a car during a bank holiday and traded an older one in. They took my car and sold it like the next day (I actually ran into the guy who bought it), and I took the new one. They called me a few days later to say that there was an issue with the financing and they needed to raise the rate. I laughed at them. Reply 41 •..

10.

Font - nascentia · 23h I'm so happy that there are alternatives to dealerships now. I bought a car via one of the major online retailers last year (leaving the name out because l'm not sure of specific sub rules but also so I don't get accused of being a "shill" when l'm just happy with a service/ company) and man, it was AMAZING. Whole process was so easy. Find your car online, order, car gets delivered, trade-in is picked up at the same time, you get a week to own it and can return/trade at an

11.

Font - patico_cr · 12h 28 years ago, my older brother bought himself a car. He was young and fell into a shady trap: silver tongued salesman talked him into signing the contract, avoiding topics as insurance, floating interest and exchange rates. My brother signed, took his car home and when 1st payment came, it was almost twice what he expected. To makw things worse, the cashier receipt he got after paying, stated that less than 5% of tje money he payed would actually pay the car. The rest woul

12.

Font - brijwij • 19h Good on you OP!! My friend once bought a car (her first one) and unfortunately she was also taken advantage of at the dealership. She is pretty, blonde, trusting, and doesn't take the time to read over contracts. After she got the car I asked to look at the contract... they gave her a loan with 22% interest and a whole bunch of other bullshit fees. Her monthly payments were around $500 for a $15k car. Needless to say, I called them and very angrily discussed that she would b

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment