Friday, December 18, 2020

Woman Moves To Same Neighborhood As Ex, Drama Ensues


This woman asked the folks of Reddit whether or not she was in the wrong for moving to the same neighborhood as her ex and his wife. If anything it sounds like the guy in this situation isn't quite over his ex lover, and his current partner is well aware of it. With that being said though, it's really just always likely to err on the side of dramatics if you end up moving into the same neighborhood as your ex. Hard to picture a situation where something unfortunate doesn't end up happening. 

1.

Text - AITA for moving into the same neighbourhood as my ex and his wife? Not the A-hole My engagement to "Matt" ended after I found out he was cheating on me with "Claire". He ended up marrying Claire after I broke up with him. During our engagement, we were looking to move into a new house. Everything was ready for us to move in, we just had to sign the paperwork. Matt ended up moving into the house with Claire.

2.

Text - This all happened 4 years ago, and I've moved on since. My fiancé andI were living in his house until two months ago. He decided he wanted to demolish and rebuild it, so we had to find another place to stay whilst it's being built. We ended up finding a house in the same neighbourhood as my ex and his wife. When Matt and I originally found the house he now lives in with his wife, I did ALL of the work finding it. I absolutely loved that house and I was more upset about not being able to m

3.

Text - We've lived here for two months now. The first month was completely peaceful and I didn't see my ex or his wife even once. In the second month, I became more friendly with some of my neighbours and they introduced me to the other neighbours including Claire. That evening, she came to my house and went on a long rant about how I was trying to get Matt back and I was a stalker. After that, I started seeing Matt a lot and he wouldn't stop making conversation with me. Things got really heated

4.

Text - Here's why I might be an AH, our lease is month to month so we could technically move as soon as we find a new place but I don't want to. I feel like they already stole one house from me, why should I give this one up too? I've also asked Matt, and even my fiancé has told him, to stop talking to me but I can't control what he does. AITA? Edit: I'm just going to clarify because every other comment seems to be mentioning it. I do not talk to Matt. I ignore him and keep doing whatever it is

5.

Text - jinyuki_91 • 1d NTA - They don't own the neighborhood jc. Seems like 'Claire' is the one who can't move on. Probably insecure because she was once a third party. Claire's friends and family have now taken to social media to pressure me to move because l'm ruining a good marriage. If talking to an ex from 4 years ago especially when said party has moved on is something that can ruin a marriage...news flash honey it's not "good" at all. Reply 1 2.7k 3 ...

6.

Text - katmck14 • 1d • Colo-rectal Surgeon [44] O 3 6 Awards NTA It sounds like Matt's not over you and Claire knows it. You are NOT obligated to move because they can't stand you being there. If he wanted to keep you he shouldn't have cheated, and if she didn't want a cheating husband she shouldn't have married a known cheater. This is 100% not your problem. Reply 11.0k ...

7.

Text - WembleyToast • 22h • Certified Proctologist [20] NTA. 1. Tell Matt to fuck off back home to Claire any time he talks to you. 2. Tell Claire you chose to live in this neighbourhood before she even knew it existed. She can have the ex and the house you chose, but she can't have the whole neighbourhood. Reply 1 204 3 ...

8.

Text - urson_black • 23h • Asshole Aficionado [12] NTA. If anything, Matt is TA. If Matt attempts to talk to you, IGNORE HIM. If I had to guess, things are not rosy with Matt and his wife, and he's using you to irritate her. Don't allow yourself to be drawn into his game. Reply 1.1k 3 ...

9.

Text - STCBLMAHA • 21h My engagement to "Matt" ended after I found out he was cheating on me with "Claire". Claire's friends and family have now taken to social media to pressure me to move because l'm ruining a good marriage. The irony. NTA Reply 180 ...

10.

Text - KatFrog • 1d • Professor Emeritass [87] NTA You picked out a place to stay while your house is getting work done. You didn't pick the house out because your ex lives there. I suggest that you put effort into not talking to Matt. I also suggest you look into getting a restraining order against Claire. Reply 409 ...

11.

Text - CheerilyTerrified • 22h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [47] NTA I guess Claire is afraid of the old "If he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you thing". Just tell Claire's friends and family that unlike some you don't hook up with people in relationships. Ų Reply 68 3 ...

12.

Text - GirlNamedKarl • 23h NTA, it's not your fault that after 4 years, your cheating ex and his mistress turned wife are still living at the house you thought was only available for a year. As long as you're not putting effort into getting back into his life or whatever, live where you want! If he continues to reach out, put your foot down and let him know you have no interest in having a friendship or any relationship with him. You already know he has cheating tendencies, don't let him drag yo

13.

Text - Chains_and_Loops • 23h NTA but you should start ignoring them. And those neighbors who say you're ruining a "good" marriage, do they know that marriage is between a homewrecker and a cheater? Reply 32 3 ...

14.

Text - Fleegle2212 • 22h • Certified Proctologist [24] NTA. Holy wow; it sure seems like you dodged a bullet with Matt. To protect everyone's sanity, stop talking to Matt. Simply tell him you don't want to talk to him and walk away. He'll get the message after a bit. Claire's friends and family have now taken to social media to pressure me to move because l'm ruining a good marriage. Tighten your privacy settings. (There is nothing stopping Claire and Matt from moving.) Reply 1 26 ...

15.

Text - jenkinsburns • 23h • Asshole Enthusiast [6] NTA. They don't own the neighbourhood. And Claire has some nerve making any demands of you at all considering she was the other woman, etc. Reply 19 •..

16.

Text - Knittingfairy09113 • 23h NTA Can you get a cease and desist? 1- to hopefully keep him away and the benefit of 2- getting it through Claire's head that her husband is the issue (which shouldn't be a surprise given how their relationship started) Reply 44 ...

17.

Text - UberN00b719• 19h "To 'Claire's' friends and family: While I understand your ire against me, I have to inform you all that your anger is misplaced. My ex and I were engaged and 'Claire' was the other woman that ex left me for. If anything, you should understand the irony of what you're saying. If you want to be angry at someone, direct it to my ex. Additionally, you MAY want to have a chat with 'Claire' about her insecurities. Four years is a long time to resent someone whose life she upen

18.

Text - SoValkyrieMama • 22h • Asshole Aficionado [10] NTA. However, stop talking to Matt. If he approaches you, say "I don't want to talk to you" and walk away. Don't answer the door. Etc. Continuing to engage with Matt makes it seem like you're enjoying the attention or drama of this. Reply 1 28 ...

19.

Text - Apprehensive-Mix1566 • 22h NTA, she's worried because she knows he cheated on you, what's stopping him from making the same choices in this relationship? Reply 1 10 ...

20.

Text - MrsQute • 22h • Partassipant [4] NTA - it's a temporary situation. If she and/or Matt keeps harassing you then request a restraining order maybe or have a lawyer draw up a cease and desist order. It won't stop her from being a shrew but now you've got some official recourse. Q Reply 1 11 3 ...

21.

Text - ComprehensiveBand586 • 23h NTA. I don't even talk to most of my neighbors. Matt is the asshole since he's ignoring everyone's wishes by talking to you. # Q Reply 17 ...

22.

Text - TypicalManagement680 • 22h • Certified Proctologist [28] NTA Claire is paranoid because of how she got him and he might still be interested in you. Q Reply 4 10 3 ...

23.

Text - Puppet007 • 22h NTA Call them out for being hypocrites and press charges on them for harassment. Reply 1 5 ...

24.

Text - thatonepersoniam • 21h • Colo-rectal Surgeon [34] NTA- They cheated and now have a shakey relationship. As long as you're not purposely causing problems, and you seem to be trying to avoid them, then let her run her mouth. You're better than her drama Reply ...

25.

Text - the-truffula-tree • 22h NTA, but I have to wonder why you're interacting with Matt at all or why you're social media friends either Claire or her friends or her family. This high school drama bullshit could all be avoided like...super easily Reply 32 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment