Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Boss Micromanages Themselves Out of The Job


Bad managers have a habit of losing sight of all the non-necessary and extra tasks they demand of their employees. It just so happens, a lot of times when employees revolt by doing their exact job description, the shortcomings of the boss are revealed. It's kind of beautiful, actually.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/laxfarmerdan 24 32 8 14 hours ago Complain about me logging in to my phone 30 seconds late? I'll work my hours but cost you money. oc M My first job out of Bar school was with an ambulance chasing firm. I worked 12-8pm in the call centre calling people after accidents to get them to sign with us for a personal injury claim. Officially this was not cold calling as the details were passed to us by insurance companies who assured us that each lead had conf

2.

Text - I was very good at my job. Our target was for 10 new claims a day so if you got a car with driver and passenger in the front and three kids in the back you were laughing as that one call was half your quota. Many colleagues would go onto a go slow once they had their 10 but I kept busy - if nothing else it was boring there when not working and time dragged - and would average about 25 new clients a day. After 6 months we get a new manager in the call centre. I've of those micro manager ty

3.

Text - Now I should point out that up until now I logged out at the end of my shift bang on time unless I was on a call in which case I would finish it, and if this was a call with 5 people in you could be stuck for another 45 minutes. We also had to turn the computers off at the end of the day (easy - hit shut down and walk off) and turn them on at the start of our shift. The computers being slow this could take 5 minutes before you could log into the call system.

4.

Text - I responded to the first few emails pointing out that logging into the call system 30 seconds late meant I had actually turned the computer on (which was technically part of my job) about 4 1/2 minutes before my shift started and I stayed late regularly to finish calls. The manager told me that the time to turn on the computer was not part of my job and in had to be ready to make calls bang on 12. I contacted HR and they reluctantly agreed that turning on the computer was one of our dutie

5.

Text - New manager was not easily been though. He started buying the time we got to our desks and then, as is always the case when relying on public transport, if you were a few seconds or minutes late he'd send the email telling you to work the extra time at the end of your shift. I decided that I had had enough of this and so I decided to work to rule. I stopped trying to get new clients after hitting my 10 for the day and would play on the internet unless getting an incoming call from someone

6.

Text - He called us in to a meeting with his head of department and bollocked us all, asking why we were all lazy and not securing clients. Screaming about us hanging up on clients. I just said "you told us you wanted us to work as required by the contract, down to the second" that's all we're doing. Do you not like it? A few weeks later he was gone and a much more sensible manager moved in. Things went back to the way they were. I ended up staying at the firm for 7 years, although only in the c

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , frustrating , job , revenge , work , lol , win

No comments:

Post a Comment