Friday, November 6, 2020

Tumblr Thread: Anyone Can Be A Formidable Foe


Just cause that kid's playing with a Barbie doesn't mean that they're not an absolute force to be reckoned with, when it comes to a little scrap on the playground. This Tumblr thread shines a welcomed light on the importance of not being a presumptuous fool, who assumes that a kid isn't tough as nails, because of their gender or what toys they choose to play with. 

Check out some more gold from Tumblr with this thread about how Tom Clancy's brain freaked out the US military.

1.

Text - dajo42 Follow Dajo Nathan Jago 1 hr if i was in a shop with my son and he wanted a princess doll i would say no. no definitely not. we can get that for cheaper online come on let's go home and buy you like five princess dolls with the same money Like Comment - Share and 55 others like this. A 8 shares Beautiful 1 hr Unlike 62 that is the correct way to raise a child. 1 hr Unlike 65 permission to share this? 1 hr Unlike 63

2.

Text - Dajo Nathan Jago sure why not-- 1 hr Like 61 felt disgusted when i saw a woman with her son in asda and she said go on honey you can pick any toy you like and he got a barbie off the shelf and she said not that one thats for girls then handed him a toy truck so he started crying and she yelled at him 21 mins Like 61 Dajo Nathan Jago somebody should probably throw a toy truck at her and say "you know a barbie doll would probably have hurt less" 15 mins Like O6

3.

Text - fallen-angel-with-a-shotgun I went to the Renaissance faire dressed as a warrior. Thad a real sword with me, too. I was standing (in character) next to a sword-fighting ring, where kids of all ages got the chance to pick up a sword and challenge the champion. Some woman walks by, with her little girl. The girl starts walking towards the ring, saying she wants to fight. But the mom pulled her away hella sharply, and was like, "That's for boys."

4.

Text - You don't want to be a BOY, do you?" And the girl looked around and saw me. I think she thought I was a boy; I had my hair in a ponytail, and was wearing a hood. So she comes up to me and asks me, “Do you think girls can be fighters, too?" And her mom looks like she's silently gloating. Like she thinks I'm going to say no. Soltake off my hood, untie my hair so that it flows freely, and kneel before her. And I'm like, "Milady, anyone can be a fighter." I swear, the look on that mother's fa

5.

Face - maneth985 Follow I am no man aconnormanning Follow This post was good but then it got better

6.

Text - A celticshenanigans Follow Okay, this is a slight topic diversion, but in response to the above comment. I've volunteered at the CT Ren Faire for years now. For the last 5 or so l've worked in the game section, and we have a game similar to the above comment called "Smite the Knight". I've been in the ring before, it's a ton of fun getting to run around with the kids. The main goal is entertainment. Have a good shtick, keep the crowd engaged, and let the kids have a good time.

7.

Text - In both work and observing, I have learned something about kids. A lot of parents try to get their boys to go fight. Of the young ones that do, they tend to be shy. You get the ones who just swing the boffer swords around with no regard for life, but, mostly, they're reserved. It's adorable. I mean, | they're kids. But the girls. THE GIRLS. Holy crap. I swear, the pinker the dress, the more taffeta and glitter...the more intensity. I remember, the

8.

Text - first year I worked there, one girl came in, grabbed the biggest sword she could, and WENT TO TOWN on our knight. Lifted it over head, let out this primal scream and mowed him down. Homeboy is 6'2", she was FIVE. And once he was in the fetal position (He was fine. It was for show.) on the ground, she stopped, put her foot on his chest, and yelled "I AM A FIERCE PRINCESS!!". Later in the day when she walked by a couple of us yelled “Ah! It's the fierce princess!" and she stopped and flexed

9.

Text - dramatical-fangirl OH MY GOD IT'S BACK YES the-ironhobbit This has improved since last I reblogged.

10.

Text - tinierpurplefishes Follow I taught karate for like 5 years, and the girls were always, pound for pound, better than the boys. Even the girls who didn't really want to do it and were only there because their parents made them were better than like 95% of the boys.

11.

Text - shadesofmauve Follow I was playing fiddle at a ren faire, and two little girls were really enjoying our set. After quite some time one of them walked up to me and shyly offered me her star tinsel tiara, because she “didn't have any money. And this protects you from trolls!" I said “Thanks, that's really sweet – but what about you? Don't you need protection from trolls?" At which point this six-ish-year-old girl whips out her certificate from the axe throwing booth and says “Nah, I'm fine.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment