Friday, November 6, 2020

Dumbest Things People Have Ever Done


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the stupidest things that people have ever done. We've all endured our moments of misfortune. Sometimes those happen to be self-created. Hopefully, these brutally honest moments of mindlessness from some individuals that have had their struggles make you feel better about your own. 

1.

Text - Madhighlander1 • 8h I once tried to eat my phone while wearing a mask because I simultaneously forgot that I had the mask on and also forgot which hand was carrying my phone and which was carrying the cookie I was eating.

2.

Text - soundtribekitty94 • 10h Drunkenly sold my landlord's lamps while living in her apartment. Reply 1 2.2k + ...

3.

Text - cyainanotherlifebro • 9h Paid $500 for bar tending lesson/certification and haven't tended bar once in all my 29 years or even really tried. Reply 1 2.0k 3 ...

4.

Text - Presidentderka • 9h When I was a kid, I took my Nintendo apart so that I could use the parts to build a remote control airplane. Reply 1 2.2k ...

5.

Text - WhattheDuck9• 10h 1 Award Broke the window of the principals office, not on purpose,I was throwing a stone at a tree but my aim was so bad it took a 90° turn and went right into his window. Reply 4 2.9k ...

6.

Text - Hambushed • 8h 1 Award Forgot my own phone number while leaving my client a voicemail. This was yesterday. Reply 1 1.3k ...

7.

Text - slightlydefective • 7h I didn't do it, but I nearly jumped off a 30 metre drop without the safety cable attached to me. (I think it was meant to be a bungee thing without bouncing back up.) I was just so ready to get it over with, I didn't look before I lept and the guy on the deck with me grabbed me when he saw I was ready to jump and yelled " Holy, I haven't attached the cable yet!" Nearly died over something so stupid. My excuse is that I was 14 at the time. Reply 1 598 3 ...

8.

Text - starstarstar42• 9h 3 11 Awards I called the cops on myself because I thought I saw a ghost. Was working midnight shift at an old movie theater. After the last person left, I confused the shadow of my torso reflecting onto the empty movie screen for a disembodied ghost. T ran and told the manager, and because I had planted the "ghost" idea in his mind, he went in, saw his shadow and decided there was in fact a ghost, and called the cops. A cop arrived, we told him what we thought we saw, h

9.

Text - A second cop arrived, went into the theater, realized we had seen our own shadows, and came out laughing his ass off at all 3 of us. Manager and I were embarrassed, but omg that poor first cop. Eventually there were 10 cops there and some were laughing so hard at him, that they had to support themselves on the sides of their squad cars. Between bouts of laughter, one made a spooky ghost sound, and another mimed putting him in handcuffs as they both laughed even harder, and that made all t

10.

Text - NotTika • 8h Lost my phone in my bedroom. To help locate it, I tried calling it using my phone. Reply 1 987 3 ...

11.

Text - nownowthethetalktalk • 8h Paid $60,000 on a house renovation without really vetting the contractor. It looks okay and they worked hard enough but they didn't address a floor that was sagging. Now it's very noticeable and extremely hard to rectify without dismantling the entire kitchen. E Q Reply ↑ 369 3 ...

12.

Text - batmans_apprentice • 9h Waiter: How was your food? Me: I'm fine thank you Reply 1.2k ...

13.

Text - NadaOmelet • 8h Hit a golf ball onto a recently drained lake and decided it was playable from the "mud." On my third step onto the lake I sank up to my chest. Took a chain of three people to pull me out, and my God the smell. Should've taken the penalty Reply 462 ...

14.

Text - SicTransitGloria03 • 9h 2 Awards Tried to have a constructive conversation with someone with a differing opinion via social media. Reply 1 1.3k ...

15.

Text - Anthro10 • 9h A couple of years ago the 4th of July was a few days away, so all of the stores had decorations and clothes with stars or red, white, and blue. In a busy clothing store I, with no hesitation, picked up a shirt with a blue star on it and across the clothing section I asked my mom, "Mom, when is the 4th of July?". You can imagine how embarrassing that was when everyone turned and looked at me. I can only think of what was going through their minds. Reply 691 ...

16.

Text - jrnitc • 9h I stumbled into a emergency shutdown button in a water purifying plant. Received a hefty compensation claim.

17.

Text - PunkinPlayer • 7h Waiter: Do you want soup or salad? Mе: Yes Waiter: No, no, soup OR salad? Ме: Oh!... soup. Waiter: leaves Me: to my ex-bf We can never come here again. Q Reply 172 3 ...

18.

Text - your_local_recruiter • 10h Walked across a frozen lake that wasn't frozen enough, fell through current almost sucked me under the ice I got my hands around the top before I went under. Reply 443 ...

19.

Text - Over head Welding,or welding in crocs is a bad idea in general i still do it though Reply 127 5 ...

20.

Text - SilkyEnchilada • 9h Ate a habanero pepper when was dehydrated and overheated. I had dry chapped lips. No saliva in my mouth and I was spent. I picked up what I thought was a peperoncino up from a Papa Johns pizza box. It was in fact NOT what I thought it was. It was a habanero pepper. And it melted my face. My mouth hurt/burned/ ached/blistered. And no amount of water was helping. I suffered for three hours. It was the most traumatic moment of my life. Reply 1 240 + ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment