Friday, November 6, 2020

Grieving Cat Owner's Question Makes Way for All These Feels


For a lot of people, the internet is the first place they go to try to understand grief, and there are some good answers out there. And when it comes to people's relationships with their cats, there are a few ambiguous feelings. This kind stranger on Quora explained why this person's relationship with their cat was important and positive.

1.

Text - My cat died in my bedroom while I was still sleeping, and while I couldn't have done anything about it, I feel guilty because I might have heard her die. How do I stop feeling guilty about this and move on? 86 ANSWERS Michael Duncan, I've been trained by a few. Some of my best friends are cats Undated Oct 29 Author has 302 answers and

2.

Text - Actually, you were there. Cats don't just sleep with anyone. Cats don't even relax around just anyone. And cats especially don't choose to die around just anyone. Your cat could have chosen to curl up and die in the most hidden corner of a closet. Many do. It's an instinct often observed in cats-they seek shelter and isolation when near death.

3.

Text - Your cat chose to be with you. I don't think it matters much that you were sleeping. Your cat must have found a lot of trust and comfort in you. You took her in and gave her a good life for her WHOLE life! What a privilege. And you might not have realized it, but you gave her comfort in her death as well.

4.

Hair

Submitted by:

Tagged: Sad , feels , quora , dying , grief , Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment