Sunday, November 1, 2020

Teacher Given Pink Slip, Chooses Least Qualified Students for School Project


School drama can be strange. While it's probably not advisable to use the mediocre work of students to get back at faculty, this teacher played it cool in an unfair situation. That said, teachers often totally misjudge their students, like these students in this social experiment. In a twist on teacher/student expectations, here's a student who won an art contest to spite their rude teacher.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/itsthebman12 19 hours ago O 5 4 3 3 4 Have the students build it... oc M I am a Technology Education teacher who always went above and beyond for my school, students, and administrators. I spent countless hours designing and building things for the school; I.e. signs, murals, wall art, games, etc. I really didn't mind because I enjoy the design challenges that go along with these builds. That was until I received a pink slip. For those of you who are no

2.

Text - I had a meeting with my assistant superintendent who basically told me that she appreciated all of my hard work but didn't see much value in my program and with budget cuts coming down the pike I would most likely be losing my job. Now it needs to be mentioned that Tech Ed is not like the traditional shop classes of the 70s where students would build bird houses and ash trays. My curriculum focused primarily on STEM with heavily involved hands-on applications. I related otherwise dry mate

3.

Text - The week following the meeting my principal asked me if I was interested in building some new games for the cafeteria that students could play when they finished eating. Easy table games like mini knock hockey, checker boards, etc. to alleviate student from getting out of control. I explained that I could not complete the project and that was that. Until...the assistant superintendent caught me in the hallway and told me, “just have the students build it". So that is exactly what I did. I

4.

Text - I thanked the students and asked the assistant superintendent to come on down to my lab because the student projects were done and they were excited to show them off. In she walks and upon seeing the projects looks me dead in the eye. She now has a decision to make, what the hell happened or 2-tell the students to their faces what a great job they did. She opted for choice 2, going on and on about how great everything looks and how proud she was of the students while I had the biggest smi

5.

Text - I resigned from that school and took a job that paid $12,000 more at a place where I was valued. They ended up keeping the position and begged me to stay on board. I realized resigning was my best option because I could get an early jump on all of the new openings as opposed to being let go at the end of summer which would leave me with the worst schools that could not find a teacher.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment