Sunday, November 1, 2020

Pettiest Things Adults Did To Kids


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about the pettiest things that adults did to kids. You better not get any dang ideas. And if you do just remember that there will be a spiteful little cretin full of devilish persuasion ready to act on your antics. 

1.

Text - bgzkinsella • 3h 3 1 Award In cub scouts, we were doing the pinewood derby. I worked really hard on my car, (my dad helped, of course). I had already won the first 3 rounds, and before the final round, one of the dads of the of the other kids picked up my car to hand it to me. It "slipped" out of his hand, and broke the wheels when it hit the floor. I'm convinced it was not an accident, and he was sabotaging my car so his kid would win. This was over 30 years ago, and l'm still salty abou

2.

Text - DingDongDutchie • 3h My swimming teacher removed my inflatable armbands while swimming in a deep part of the pool because I was not paying enough attention out of excitement. Reply 581 ...

3.

Text - MikeErk67 • 3h We were almost out of ice cream, I made myself the last bowl. I came into the living room to eat it and my dad took it and ate it all because I didn't offer him any. I was about 8. I'm 41 and I still hide while eating bowls of ice cream. Reply 375 ...

4.

Text - Greenfireflygirl • 2h My grade 2 science teacher taught us that there is no food we eat that doesn't come from plants. He gave the example of a cow, it eats grass, so it comes from plants. He offered 5 dollars to any one who could find anything that people eat that didn't come from plants and said no one had ever claimed it. We all went home and thought about it. Kids were saying things like marshmallows, ice cream, candy... I put my hand up and answered "salt." He was quiet for a moment

5.

Text - EmilyAndCat • 3h Grounded me for leaving a hanger on the dryer Then extended it for reading while grounded Then further for sleeping when told I can't read. Shit still pisses me off years later.. Reply 969

6.

Text - ex-girlscout • 3h I was in middle school at a friend's sleepover. Her parents were very strict, her and her siblings got pulled out of public school to go to a Catholic school (were homeschooled in high school), and they scared the hell out of me. Anyway, it was probably like 11pm at this sleepover, and her mom hesitantly let us watch the Disney movie Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. I laughed at a part, and even though her parents were awake, they came into the living room to scold me fo

7.

Text - ashlie_ren 3h 3 1 Award When I was in like 5th grade I didn't put a book cover on my math book. It required cutting up a paper bag something similar (we couldn't really afford the fancy ones) and I just never did it. So my math teacher took away my math book, so I couldn't do homework or follow along in class. Like WTF, who does that to a kid. When my mom found out she went down to the school and RAISED HELL about interfering with my right to an education or something. The school district

8.

Text - themzy34 • 3h My family had all our belongings stolen while at the beach when I was young. Inside that stuff was my favorite cap, my only cap. I remember I loved that hat and wore it everyday everywhere. At that age I was at that held big time sentimental value. | This woman who was with us at th time started to antagonize me and make fun of me about how upset I was. I was like 6 or 7, because my parents lost more valuable things like a digital camera. Which as an adult I can understand,

9.

Text - smt503 • 3h When I was like nine or ten, I was rollerblading home from my mom's work, right? And I'm heading down 4th Street, and I find something like 16 dollars on the ground--a ten, a five, and single--just laying there on the sidewalk next to some outdoor seating at a cafe. Being the obnoxiously nice kid that I was, I pick it up and kind up look around, wondering if anybody lost their money. That's when the lady in the weird sweater vest comes around the corner. We make eye contact an

10.

Text - ManySweaty • 3h 30+ year old man made it a point to walk up to me and call me by a racial slur when I was about 5-8 years old in front of the crosswalk lady. Nobody said shit in response. Reply 418 ...

11.

Text - x3Nekox3 3h Back when i was 17, i moved to NYC with a friend for three month, to work as an intern. That was my first time living in a dorm full of strangers in a foreign country where i knew the language haphazardly(just started really using what i learned at school) . The day I got there, i was sitting in the kitchen with my friend, just joking and our usual gimmicks. Some tennants show up and were introduced to me. A couple from detroit where also there. I noticed the boyfriend being d

12.

Text - phonz1851 • 3h This was when I was a teenager but for my eagle scout project, you had to have a proposal and get it through several levels of clearance. My proposal was very good. I was the only person in years to get through the initial level of clearance without having to revise it. Unfortunately at the district level, there was a stick in the mud who believed that he wasn't doing his job unless he rejected every proposal at least once. He rejected mine after an hour and a half of argui

13.

Text - myops_rock • 3h I had a teacher who despised me and belittled me at every turn. He was a petty tyrant. Years later he was arrested for molesting students. T enjoyed reading about it. Reply 115 ...

14.

Text - AliCracker • 3h About 8 years old over at a friends house (family was pretty trashy) and friend and I were eating the candy we'd bought and the mom flat out said to me 'you might be skinny now but someday it's going to catch up to you and you'll be super fat just like me' That stuck with me forever Reply 35 ...

15.

Text - mangoisdope • 3h My father would remover my bedroom door whenever I forgot to turn of the lights in the morning. I needed to earn it back every time. Reply 1 81 ...

16.

Text - DylonNotNylon • 3h 3 1 Award A teacher in my Catholic grade school was also the mother of one of my classmates. He was kind of a bully, so when I had a birthday party I didn't invite him. She confronted me about it and would go out of her way to make school miserable for me. When my parents brought it up to the administration she denied it. Now, I wasn't actually catholic, just went there because it was a nice school.. so as an actual member of the parish she was believed over me. I ended

17.

Text - bestbelievelife • 3h My father in-law waited until both of my parents passed away to become a dick. Now he talks bad about me to people and smiles in my face. Only reason I know about it, is because my niece and nephew pulled me to the side and let me know. I hope & pray for my sake that he never needs to move in with us when he gets older, cause that shit ain't happening. But, is that petty of me ? Reply 152 ...

18.

Text - Bonanza86 • 2h I used to get haircuts at the military barber shop when I was younger every two weeks. I was attended by a barber I had never had before, and I told him how I wanted my cut: low, with fades on each side, and a part on the left side of my head. This barber put the part near the middle of my head, and when I told him that wasn't how I wanted it, he told me verbatim, "That's too bad." I still had to pay him for my haircut, too. I never got a part in my head again, 23 years and

19.

Text - Orion465 • 3h My swimming teacher promised me a candy bar if I jumped off the board when I couldn't swim and when I did they said they forgot ,but I saw them eating one in the lounge. I was 5 and I was betrayed. Reply 186

20.

Text - Crunchymemes_v1 • 3h Not being allowed to have any other food during cookouts other than a lukewarm grilled hotdog, or an overdone hamburger. Because apparently everything else is "grownup food". Geez, l'm glad l'm an adult now for small reasons like that Reply 138 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment