Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Bold Tumblr User Makes Gatorade Bread


It sounds like it should be a cursed food straight from lucifer's larder, but it looks like this person successfully made bread using Gatorade as an essential component. It feels like the phrase "Gatorade bread" should never be used to describe a real life thing, but evidently it can work. Here are some really bad cakes that deserve to be destroyed.

1.

Text - snappydoodle Follow Bread is basically just flour + yeast + liquid right.? Gatorade bread.

2.

Food - snappydoodle Follow CLs ETENER

3.

Food - You ever have one of those "what am I doing with my life?" moments

4.

Food - snappydoodle Follow I was a fool. I thought this would be a bad idea. This is the BEST GODDAMN BREAD I've EVER made??? It's fluffy, it's chewy, it's got a perfectly crisp crust. The only flavor it has is vaguely sweet. I've already eaten the whole loaf.

5.

Text - copperbadge Follow I'm not surprised it came out well! Compared to other liquids you can use for yeasted bread, like beer or milk, Gatorade is remarkably non-complex. As others have pointed out, it's primarily water, sugar, and salt, with a bit of citric acid; you can actually make your own gatorade by adding a shot of vinegar, a teaspoon of salt, and a tablespoon of sugar to 20oz of water. The ancient Romans had a variant of this they called Posca. I'm not a chemist or indeed a professio

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment