Sunday, October 25, 2020

Landowner Doesn't Understand Property Lines, Gets Resolved British Style


Honestly, they got lucky. Years long feuds have gone down over something like this. Could've shaken out a whole lot worse. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/pocketfullofuranium • 20h TIFU by not knowing where my property lines are M We bought a new house in January. It was mostly because of the outdoor space that we fell in love with it. In England, gardens can be quite small and sunshine limited so you generally only get sun in the morning or afternoon depending on which way your house faces. So this house, with its glorious, huge garden that wraps around was a gem find. The house has needed some work and we are getting there

2.

Text - British villages can be bloody nightmares for street parking, just with the number of terraced houses. The way my street is laid out, there are a handful of detached houses on my side and at least three times the number of terraced house opposite. This means that parking is a bitch. Our new parking space would give us space for both our cars, and space for an extra car (for all the visitors we can't have, because I live in the north and we are all infectious according to bojo). So the lov

3.

Text - Panic. I check the deeds and it shows that the property line goes to his garage which has a drive attached. I go look. Obscured by the hedge planted by our predecessors, I can now see the garage and drive are not aligned. We have dug up a grand total of 3 inches of their land. It's a ridiculous thing done by the original builders who didn't match up the neighbours drive to their full garage width. I was appalled with myself. I went round the next day with a cake and an apology and asked h

4.

Text - "I've been here 50 years and always thought it was done by some jobsworth who was sick of making driveways. I just wanted to let you know in case you ever want to sell. Do what you like with it, the wife doesn't know what to do with me, let alone another three inches" So we are marking the line with a different tile to make it obvious it isn't our property and my neighbour is a champ. TL:DR I dug up three inches of my neighbours land and we resolved it British style; gave him cake to say

Submitted by:

Tagged: FAIL , ridiculous , tifu , Reddit , funny

No comments:

Post a Comment