Sunday, October 25, 2020

Boss Demands Demolished Office, Gets More than That


There's a right way and a wrong way to demolish an office, and it's looking like these guys took the wrong way. Maybe they shouldn't have taken their boss's orders so literally, or could have planned better. Either way what they got was a big headache. This one didn't come down on anyone, but it's not uncommon for a boss to orchestrate their own downfall.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/Naige2020 5 hours ago Drive a forklift through it. oC M This may take a while to relate but a lot happened. I was working as a Warehouse Manager for a pharmaceutical\cosmetic company. Our premises was part of a large industrial complex that had been walled off into three smaller buildings that had three different businesses occupying them. My office was a free standing building inside the warehouse, it was about the size of a shipping container. My comp

2.

Text - My immediate boss was the Operations Manager and he came to me one morning and told me to demolish my office by the end of the day. Now we had tools but only hammers and spanners, etc. Nothing really suited for the task at hand. When I asked how he expected me to do it he said "Just drive a forklift through it." To this day I am not sure if he was joking or being sarcastic or actually meant it, but it had been said and in front of four witnesses. Like most grown men with the inner working

3.

Text - I got called away to another part of the warehouse and another worker decided to take up where I left off. He started lifting a roof panel off when there was a loud noise, a cross between a bang and popping cork. This is the point where we realised that one of the pipes for the fire sprinkler system ran through the office roof and it had been completely ripped out. The pressure in the system caused an initial spray of water before a torrent of water spewed forth at roof height. The water

4.

Text - The production line was immediately shut down and everyone was panicking. We had a plumber on site who was unable to stop the flow. It had been flowing for about five minutes when we heard the sirens. The fire system had automatically alerted the fire department when the water pressure dropped. Due to the nature of our business we had on site up to 30,000 litres of pure alcohol and ethanol, so when the fireman came they came prepared for the worst. Three truck and about twenty fireman. Th

5.

Text - The damage bill was going to be massive in terms of fines, ruined stock and materials and lost time. It all happened so fast not much had been said but once the situation was under control the Operations Manager was looking for answers. He approached me asking what the hell I had done. At this point I informed him that it was not me as I was elsewhere at the time and that for the record he had instructed me to drive a forklift through a building. He turned pale as the reality of his own c

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment