Thursday, October 29, 2020

Karen Wants $1K Cash for $10 Coupon Sent to Wrong Address


We're not sure what Karen was thinking on this one. She took what was otherwise a low key coupon designed to help anyone in need, and turned it into a whole situation where she was paying even more money in legal fees than she ever could've imagined in the first place. A definite loss. Check out some more juicy Karen content with this story about Karen threatening an employee with a write-up and getting a lesson in management.

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/TheBreakUp2013 •· 1y Karen Wants $1,000 Cash for $10 Coupon Sent to Wrong Address - Pays More in Legal Fees (Re-Posted with Names) This story is from a few years ago when I worked in the legal department of a 1,000+ store national retailer. As part of my job, I handled customer complaints that elevated when the customer threatened legal action. Our customer service call center forwarded Karen's call to me after she threatened legal action. Karen left a message claimi

2.

Text - Karen back. It turned out, we had an old address associated with her rewards account. No big deal, right? I spoke with Karen and offered to send her the original $10 coupon and an additional $25 for her trouble to the correct address. That did not satisfy Karen. She claimed we should have known her address and threatened to sue us if we didn't pay her $1,000 in cash. Her rationale was that it would cost us at least $1,000 to defend the suit (she was in a state in which our company did not

3.

Text - I contacted outside counsel, our Awesome Attorney, explained the situation to him and I $hit you not he said (in a Southern drawl): "I get to sue Karen? I should be paying you guys. There are a lot of lawyers in this legal community who would love to sue her as she is reckless, unpleasant and a total pain in the ass to deal with. I'll gladly take your case." He agreed to defend us at a reduced rate. Part of our defense strategy was to counter-sue her under the state's frivolous lawsuit st

4.

Text - I talked with Awesome Attorney about continuing our claim, but he advised it would probably be worth settling and being done with it rather than being vindictive. Although vindictive would have been fun, courts tend not to like that so I agreed. My company ended up paying Awesome Attorney $900 in attorneys' fees. Awesome Attorney later called and told us that the attorney Karen engaged charged her $1,700 to defend the suit. Although I would have liked to continue with our suit, I think he

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment