Monday, October 12, 2020

Dumb Ways People Got Scars


There's no reward without a little risk, but sometimes we take huge risks for to prospect of no actual reward. Understandably, there are a lot of stupid ways people injure themselves. Sometimes people get caught up doing a dumb thing, and other times it's total chance, like biting into a particularly sharp waffle. Come to think of it, there aren't a whole lot of smart ways people injure themselves.

1.

Text - Noip26 24.2k points · 4 days ago O 2 & 8 More Don't touch the iron it's hot! Can't be that hot! Narrator: It was.

2.

Text - Redditpbl2009 19.5k points · 4 days ago 12 I was 7, mum said "don't use that knife to cut that orange" I used that knife to cut that orange. Things I learned: orange juice in a wound stings but not as much as the knowledge you can't go crying to your mum.

3.

Text - Domoradzka 19.5k points · 4 days ago a 2 @2 Boys from my class were throwing CDs like you throw frisbee. One of those hit me right between the eyes. Still got a small scar there.

4.

Text - polish-polisher 19.2k points · 4 days ago 6 2 2@2 & 3 More I used a pressure washer on my foot

5.

Text - Vnv_23 32.3k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago 17 11 (F 2 6 & 21 More I have a scar on my forearm from a weaponized paper airplane I taped razor blades to and launched with a rubber band.

6.

Text - lilsaddam 17.9k points · 4 days ago Q 2 3 2 2 I have one on the back of my hand from rubbing the skin off with a pencil eraser longer than the other kid did when I was 13 just to prove I was "tough"

7.

Text - ac1dre1gn77 17.6k points · 4 days ago edited 3 days ago & 25 & 2 More My brother, sister and I all have the same kind of scar in our left eyebrow and got them at the same age. My brother opened an empty dresser drawer and smacked himself in the face, my sister ran into a brick wall and I fell off the couch onto a coffee table.

8.

Text - FluffyCowNYI 243 points 4 days ago Was a kid, only around 10 or 11. Thought my iguanas were fighting so I went to take the boy off the girl. Spoiler alert: they weren't fighting, and I don't blame him one bit for biting me when I tried to break up him getting laid.

9.

Text - theebookthief 396 points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago I climbed up the drain pipe of a school, put my thigh in the spike that's supposed to stop me from climbing. Didn't stop me from getting to the roof.

10.

Text - Carsto_2 15.6k points · 4 days ago 2 I was trying to squeeze between 2 cars. One of the cars must have had a jagged bumper because it sliced a 2 inch gash in my leg.

11.

Text - Dahhhkness 14.6k points · 4 days ago For my 8th birthday, a classmate got me something like a "grow your own stalagmite" kit you could buy at educational stores. Apparently, the purpose was to add water to some powder material, and use a funnel in the kit to drip it down to make your own cave features. Exciting, I know. Anyway, I kept it and the other birthday presents I got in a cardboard box in my room. Evidently, at some point, moisture got into the box and the plastic the powder was i

12.

Text - NoNamedPieceOfCrap 13.8k points · 4 days ago 2 I got cut by a vacuum. A fucking VACUUM. Deepak_javvaji 5.4k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago ( Elaborate my friend. NoNamedPieceOfCrap 9.9k points · 4 days ago 2 Spider on my arm. Violently jerked arm as an attempt to get the spider off. Vacuum was there. Scar.

13.

Text - lovesbreadtakesdumpz 13.6k points · 4 days ago 22 3 5 E 6 I was in middle school and we were going to see coach carter in theaters with the boys b-ball team. Middle school me was PUMPED. While in the shower I thought "Coach Carter eh, I bet they do push ups in that movie. Imma do push ups right now" Tried to do a wall push up. Slipped, smacked my face on the edge of the tub, and split my upper lip open from mouth to nose. Needless to say, did not make it to the movie.

14.

Text - watsik27 13.1k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago O 3 2 & 2 More 7 year old me was "helping" my mum iron clothes, I pulled on the cord, the iron fell and smacked me right in the face. I still have a scar above my right| eye.

15.

Text - Oddball_bfi 12.2k points · 4 days ago I got hit on the bridge of my nose by a ceramic toilet seat when I was learning to pee like a big 22 boy. Now I think about it - that's probably the best outcome there.

16.

Text - calamityjane515 9.6k points · 4 days ago 3 5 2 & 3 More i was headbanging my hair dry in the bathroom, I hit the counter. I was 8.

17.

Text - Santiago_Supremo 7.4k points · 4 days ago 22 So I broke my right arm when I was a kid then decided to put a cast on me. My skin under my cast is so itchy, its like my skin is alive. When 2 months have passed, I decided to scratch my skin under the cast using a pen since my fingers couldn't reach further areas. While doing so, I accidentally put the pen further away inside that I can't remove it under my cast since I can't reach it then I just ignored it after that thinking that it will be

18.

Text - jwolfe728 6.5k points · 4 days ago 2 2 Playing man hunt. Some idiot made the camp fire area base. I was running for my life to get there, jumped this huge pile of fire wood, tripped over something and rolled right into the fire. It could've been SO much worse, but I only burned my elbow and some of my hair. It's been probably 15 years and the scar is only about 3inches long and 1 wide.

19.

Text - bennybollocks85 6.3k points · 4 days ago 2 3 I have 2 from when I was a kid. Running around in the dark on a school roof, tripped over and ripped my hand to shreds. Jumping and sliding on a door that had been kicked in, jumped straight onto a nail that went in my knee. I was a stupid kid

20.

Text - anazambrano 5.6k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago I tried cutting open a lemon with a fork Edit: the fork slipped and entered my hand, but I guess the sharp lemon theory will do! thanks for the award kind stranger!

21.

Text - Sofiasofia10 5.6k points · 4 days ago & & 2 3 Lazy me liked to iron clothes while wearing them when I was twenty years old. My left arm can testify

22.

Text - OwlsMirror 5.5k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago I've got bitten by a guinea pig. Worse than that, a friend of mine was bitten by a snail. EDIT: As u/Flumpiebum pointed out, snails don't bite, as they don't have teeth, but a wee rasp like tongue. I am aware of that. But writing "getting licked by a snail until it hurt" could've let to confusion.

23.

Text - shaggiie 2.6k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago Punching concrete don't ask why I did it I have no fucking clue.

24.

Text - jinxed4u 2.1k points · 4 days ago Was about 4 broke a glass jar and sat on it

25.

Text - wunderbraten 1.9k points - 4 days ago Fir needle cut me across the wrist while playing hide and seek out in the woods. A fir needle!

26.

Text - CarlDJB 1.7k points · 4 days ago My mother and brother were arguing about ice cream cone sizes, so my brother stormed off, I followed him back to a villa thing we were staying at. He didn't have a key and we didn't want to wait so I just punched through the glass in the sliding door to make an entrance. There were probably a thousand other safer ways to do it but it just seemed the quickest. Fucking ice cream cone sizes, man.

27.

Text - postmoderngeisha 1.4k points · 4 days ago Drunk, and leaned down to kiss a strange dog on the nose, of all things. 27 stitches down my nose later...

28.

Text - DenormalHuman 1.0k points · 4 days ago Ok sis, whatever you do don't put your finger in the boiling sugar because it's real damn hot, and it sticks to you. puts finger in boiling sugar.

29.

Text - Bubbblelicious 638 points · 4 days ago I have many burns from the oven from my first year at uni. I didnt have oven mittens so I just grabbed everything with my bare hands. Second year I was prepared, got mittens. First attempt as I was taking a baking tray out of the oven, it slipped from the mittens and burned my inner elbow. Still got that one...

30.

Text - xSamxiSKÄ°LLz 593 points · 4 days ago Was in the scouts whittling a stick for funsies. Except I was pushing the blade in the wrong direction and whittled my index finger instead

31.

Text - madisoncb29 516 points · 4 days ago Kicked a refrigerator as hard as I could while wearing slippers after my sister told me she was getting a divorce. Fridge won but I did get a dent in the bastard.

Submitted by:

Tagged: hurt , wtf , pain , injury , lol , dumb , stories , stupid , injuries , scars

No comments:

Post a Comment