Friday, September 18, 2020

Guy Wins Cheap Kayak, Tries To Kayak Across Mississippi River, Almost Dies


Seriously, more than anything else this dude is lucky that he survived to tell the tale of the time that he tried to kayak across the Mississippi River. That is no joke. This basically reads like a real life Oregon Trail video game scene, except instead of the wagon sinking, it was a dang cheap kayak. 

1.

Text

2.

Text - Apparently, with good reason. Being impulsive, I of course wanted to do it right then. Instead, I gave myself the night to think about it.. so, yesterday, I threw my kayak on a friend's truck, tossed a bilge pump and extra paddle behind the seat, lashed down a camelbak, and we set off for the levee. Upon arriving, I got everything ready to go, strapped on my lifevest, and pushed off into the river. Once I was actually on the water, I realized why I hadn't heard about many people crossing

3.

Text

4.

Text

5.

Text

6.

Text - My initial response was to scramble back into the kayak. I forgot everything I knew about a wet-reentry and launched myself over the cockpit, shuffling awkwardly until I got my feet back down inside of the hull... when it rolled over yet again, dunking me below the surface one more time. I pushed out underwater again, then tried to climb back in the same way one more time, with the same results. By now, I was starting to feel the cold trickle into my fingers and my toes - | focused on my

7.

Text

8.

Text

9.

Text

10.

Text

11.

Text

12.

Text - I began to kick for the shore. Though the waves were lapping at my forehead, I could tell that the current had moved me closer to my original destination – the other side of the river. I began to swim as much against the current as I possibly could, trying to angle myself so that I would get pushed toward the outside of the stream as it moved me along. Although I mentioned I'm a strong swimmer under normal circumstances, one arm was immobilized for the most part as a result of holding the

13.

Text

14.

Text

15.

Text

16.

Text

17.

Text

18.

Text

19.

Text

20.

Text

21.

Text

22.

Text

23.

Text

24.

Text

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment