Thursday, August 6, 2020

Wild, Funny, And Unexpected Marriage Stories


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about people's wild and surprising marriage stories. You just never know what could kickstart a love that'll last a lifetime. Could be something as silly and immature as throwing a paper airplane at the back of someone's head. 

1.

Text - maimou1 • 10h 2 Awards he came to the door to borrow my sister's textbook. no one would answer the door so I dragged myself out of bed, and answered the door in nightgown and curlers (hey, it was the early 80's, ok?). he told me was there to see my sister. without a word I nodded, turned around and screamed "SISSS-TURRR", turned back around, said"family intercom system" completely deadpan, and left him standing on the porch while I went back to bed. married me anyway, 38 years on the 21st

2.

Text - MargotFenring • 12h I had just started dating this guy, and he came over to hang out. My roommate was bitching about her coworker Pam. So I said, "Who names their kid Pam anyway? Fuck bitches named Pam." My date says "My mom's name was Pam." His dead mom. Anyways, we're married now. Reply 2.2k ...

3.

Text - ReadingFrenzy • 13h My dad threw a paper airplane at the back of my mom's head in college. She told him to grow up. Anyways, they've been married now for over 36 years. Reply 14.2k ...

4.

Text - LMucheng • 14h 1 Award When we first met, his first words to me were "I'm gonna wife you", and I scoffed. Anyways, we're married noW. Reply 17.4k ...

5.

Text - arovercai • 13h Co-worker's boyfriend's brother came up to stay with them. "We have to have you out for dinner with him, you have a lot in common, he likes nerdy things too. You're not allowed to date him though." Definitely dated and married him. Co-worker and now brother-in-law broke up around the time we got engaged - he's better without her. Reply 12.4k ...

6.

Text - sensitiveinfomax • 13h I swiped right on someone who was the exact opposite of my type. Short, big teeth, not ambitious, really skinny. He was leaving town the morning after our date. He was a good half hour late to the date, muttered softly, and was bad with eye contact. I only went on the date because l'd had really fucked up stuff happen to me and I just wanted one date with someone that wasn't going to lead to anything just to feel normal. Anyway we just had our first kid. Reply 4.0k

7.

Text - 2beagles • 13h 8 2 Awards I had a cold, and went on a date to an Irish pub. I was eating bangers and mash and had the urge to cough. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but just wound up spraying his face with gravy and mashed potatoes through my pursed lips. I was still coughing, so I took a sip of my drink to sooth my throat. It was beer. The bubbles tickled my throat more. I also spit that all over his face. He stared at me in disgusted horror as gravy, mashed potatoes and beer dripped down

8.

Text - pkunk-is-not-dead • 14h 3 Awards met a girl online about 20 years ago one summer after college, found out we live in nearby towns, so decided to get together. Go out on a few dates, drive by local pre-school: me: "hey, that's where I went to pre school!" her: "that's where I went to pre school!" That day we find a pre school class photo, there we are 2 feet from each other. A few months later, my dad finds some old footage of a Christmas play our preschool class put on. We're standing rig

9.

Text - 1 Award In second grade, I was voted class favorite (why was this ever a thing? Horrible idea for kids self esteem) along with a weird fella who I had trouble believing anyone even voted for because he was quite reserved and bland. In the fifth grade I remember the same guy getting called to the front of the class to write his answer on the board. He was awkward and dressed accordingly. The girl seated behind me very quietly commented "mmmm. His booty look like it be eatin' his pants!" On

10.

Text - kaimcdragonfist • 13h I tripped and rolled down a hill, embarrassing myself in front of my girlfriend and her roommate. Anyways the roommate and I are married now Reply 6.2k ...

11.

Text - Moobell55 • 12h My great grandparents met because my great grandfather was delivering the news paper to my great grandmothers house and her brother though he was trespassing and tried shooting at him,my great grandmother felt bad and bought him lunch. They were together for over 75 years and lived a very happy life Reply 19.5k ...

12.

Text - windywing • 13h My boyfriend cheated on me with a girl his roommate introduced him to. The roommate felt bad when he found out that I had not in fact been broken up with first, and told me what had been going on. ... Anyways, we're married now! :D Eight years married, second child arriving in six weeks. Reply 1.1k ...

13.

Text - hey_sjay • 12h 3 Awards Right after our first kiss he said, "I'm not looking to get married." "Neither am 1,"I replied. So anyway, we're married now. Reply 22.9k ...

14.

Text - urbancowgirl42• 12h Met him in high school while he was hitting on my identical twin sister. Anyways, we're married now. Reply 4.3k ...

15.

Text - shaka_sulu • 14h You know that moment at church the pastor says "now stand up and say hi to someone you never met"? Anyways, we're married now. Reply 5.4k ...

16.

Text - TheGoodJudgeHolden • 15h Our first date was a disaster of epic proportions. Ended with me yelling at her, and her paying the check while I was in the latrine just so she could get out of there quicker. Anyways, we're married now, over 8 years strong. Two kids. I can't see my life without this beautiful, crazy person, and I like to think she feels the same way. Reply 2.9k ...

17.

Text - ConneryFTW • 14h In college, this girl like "fell on me". I was sitting beneath her bed watching a movie in her dorm room by ourselves as a "bro night". I thought she was super cute, but I didn't really think I had much of shot with her. We had also just become friends not too recently before that, and I didn't want to ruin this nice connection we had been developing. In any case, she kinda jumped on top of me. I had been a wrestler in high school, and she had mentioned before how she wan

18.

Text - VitaminThoughts • 14h So we went downtown in college to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday. My date for the evening had a few too many cocktails and ended up getting kicked out of the bar because she used the utility closet as a bathroom, I left to walk her home. But anyways, we're marrying next month Reply 817 •..

19.

Text - fueselwe • 10h Friend of mine in High School who looked suspiciously similar to someone I knew in kindergarten. One day: „you know, I knew a <her name> in kindergarten and she looked a lot like you", „yea, I also knew a <my name>, and he had exactly your hairstyle" We look deep into each other's eyes „Oh" Reply 174 + ...

20.

Text - The-Grand-Pepperoni • 13h I was 11 years old, talking to this girl I just met walking to lunch at school. She was cool, we liked some of the same stuff. This jock walks up and asks "what, are you two dating?" We both kind of looked at him confused and said no. Anyways, we're married now. Reply 641

21.

Text - reneeclaireblog • 13h 1 Award We met in elementary school. I transferred schools before high school and we lost touch. Found out we had enrolled at the same university, in the same program, once university classes started. Anyways, we're married now. Reply 4.0k ...

22.

Text - FallingInTempo • 12h I was working at a video game shop, and he was hired to DJ the midnight release of a game I didn't care for. He comes in, waits in the giant line of people finalizing their preorder before midnight. When he gets to the register, I ask him if he's here for the premier, but he says he wouldn't be caught dead playing that game, and proceeds to purchase a different, older game I later find out he already has. He asks me when I finish my shift, and to swing by the DJ table

23.

Text - FortifiedGun • 13h 1 Award I was in 8th grade and she was a year younger. I had a thing with her best friend. Was walking home with said best friend when she joined us. Absolutely lost it inside when I saw her. Looked so beautiful and cute walking home with her violin in hand. Her parents had a rule about dating til she was 16. They came around eventually. Not for a few tough years. Today was 8 years together. Known and been hooked on each other for 11. Getting married may of 2022. I stil

24.

Text - jhzinger22 • 11h During college i got sexiled by my roomate alot (she was on and off with her hs sweetheart) so i went to the common room area of the dorm to knit to kill some time (had a pretty view of the campus). Started talking to an art student who was drawing there and ended up talking for hours and been married for 4 years together for 10. Reply 161 ...

25.

Text - fungeoneer • 14h A friend of my brother's had a drinking problem in college. One day he crashed his truck in the side of the road and a man walked up and said "You ok?" "Yep." "You drunk?" "Yep" "Get in my car, l'll get in here and tell the cops I lost control." The guy got in the man's car, got in the back seat, and sat next to his future wife.

26.

Text - Tim_Out_Of_Mind • 11h Years ago, in the early days of the 'net, I met this girl on Yahoo Personals. She's trying her best to get out of a bad life, and casually mentions that she used to be a dancer in various clubs around the area. On our second date, she's over at my house. I had this 5-year-old picture of my 21st birthday at a local strip club. She saw it and pointed out that she was front and center in the photo. Happy ending time: She did get out of her bad life (at least, I hope she

27.

Text - thefuzzybunny1 • 13h A friend of mine was secretly playing Pokemon at high school when he found a picnicker with the same name as me. He found that funny so he whispered it to another mutual friend who was sitting next to him. Then the guy on the other side said "what's so funny?" And they said "look it's a character named for thefuzzybunny1." And he said "who?" So later in the week during a lunch period, they introduced him to me. Anyway we're married now. He also insists I include the l

28.

Text - zoink540 • 11h Met a girl online. She refused to go on a date with me but wanted to be Facebook friends. For 3 years she would not go out with me. I really liked her and we spoke every day. Eventually had to even tell her that we can't talk as often because I was developing feelings for her and it prevented me from meeting other women that would actually agree to go on a date with me. I dated other people during those 3 years. Saw one of her friends (mutual friends on fb) on the same webs

29.

Text - sparragus-P • 11h We met gaming online and became friends, we are from different countries, in mine, engagement rings are not a thing, so diamond rings are not related to marriage, but they are in his. I don't know how the conversation went that I said "someday I will buy myself a diamond ring" and he said "I will buy you a diamond ring" and the mood got awkward... Anyways, we are married now!! 3 years later, I still don't have a diamond ring lol Reply 123 ...

30.

Text - Wubbalubbadubbitydo • 11h We had been dating for two months. Driving around one day I was telling him about my little sister and how a boy at her school had a crush on her. I laughed as I said he proposed to her and said "she's only 5 I've never had anyone propose to me" without missing a beat he said, "I'll marry you" Anyways it's been 9 years a house a kid and two dogs and we are married now. Reply 117 ...

31.

Text - Plethorian • 12h When I was 13, I met a girl, Debby, at summer camp. She talked about her horses and attending the big interstate fair every year with her 4H group. On my 13th birthday I went to the fair and looked Debby up. She agreed to go to the carnival with me, but wasn't all that interested (I can't blame her, 13-year old me was a dweeb). She brought along her annoying girlfriend Rene to keep me from getting too fresh, which worked. I was determined to get Debby alone, not that I kn

32.

Text - Mahaloth • 14h I moved to China to teach middle school. Was introduced to another teacher while we were still in the Beijing airport. So anyway, we're married now and have adopted two kids from Korea. :-) Reply 5.3k

33.

Text - Lunchl3ox • 14h I met this girl. She started calling me, then everytime I went out to eat or to a movie she showed up. Sometimes I would come home from work an she would be waiting outside my place with dinner. The last time she came over she never left. Sure she leaves for a bit, but comes right back. Anyways I said why the fuck not and we are married now. Reply 1.7k ...

34.

Text - megamonster88• 11h Met a guy on tinder, texted for 3 weeks, almost cancelled our first date because it was raining and I was tired and someone had hit my car parked on the street, got to the date and he didn't speak a word of English and had been using Google translate to text me that whole time. Anyway we are married now. PS he learned English. Reply 1 516 ...

35.

Text - YaDrunkBitch • 14h On our first date he tried showing off by drifting down a gravel road and tore through a ranch fence. Anyway, we're married now. Reply 6.8k ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment