Thursday, August 6, 2020

Man Defeats Petty Roommate With Padlock


Sometimes the best way to confront a rude roommate is to one up them on their annoying antics. This guy executed his petty revenge beautifully. Glad the problem was resolved. 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/bye_ren • 2y Roommate takes my stuff, but gets salty when I take his. So I get petty. Okay a little backstory on this. I moved into my apartment in September, it's my first apartment and I moved in with a high school friend of mine who also happened to be looking for somewhere to live. He had always been wonderful with paying bills and to this day, we haven't had any issues with that. The only issues we've had are with his dog and the premise of this story, food/al

2.

Text - Now, from the beginning we had the agreement that everything in the fridge was fair game and same with the pantry. Being the only one that truly cooks in the house, almost all the food is mine. I didn't mind him eating the food, he would occasionally bring us home food from work (he works at a restaurant). However, my boyfriend being 5 years older than us(25), was also legally able to drink. My roommate turned 21 in November, so he was unable to buy his own alcohol and he would bum a lot

3.

Text - He continues by saying, "That's not the point, I told you not to touch them, so answer yes or no to what I said." Again, we had agreed everything was fair game. So l was a bit taken aback by this. I didn't understand why he could take my stuff and then get mad when I took his, but I said fuck it and said I wouldn't take his stuff. So, after a long weekend away, I come back and he had COMPLETELY emptied the fridge of most foods and ALL the alcohol (including mine!) and bought a mini fridge

4.

Text - was furious. First, I bought ALL of that, second, he always gives me shit about running up the electric (which I don't do, we just have electric heating) yet he buys a mini fridge! So I took the logical next step. I put a padlock on the pantry, fridge, and freezer because EVERYTHING in there was bought by me. He apologized as soon as he saw it, got rid of the minifridge and after I took off the padlocks, never complained about me taking stuff again.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment