Friday, August 7, 2020

Weird Ways People Met Their Future Spouse


Many people have this skewed idea of divine knowledge and love at first sight, like a relationship is supposed to be "meant to be." but sometimes you get hit by a stranger's car and smash through their windshield and right into their heart. Uh, metaphorically. The circumstances that lead to marriage can be funny, wild, and unexpected.

1.

Text - studassparty 482 points · 15 hours ago Met a new coworker and our first interaction was me saying "I don't believe you" under my breath as I walked by. He thought I said "I don't like you". Anyways, we're married now.

2.

Text - pkunk-is-not-dead 21.9k points 15 hours ago · edited 6 hours ago met a girl online about 20 years ago one summer after college, found out we live in nearby towns, so decided to get together. Go out on a few dates, drive by local pre-school: me: “hey, that's where I went to pre school!" her: "that's where I went to pre school!" That day we find a pre school class photo, there we are 2 feet from each other. A few months later, my dad finds some old footage of a Christmas play our preschool

3.

Text - hey_sjay 18.6k points · 14 hours ago Right after our first kiss he said, "I'm not looking to get married." "Neither am I," I replied. So anyway, we're married now.

4.

Text - Moobell55 18.4k points · 14 hours ago My great grandparents met because my great grandfather was delivering the news paper to my great grandmothers house and her brother though he was trespassing and tried shooting at him,my great grandmother felt bad and bought him lunch. They were together for over 75 years and lived a very happy life

5.

Text - LMucheng 15.6k points · 15 hours ago When we first met, his first words to me were "I'm gonna wife you", and I scoffed. Anyways, we're married now.

6.

Text - ReadingFrenzy 12.8k points · 15 hours ago My dad threw a paper airplane at the back of my mom's head in college. She told him to grow up. Anyways, they've been married now for over 36 years.

7.

Text - arovercai 10.7k points · 15 hours ago Co-worker's boyfriend's brother came up to stay with them. "We have to have you out for dinner with him, you have a lot in common, he likes nerdy things too. You're not allowed to date him though." Definitely dated and married him. Co-worker and now brother-in-law broke up around the time we got engaged - he's better without her.

8.

Text - jasonvictory86 8.5k points · 15 hours ago So when my wife were dating she got pneumonia and didn't have health insurance. Asked her to elope to get on my insurance and two weeks later we're married.

9.

Text - GoodbyeTobyseeya1 8.5k points · 16 hours ago I met my husband when I got a new job at a grocery store and the guy from the deli came up and yelled at me for hanging up on customers when I couldn't figure out the phone transfer process. He was that guy from the deli and anyway we're married now.

10.

Text - peaghee13 7.5k points · 15 hours ago In second grade, I was voted class favorite (why was this ever a thing? Horrible idea for kids self esteem) along with a weird fella who I had trouble believing anyone even voted for because he was quite reserved and bland. In the fifth grade I remember the same guy getting called to the front of the class to write his answer on the board. He was awkward and dressed accordingly. The girl seated behind me very quietly commented "mmmm. His booty look lik

11.

Text - 2beagles 6.3k points · 14 hours ago I had a cold, and went on a date to an Irish pub. I was eating bangers and mash and had the urge to cough. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but just wound up spraying his face with gravy and mashed potatoes through my pursed lips. I was still coughing, so I took a sip of my drink to sooth my throat. It was beer. The bubbles tickled my throat more. I also spit that all over his face. He stared at me in disgusted horror as gravy, mashed potatoes and beer dr

12.

Text - YaDrunkBitch 6.0k points · 15 hours ago On our first date he tried showing off by drifting down a gravel road and tore through a ranch fence. Anyway, we're married now.

13.

Text - Mahaloth 5.0k points · 16 hours ago I moved to China to teach middle school. Was introduced to another teacher while we were still in the Beijing airport. So anyway, we're married now and have adopted two kids from Korea. :-)

14.

Text - shaka_sulu 5.0k points · 16 hours ago You know that moment at church the pastor says "now stand up and say hi to someone you never met"? Anyways, we're married now.

15.

Text - kaimcdragonfist 4.2k points · 15 hours ago I tripped and rolled down a hill, embarrassing myself in front of my girlfriend and her roommate. Anyways the roommate and I are married now

16.

Text - FallingInTempo 4.0k points · 13 hours ago I was working at a video game shop, and he was hired to DJ the midnight release of a game I didn't care for. He comes in, waits in the giant line of people finalizing their preorder before midnight. When he gets to the register, I ask him if he's here for the premier, but he says he wouldn't be caught dead playing that game, and proceeds to purchase a different, older game I later find out he already has. He asks me when I finish my shift, and to

17.

Text - Slewey19 3.5k points · 15 hours ago So, back in the 70s our families moved to a new farming town. Our church was doing a fundraiser by planting potatoes which would then be sold to help with building costs. Parents were busy and put us toddlers in a dry empty cattle watering tank/trough. Anyways, we're married 25 years now.

18.

Text - urbancowgirl42 1.8k points · 14 hours ago Met him in high school while he was hitting on my identical twin sister. Anyways, we're married now.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment