Friday, August 7, 2020

People That Went Full Petty Revenge Mode


Everyone gets wronged by someone at a point in their lives. Some folks hold onto that bitter rage and let it fester, and eventually end up letting it out into the world in an act of pure petty revenge. A well executed petty revenge is its own kind of art form. It takes patience and impressive strategic planning. 

1.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/poppypowidl• 4d You refuse to do your job? Watch me weaponize bureaucracy. Last semester, I went abroad and studied at a tiny university. Due to it being so small, all paperwork was handled by one single secretary. Let me stress this: she did not have a lot of work to do. When I arrived, I needed to get my student ID. In this case, it was a simple, small piece of paper - just printed and cut out, not laminated, nothing. I went in and asked her for my ID, since I ne

2.

Text - out. It would have taken 3 mins, but okay. I said sure and left. A week later I show up again. She goes: "Oh, sorry, I didn't get around to it yet. Come back in a week." I leave, a lot grumpier than the week before. I go to her office a week later, only to hear the same excuse. Not only did she not do it, she is acting visibly annoyed, loudly sighing upon seeing me. At this point, I'm mad - l'm on a budget and have been paying full prices everywhere, just because she can't seem to print o

3.

Text - I go back for her to correct it. Again, I'm sent away and told to wait another week. When I turn up again, SHE HANDS ME THE SAME ID WITH THE WRONG NUMBER. At this point, I hold a special hate for her in my heart and start to think about a plan to steal her time as much as she has stolen mine. When exam period comes around, I decide to mix it up a bit. I use both my real and fake ID number in my papers and confirmations of attendence. Those are all corrected and signed by professors, but h

4.

Text - professors can confirm everything has been turned in and graded. It's now her responsibility to find the glitch and fix it. This might have been an easy task for a compentent person, but she could not figure it out. I delighted in regularly asking her about individual courses and papers and watching her get more and more desperate. Eventually, she realized that the ID numbers were faulty - she wrote me an angry email, essentially asking how this could happen. I sweetly replied that I must

5.

Text - r/pettyrevenge u/MrRikkles • 5d + Join 1 My uncle's neighbors threw a party and took over his driveway, so we boxed them in. This happened today within the last two hours. A bitbof backstory: my uncle is now 81, and is a tough, short, elder Italian gent who keeps hisnown garden annually and routinely maintains complex machines on his own time. His neighbors call themselves his "cousins", and are the most selfishly entitled people we know. Their kids have been guven vehicles he was going t

6.

Text - So this year marked his 81st birthday (July 27), and my 31st (July 30). He's also my godfather, and my mother often says that I was his 50th birthday present. This past week, around the middle of the week, my aunt and I made plans to visit my uncle today and finish off the sausages we brought over for a celebration party at the beginning of the week. Well, apparently today is some kind of party for my uncle's neighbors, as there are SIX vehicles parked outside their house, whether in thei

7.

Text - So, pulling up to my uncle's tonight, my aunt sees the parking and loses it. With a grumbling of "That's the way you want to play, that's how we'll play," she pulls up and starts backing in, but not to park behind them... she parallel parks right behind the offending vehicle, boxing them in. Up until JUST NOW, none of them seemed to notice, but onenof the "cousins" just came up to ask if we could move so they can leave. My aunt's words just now? "She can come over and ask herself. She has

8.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/ImknucklesDeep • 4d Don't steal candy from me Okay so this happened back when I was in high school I've always been a chill guy but an Asshole if you crossed me. So I was doing a fundraiser for a class outside of school it was a CTE class for criminal justice funny enough and we were selling candy bars they came in a box with 60 bars at a buck a piece and me being the chill guy I was if someone didn't have a dollar that day I would say "just pay me back tomorrow" a

9.

Text - sold all the bars). Here comes the revenge weeks go by it's sometime after Easter the incident happened in March I was riding the bus back to school from my CJ class when I found this nasty caked on dusty, gnawed on, left over piece of a chocolate bunny. I didn't know how long it was there for but it had to been awhile, I break off the gnawed pieces and slide it into my pocket and head to lunch. I take my seat and wait for everyone to be seated, I pull it out of my pocket and ask everyone

10.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/london_br1dge • 5d Impatient lady honks 0.1 seconds after the light changes. SoI make her wait longer. I drive a manual car. I've been driving standard for a little over two years now. Anyway, I was at a red light and saw that the light was going to turn green soon and popped my car in first gear. Getting ready to go. The moment the light turned green, some lady behind me honked. So what do I do? I purposely let out my clutch and stalled my car so I would have to s

11.

Text - Well she ended up flipping me off (btw I have a sticker on my car saying it's a manual and that I may stall or roll back) and all I did was tell back "Your impatient honking startled me and my foot slipped off the clutch." Honestly never had a more satisfying stall out. TDLR: Impatient lady honks right when the light changes, so I stall my car on purpose to make her wait longer.

12.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/mynutsaremusical • 24d 1 Builders dump stuff in front of my office door. Builders lunch now paints the walls. I work alone in a small office in a public building that is undergoing some renovations while its closed to the public. There is an office space in front of my office that is usually unoccupied (think of an office space with a managers office attached at the end, I just rent the managers office.)

13.

Text - Building managers were supposed to notify us if they ever intended to rent out the space in front of my office so we could build a temporary wall or something so i didn't need to walk through someone else's office to get to mine. But i guess they thought they didn't need to do this because the builders are only there temporarily. So now the space is occupied by the site office for construction. I'm slightly annoyed at the building management for not notifying me of this, but I'm WAAAAY mo

14.

Text - I ask them to keep it clear as its the walkway to my office and not a storeroom, and they say sure but basically roll their eyes at me and do nothing. So I took some pictures of the mess and reported it to building management and one week later they tidied up SLIGHTLY, and gave me a sassy "Ah we cleaned up a bit around here for ya mate, no need to thank us" as i walked in that morning. A few later and it was almost worse than it was before, to the point i couldn't leave my office without

15.

Text - I loose my composure for a moment and say "F%^& it", open the door and trip on the bowl of spaghetti, causing it to spray all over the room and the two builders in the room. Spaghetti gets on everything! Sauce on their computers, noodles in the bloody toilet bowl, its in the carpet and most impressively all over the builders. They start to shout at me but i get just as mad saying "Who the hell puts a bowl of spaghetti on the floor in front of a door!". I kind of snapped at this point and

16.

Text - They sheepishly say yes and i go get my coffee. When i return no one is in the office and the mess is still on everything (i think they wiped the laptops down) but i don't care at this point and retreat into my office and focus on work. Fast forward a few hours and i get an email from the building management. I crack a huge smile as i read an email basically saying "The builders reported your conduct and had us come inspect the damage. However, we noticed the

17.

Text - unacceptable amounts of mess in the office space had not been cleared up from the last time we asked them to, and they admitted the food was placed on the floor in front of the doorway, so we expect them to cleanup the mess, pay for cleaning and place no blame on you in this case. If the mess comes back call us directly, as they are on their last warning from a few other incidents in the building". It was a longer and more Official email, but you get the point. So now l'm occasionally loo

18.

Text - r/pettyrevenge + Join u/tedcase • 26d Thanks for the great teaching materials, guys. Have fun using them! Short background, I work for an education company providing supplementary classes to rich kids. I just quit after 2.5 years. 2 weeks ago, my company asked me to deliver a history course. No problem says I, I haven't taught history in a while, so I'll need some time to prepare the course, but otherwise, sure, happy to. don't worry says my company, We have prepared the material for you,

19.

Text - F*ck. So I look at the material. It couldn't be more useless. Just a couple of pages photocopied from some random "billy age 5 guide to history" book. random shit picked with up no coherence. I'm F*cked. I then spend the next few nights making a complete two week course on WW2, planning the course as I teach it. The plan involved going through all theaters and major events of the war from start to finish. Lots of interactive maps I made on Blender, video clips from movies, lesson plans et

20.

Text - I completed the course on Friday, coincidentally my last day at the company. Kids are happy, I'm happy. Well done everyone! Just got a message from the company on Sunday night (just now) asking me for the material for the 3rd week. The third week? ...of a two week course. Now that I have left, they want to keep the course running because it went so well. So i sent their random textbook pages back to them. "You're welcome".

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment