Monday, August 17, 2020

Stupid Ways People Injured Themselves


Probably the only good thing about getting injured is that it gives you a cool story to tell about how you tried to do a back flip or you punched through a cinder block. But too often injuries come from jarringly mundane, stupid and dull tasks then you're only embarrassed to admit. People have some real dumb and embarrassing freak injuries.

1.

Text - Zipped102 14.7k points - 3 days ago I refused to take off a band aid when I was around 6 years old. It got infected and they almost had to amputate my leg.

2.

Text - Ladnil 13.3k points · 3 days ago I broke my arm just riding my bike on flat ground. I saw a shiny rock and turned my head to look at it and fell over.

3.

Text - GapingGary 12.2k points · 3 days ago One semi loud sneeze. Popped a vessel in my nose. Had to go to the hospital because it bled like a faucet..

4.

Text - bundlesofwinter 9.3k points · 3 days ago Dropped a chair on my face. Still got the scar 20 years later.

5.

Text - sdjacaranda 8.6k points · 3 days ago I stepped off a curb coming out of a movie theater and rolled my ankle. I ended up fracturing a bone in my foot that required surgery. I was on crutches for about 6 months.

6.

Text - fleetwoodsmaack 5.5k points · 3 days ago Not me but one of my teachers in high school tripped on his sword and stabbed his leg. Had to go to the ER.

7.

Text - threetreepine 5.1k points · 3 days ago I broke my nose while opening the fridge. I was sleepy and stood too close. That's when I stopped the habit of night snacking.

8.

Text - poopoo-on-a-stick 4.5k points · 3 days ago Was trying to drive a nail vertically into a pencil, ended up driving it into my hand instead

9.

Text - Jedi_Lucky 4.2k points · 3 days ago Not me but a friend got drunk and punched a brick wall full force to prove how tough he was. The resulting damage to his hand left him permanently unable to fully close it. At the time he was very drunk and preaching about how harmful weed is because it destroys your body..

10.

Text - softserveshittaco 37 points · 3 days ago I used to lift pretty heavy but I got lazy and stopped working out for a while. My first week back in the gym I felt GREAT, and on leg day I decided to hit the squat rack. My 5RM for back squat used to be 315lbs, but I knew I wouldn't hit that, so after my warm up sets I racked 185 (easy), 205 (easy), and then 225 (easy). My legs felt great! So I racked 245 and assumed I'd be able to hit 5 reps at least. On the 2nd rep while raising, I fucking fold

11.

Text - caleighsky 3.1k points · 3 days ago I have a giant scar on my ankle from shaving my legs drunk..

12.

Text - -EDBAR- 1.9k points · 3 days ago Threw my back out sneezing. Told my boss/coworkers I was helping my mom move something heavy because it was so embarrassingly lame.

13.

Text - Terpsichorean_Wombat 1.6k points · 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago Stepping from one level surface to another while gardening. Rolled my ankle so hard that that horrible sensation of WRONGNESS alone almost made me throw up. Had to crawl into the house; whole foot and calf turned purple and I was on crutches/no driving for months.

14.

Text - radicalchanges 1.5k points · 3 days ago I tried to pee off the side of a hot tub because I was jealous that my brother and his friends could do it (I'm female). I slipped and cracked open my chin on concrete.

15.

Text - jasperfilofax 1.3k points · 3 days ago I thought the glowing sand under the disposable BBQ would be cool to touch, it was not cool in the slightest

16.

Text - alyssaoftheeast 1.2k points · 3 days ago I got a paper cut on my foot by walking past an open book

17.

Text - over_the_pants_party 1.1k points · 3 days ago I've dislocated my shoulder multiple times high fiving. And twice getting out of bed.

18.

Text - Kramanos 750 points · 3 days ago I was headed to the laundry room in my apartment building, and decided to walk down the icy steps in flip flops. I slipped, landed all 350lbs of my then-self on the edge of a step just above my left butt cheek. This resulted in a fractured pelvis and nerve damage, both of which still bother me from time to time 16 years later.

19.

Text - TheMaskedAlpha28 674 points · 3 days ago Tried to impress a girl I had a crush on in 4th grade. Told her I can jump over her, jumped, hit my head on a door frame, had a concussion the next day.

20.

Text - birdy5522 602 points · 3 days ago · edited 2 days ago Got knocked over by a 5 year old, hitting my head on a table and breaking my wrist in the process. I wish I was joking.

21.

Text - --throwaway 293 points · 3 days ago In the dark I ran into a clothesline, fell backwards onto the ground, and had a concussion. RedditMecs 25 points · 2 days ago Sounds like you got clotheslined

22.

Text - qpv 121 points · 3 days ago I injured my eye quite badly putting safety glasses on too quickly, by jamming the arm into my eye.

23.

Text - Diagaro 97 points · 3 days ago Was once cutting pants into shorts. While I was wearing them. With a 7 inch knife. It got caught on the seam. I pulled and stabbed myself in the thigh. I'm embarrassed to even type it

24.

Text - LeicaM6guy 73 points · 3 days ago Stabbed myself in the hand with a steak knife trying to pry a frozen pepper off a pizza. I could have just taken it off after microwaving it.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment