Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Girl Gets Good At Game To Impress Guy, Guy Rage Quits


She honestly dodged a bullet on this one. What kind of dude has a meltdown and rage quits a game, just because the girl who fancied him got good at said game? Well, just the kind of emotionally stunted dude who was incapable of seeing a great thing right in front of him. At least she got to see the guy's true colors, and got good at a video game at the same time. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + Join u/kitamoo • 6d 3 1 3 1 2 TIFU by getting good at a game to impress a guy I had a crush on M Obligatory this happened over 5 years ago. I just saw a comment that reminded me of what happened so here we go. I used to play an MMO with a bunch of people I knew IRL. Out of all of them, I was the most interested in PvP but sucked at it. One day a new guy shows up. He used to play, but stopped for a few years. Everyone starts talking about how he was basically a legend, a god at 1v

2.

Text - I immediately developed an awkward crush on him. He heard I was into PvP and challenged me to a 1v1 where he promptly kicked my ass. Then he spent a lot of time condescendingly giving me tips on how to improve and said he would show me the ropes. Being a dork with a crush, I was so grateful for any attention he gave me. His idea of teaching me was basically beating me over and over again. After a few days of this, he got bored and stopped paying attention to me. I was embarrassed that I w

3.

Text - So after like 10 months of nonstop playing, I improved a stupid crazy amount. Managed to jokingly convince him to duel and I beat him. He thought it was a fluke and demanded a rematch. So we played again and I beat him again. He got so mad he changed his build to exactly counter mine, and he beat me. I was so happy because I thought he was into it, so I changed my build to counter his and beat him. And it turned into this stupid back and forth. I was having the time of my life. I thought

4.

Text - Anyways, he didn't log back on for a while and I heard from our mutual friend that he quit the game. He claimed he only came back temporarily from a break and needed to focus on real life job stuff or something. I did not connect that with beating him. I just thought the timing was bad and I was sad I wouldn't be able to see him around anymore. He never logged back on again. A few months later we had another IRL hangout and he basically ignored me. Then made a few pointed comments about h

5.

Text - TL;DR I got good at a game to impress a guy I liked, beat him, and turns out he didn't like girls who were into gaming and also quit the game. Edit: Fuck I wrote this on a whim before going to sleep. To clarify, he wasn't actually that good. It's like how everyone knows that one guy who's super good at Smash, but then goes to a local tournament and gets wrecked by actual pros. He was the best out of our little circle of friends, but wasn't actually top tier in the game. And at the end of

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment