Friday, June 5, 2020

People's Dumb "I Told You So" Moments


Sometimes it's satisfying when someone proves themselves wrong, other times it's kind of pitiful. Really it depends on the stakes. There are times when you can feel like you're talking to an idiot, and there are times, like these dumb questions people have been asked, when they prove it themselves.

1.

Text - cozzie49 567 points · 17 hours ago Told my housemate the salmon he just bought from the shop smelt really bad and he shouldn't eat it. Got hurled abuse back at me saying "I just bought it there's nothing wrong with it." Queue being woken up in the early hours by said housemate vomiting his guts up with food poisoning. "I fucking told you", Tim!

2.

Text - Box_0_Bunnies 80 points · 15 hours ago In the days before google on our phones, my boyfriend and I got into a heated debate because he thought emus and alpacas were the same thing. This wasn't settled for 6 months to a year until we were at a zoo standing in front of the emu display. That victory is still delicious.

3.

Text - iphOne 7.0k points · 20 hours ago · edited 17 hours ago F Had a friend who always rode (BMX) with his headphones in, with the volume so loud he couldn't hear anything. On a few occasions he couldn't hear us shouting things like "car" or "don't go" shit like that, and almost hurt us or himself. He crashed into me after I fell, because he couldn't hear people shouting stop, and I flipped out and told him that one of these days he was going to really hurt someone or himself. A week later he

4.

Text - opkc 4.6k points · 17 hours ago My little dog will try to stick her tongue in your mouth. I don't know why she does it, but it is some kind of obsession with her. She's stealthy. She's patient. She's not fucking around. She will look positively adorable and innocent while she waits for the the perfect opportunity to tongue-punch your uvula. I try to warn people, but they never take me seriously. I took her to the vet for her new puppy check up, and warned the vet tech this dog was gonna t

5.

Text - ponchoacademy 4.1k points · 21 hours ago 3 My ex (we remained good friends, nothing more) started dating someone. After he introduced us, he asked me what I thought of her and I said I had a bad feeling and to be careful. The more I got to know her, the more I told him shes bad news. He laughed it off trying to say Im just saying that cause I still have feelings for him (I didnt) Few years later, hes having to get legal representation, she destroyed his business, his family, stalked and h

6.

Text - Squirrelgirl25 73 points · 16 hours ago When my slightly lactose intolerant husband insisted on eating an entire entree of basically fried cheese at a restaurant.

7.

Text - TommyRiot 3.3k points · 18 hours ago my aunt gave me pet frogs when i was 13, i didnt ask for them and had no real clue about their care aside from the paper from the pet store which i know can be sketchy, so i did my own research, starting with how to sex them. i found out pretty quickly that one of them was female and my parents REFUSED to believe me no matter what i did because "ThE PEt StORe SAID..." summertime rolled around (mating season) and i woke up to them piggybacking around th

8.

Text - silveretoile 2.7k points · 19 hours ago Kid in primary school loved to prove everyone wrong. Tried to prove rubbing salt in an open wound doesn't hurt. He screamed.

9.

Text - ookaookaooka 2.5k points · 18 hours ago Went over to a friend's house in college and her dad was sleeping on the couch. She said "oh yeah, he's been sleeping there for like a year, he has a bad back." I was like my mom has a bad back and she saved up and bought a new mattress rather than sleep apart from my dad, your dad's been kicked out of the bedroom. She didn't believe me. Two months later it comes out her dad was cheating on her mom. The only person surprised about it was my friend.

10.

Text - mysteriesoflove 2.0k points · 15 hours ago i used to work at starbucks. a customer came in and ordered a drink (i forget which) without ice. i warned them that the drink would only be as cold as the ingredients were from sitting in the fridge, and that the drink would be room temp within a few minutes. they said that was fine. i make the drink, hand it off, and what does the customer come back to the counter five minutes later and say? "my drink isn't cold." i fucking told you so, sandra.

11.

Text - SquameAndFortune 2.0k points · 16 hours ago When I was young and still living with my parents, there were a lot of squirrels in our neighborhood. One morning, I was pulling weeds in the front yard when I heard the sounds of squirrels moving around - coming from the ceiling of the porch, just under our attic. I told my dad immediately, but he was absolutely sure that I was just hearing squirrels on the top of the roof and there was nothing to worry about. This happened a few more times ove

12.

Text - Thestar19 984 points · 18 hours ago · edited 18 hours ago I warned my girlfriend that when drilling in concrete, the drillbit can get fairly warm. We were mounting a shelf and I had just finished a 6mm hole with the impact drill. She responded with "But, like, how warm?" while reaching for drillbit and immediately got a fairly severe burn. The only thing I got out before she went for the cold water was a "I just said.." When she came back, she reached for the drill and asked: "It's cold n

13.

Text - jeant288 1.5k points · 20 hours ago My mom is obsessed with soda, so one day she came home with some old unopened coke bottles from the olympics some 20 odd years ago she got from a yard sale. I was like cool, decorations. No, she intended to drink the fuckers. I told her multiple times how horrible of an idea that was and to absolutely not do that but she was convinced that coke cant go bad. Well I came home and there was one missing. Asked where it went. She just kinda looked at me and

14.

Text - imogenchung 1.1k points · 20 hours ago Told my mum that I felt sick after accidentally eating her Crunchy Nut cereal and that I was worried I was allergic to nuts. She told me that she allergy tested me as a baby and I was not allergic to anything. Told her that allergies can change and asked for a second allergy test. She told me I was overreacting. Few years later, I had an ear infection. Got put on antibiotics. Had a whole body rash - everything was red and swollen. Got admitted to A&E

15.

Text - ThurgoodJenkinsJr 1.0k points · 19 hours ago I told my brother he should probably date his girlfriend longer than a year before proposing. Two months after the wedding she said she wan't ready to be married and divorced him.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment